Soarin = Sweet

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Random Ranter

Postby kenshinmac » Thu Mar 17, 2005 11:18 pm

Augggghhh the colors... Too bright...

Seriously though WTF were they thinking.

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby Jose Eber » Thu Mar 17, 2005 11:39 pm

kenshinmac wrote:Augggghhh the colors... Too bright...

Go ahead and complain -- but personally I'll take ANY kind of new attraction, whichever way they give it to me.

Jose "its cheery in person" Eber

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby Jose Eber » Fri Mar 18, 2005 3:05 pm

Rode it again today and got some more information.

The interior hallway is around 50 feet high and the interior is modeled after 7 different airports. Charles De Gaulle, MCO and O' Hare are just a few.

There is a mistake in the audio in that you are to 'exit on your left' when in fact you have to go right. (whoah!)

This attraction is partly below ground, but not nearly the depth (40 ft) of DCA's attraction.

Retaining walls are expensive here ;)

I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Postby CoasterEricHP » Sun Mar 20, 2005 11:28 pm

I got to ride on Friday!

I know a few people who work there *plus THANK YOU Jose!* so thankfully I was able to get on it before the move back to PA and I completely agree.. it is SWEET... they really outdid themselves on the beautiful queue line and the airport theme works really really well. Soarin' will definately bring TONS of life to the Land Pavilion and Epcot!

When I rode everything seemed to be in working order. Smells.. Mmmm.. you're right. I did notice they were MUCH stronger, but we couldn't smell it from the pre-board area. I still can't believe how immersive the ride experience is. You are sitting there before you "take off" and the screen doesn't look all that impressive and then BOOM.. you're in a completely different world. Now I've only been on the Cali one twice and the Epcot one once (decided not to keep riding because it's one of the only attractions that WOW's me and don't wanna overdo it!) but I am convinced everytime that my shoes are going to be wet after the ride. Amazing..

It *would* be nice in a few years to see a new film that covers the countries of the World Showcase! But for now.. anyone who complains about it being a "gift from DL" (aka.. save money) just be happy that this :!: amazing :!: ride is in FL.. and trust me when I say, they spared no expense because the queue.. the ride.. and I'm sure the Land Pavilion (when its done) are absolutely amazing.

During our "pre flight talk" backstage they said the queue was modeled after Orlando Int'l, CDG, and O'hare.. and that's it. I didn't really see the resemblence because there were no soldiers carrying machine guns like at Charles De Gaulle.. :wink:

Those huge climate screens with the questions is a GREAT idea.. will definately keep the people queue happy this summer... even moreso than the AC!

My only complaint -- exiting out the side door! There's no gift shop! I want a shirt with the logo.. ;)

Eric

This 16 year old puts you to shame

Postby socalMAN123 » Mon Mar 21, 2005 7:02 am

So really, the only thing different than the California version is that the queue line is way cooler and that the smells are stronger. Oh well, good job Disney in making another sucessful Soarin!
Disobey

Previous

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!