WDW Disney's Hollywood Studios Discussion Thread

P. 185 - Rise of the Resistance Full POV Video!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: WDW Disney's Hollywood Studios Discussion Thread

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:48 am

Awesome! Really looking forward to this.

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby tuxedomask5432 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:57 am

Well that’s only a few short months between openings of the new Star Wars attractions. Perhaps that will help reduce crowds around the opening of the land in Late August. I’ll be going in mid-end of September so this makes me feel a bit better about the possible crowd levels. Sad I’m missing the headlining attraction, but I’ll be back to Disney when Guardians and Tron opens anyway.

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby Ape » Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:04 am

We had a trip scheduled from December 1-7. I am glad we changed our dates to January earlier this week. I want no part of the madness from the opening of the new ride.

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby Dombot » Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:32 am

It's official! I will be visiting Batuu on Sunday, September 1st. It kinda sucks that my trip was set in stone to be Labor Day weekend, but at least I get Extra Magic Hours to visit the area earlier than most guests. Even if I don't ride Smuggler's Run, the fact that I even get to see the area in general has me stupid excited. Till the Spires! :b
1. Intimidator 305 2. Kumba 3. Twisted Timbers 4. Goliath (SFoG) 5. Mako
6. Twisted Cyclone 7. Alpengeist 8. Mine Blower 9. Montu 10. Incredible Hulk

"If you trip me I will crumble and fall because I am a poorly structured building" ~Carson King

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:42 pm

New details about Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Railway were released today at the D23 Expo Disney Parks, Experiences and Products presentation!

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2019/08/new-details-unveiled-for-mickey-minnies-runaway-railway-coming-to-disneyland-park-and-disneys-hollywood-studios/

hsjguygw4iu2873.jpg

As we’ve previously shared, Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway—the first major Mickey-themed ride-through attraction—is coming to both Disneyland park in California and Disney’s Hollywood Studios in Florida. Today at the D23 Expo 2019, Bob Chapek, chairman, Disney Parks, Experiences and Products released a few more exciting details and sneak peeks!

At Disneyland park, the attraction will be opening in Mickey’s Toontown in 2022. The action takes place at the El CapiTOON Theater, where Mickey and Minnie are premiering their newest short, “Perfect Picnic.” Before you enter the cinema, you’ll experience a special exhibit created by the Toontown Hysterical Society featuring costumes and props from the toon world.

At Disney’s Hollywood Studios, Disney Imagineers are getting ready to open next year. You’ll be invited to the Chinese Theatre, which serves as the magic portal through which theatergoers will step from the human world directly into the cartoon world for one Goofy adventure aboard Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway!

hsjguygw4iu2874a.jpg
hsjguygw4iu2874b.jpg

Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway puts you inside the wacky and unpredictable world of Disney Channel’s Emmy® Award-winning “Mickey Mouse” cartoon shorts! Once you step into the cartoon world of Mickey and Minnie, you’ll board a train with Goofy as the engineer. Then, one magical moment after the next leads you to a zany, out-of-control adventure filled with surprising twists and turns.

With an original story and lovable theme song, Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway uses state-of-the-art technologies and dazzling visual effects to transform the cartoon world into an incredible and immersive multidimensional experience.

Keep checking the Disney Parks Blog for future updates on Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:40 pm

^ I'm still trying to figure out "the look" of that first (of the two) photos with the Imagineer working on something for the attraction. The edging of some of those pieces looks very interesting. And that fountain! Like ribbons of water, it's gushing out. :smile:
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Postby tuxedomask5432 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:33 pm

^ The entire ride was designed to give the rider the impression that they’re traveling into the 2D animated universe of Mickey. So even the fountain was designed to give the appearance of a 2D object from every possible angle. I’m really excited about this attraction and kinda bummed it got delayed until next spring. But next time I’m at Disney!

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:56 am

So it would appear that Millennium Falcon: Smuggler's Run opened to a 300 minute wait today at Walt Disney World and the land reservation system IS actually in place! If you are planning to go to Hollywood Studios this weekend, I would make sure you check the app to see if you have to get a reservation for the land or not...
IMG_7227.JPG
IMG_7228.JPG
IMG_7231.JPG
IMG_7232.JPG

Postby tuxedomask5432 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:17 pm

^ Word on Twitter says they stopped using the reservation/virtual queue system at 5:30 PM as the crowds had died down considerably by then. So should be interesting to look at the MDE app to check wait times for the next few weeks before I go myself. Wonder if having such early extra magic hours will make everyone leave by 6:00 PM since that’s already a 12 hour park day? Nights would be preferable to early AM or afternoon IMO, but I’m just trying to make sure I get into the land

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:19 pm

tuxedomask5432 wrote:^ Word on Twitter says they stopped using the reservation/virtual queue system at 5:30 PM as the crowds had died down considerably by then. So should be interesting to look at the MDE app to check wait times for the next few weeks before I go myself. Wonder if having such early extra magic hours will make everyone leave by 6:00 PM since that’s already a 12 hour park day? Nights would be preferable to early AM or afternoon IMO, but I’m just trying to make sure I get into the land

Based on what I saw today I think you'll be fine. That land has a CRAZY amount of capacity when you think about the throughput of the ride and then all the other places people could be - in the shops, the restaurant, cantina, building a light saber, just wandering around, etc...

You can probably have 10,000 people in that land and it wouldn't feel like it.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!