Coaster Counter - Extra Credits and Features

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Coaster Counter - Extra Credits and Features

Postby downunder » Thu Mar 17, 2005 8:17 pm

I was checking out coaster counter and I noticed that the have now split dual track coasters into separate credits this includes rides such as Duelling Dragons, Lightning Racer, Space Mountain, Matterhorn, Superman The Escape, Collossus, Rolling Thunder, Gemini and Chiller.

So get on there credit hos and claim those extra credits - I expect there will be some debate over whether dual tracks should count as two credits.

There is also a new feature that lists the top ten by country (I was #2 for Australia - yeah for me).

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Thu Mar 17, 2005 10:46 pm

My only issue with "Coaster Counter" is that the way I have to count coasters on that site is different from the way I count coasters personally.

For example, I don't count powered coasters and most re-located coasters on my personal list, BUT if "person X" counts them, and that puts them a few coasters ahead of me, I feel then I have to count them. Because technically, I have 'ridden' them, and in an apples to apples comparison, in order to have a fair ranking on that site, I have to include ALL the rides since most other people do too, not just the ones I would count.

So on coastercounter, my count is 763, but my personal count is only 709.

Still, I think CoasterCounter is a GREAT site and I very much support it!

--Robb

The Resident Smart-Ass

Postby CoasterFanatic » Fri Mar 18, 2005 8:23 am

But do they count gravity-driven pretzel dark rides?

// I am truly the most creative credit whore
Ted

Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Postby roeterich » Fri Mar 18, 2005 8:38 am

What about transportable coasters?
I mean for example the Eurostar is bigger than the SLC´s but they aren´t listed on "Coaster Counter".
I didn´t have count them so far but you could use the name of the owner instead of the location and so you could also list them on "Coaster Counter".

Sucks that both of me can't be Florida's Version!

Location: Elbridge, NY (I know, you've never heard of it before...)

Postby vertgforces » Fri Mar 18, 2005 2:13 pm

^ yea cuz on there i am 111, wen i count myself as 115 cuz i rode 3 portable coasters at the ny state fair and 1 in a portable fair in puerto rico

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!