TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Special Olympics Event - Need Volunteers to Run Inflatables!

Hey all!

As you may or may not know I’ve been working for the Special Olympics for the last 6 months. I must say it’s the best job I’ve ever had! My old boss got me started in it when he got me to volunteer to videotape and edit some segments for the 2004 Spirit Games (A huge one day competition in Santa Clarita), and now I work here!

The 2005 Spirit Games are now coming up and I need help! I am in charge of the area known as Olympic Village. This is where all of the food and fun happens (which is why I’m in charge of it!). We’re all set to have big Inflatables, Games, Mini-golf, Food, Jugglers, and more! This is where my loyal coaster enthusiasts come into play…have you ever wanted to be a ‘carny’ for a day, and get community service hours, or just a good feeling out of it? Now’s your chance! We need volunteers in many areas, and one of them is running the inflatables and games. Last year we had the big Tsunami Slide, Obstacle Courses, other slides and more. I also need some of our Video Savvy people to help video tape the day’s events as this year I might be too busy to videotape. I know that Robb will be my main videographer but we need at least 3!

If this sounds like something you might be interested in please PM, IM, email, post, whatever to me and I can get you additional information. Also if you have any questions please feel free to post here and I’ll be happy to answer any questions.

Even if you don’t want to volunteer I encourage you to come out and have a good time as the event is open to anyone!

Here is some basic information below:

Date: Saturday, May 21st

Time: 9am – 4pm

(All kinds of shifts are available for volunteers starting as early as 5am lasting till 8pm!)

24907 Newhall Ave.

Newhall, CA 91321

I need to know within the next 2 weeks if you’re interested in volunteering, so I can get a volunteer form out to you since those are due back by April 15th. Thanks again!

Elissa "I swear it's fun and not annoying!" Alvey

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know I would if I lived out there. The Special Olympics is a great organization which I love to help out. Heck, I even jumped into freezing cold Lake Michigan jumped as Mr.Six for the Polar Plunge that Six Flags Great America sponsored for the SO. I hope you get all the volunteers you need!

I would love to help. My mom is a special Ed teacher at a high school so I'm experinced in helping disabled people. I can't promise I'll be there at 9am. I would probably have to come at around 11 am. I'd be able to stay for a while though. Let me know! Also; where is Newhall Park?

Michael "Sounds like it will be fun" Thomas

Newhall park is about 15 minutes from SFMM. It's off of the Lyons Ave. exit. Email or PM me your mailing address and I'll send you some more information.

Elissa "you can just come for a few hours!" Alvey

Is there a way to "bank" any of this "community service" in case I get in trouble in the future?

Judge : You have been sentenced to 200 hours of community service for disorderly conduct (streaking in public).

Me : Sweet! Can I use these 3 hours I got saved up??

Judge : :? *pounds gavel*

Ah, Id be there if I could, but unfortinutely Im way too far away from California, and wouldn't be able to make it even if I could fly out

Maybe I can see some of the special olympics over here sometime, I know they have a game about 30minutes away from where I live, every year they put the competetion because a kid at my parents church won the bike race last year.

-Justin

• 3 weeks later...