Soarin = Sweet

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Soarin = Sweet

Postby Jose Eber » Thu Mar 17, 2005 2:36 pm

Those of you who enjoy WDW and DL will be happy with the new ride.

The cast member said it will open officially May 5 and they have been testing it with the public this week.

No pictures sorry, but I REALLY liked the entry/que area.

Anyone else been on it yet?

Uber Designer

Postby Real » Thu Mar 17, 2005 3:02 pm

Maybe in middle April when Im down there I will spin by Epcot 2 times and see if I can spot me a soft opening...

My girlfriend said the original was quite fun.

I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Postby CoasterEricHP » Thu Mar 17, 2005 3:09 pm

what?!?! They are testing? Like.. soft opening? Or you have to be lucky and be passing by testing?

Eric

Postby Jose Eber » Thu Mar 17, 2005 3:22 pm

CoasterEricHP wrote:what?!?! They are testing? Like.. soft opening? Or you have to be lucky and be passing by testing?

Eric

Testing! Can you believe how lucky I was?

It was a rare time I rode the monorail at Epcot and saw an unusually long line by the restroom area at Journey. I heard that they had been doing something since the weekend and guessed it would be that area they would load.

Real, the original is fun, been on it a dozen times or so. This is a step up in terms of que/entry to the attraction. Very minor differences inside.

Banned

Postby maliboomer » Thu Mar 17, 2005 7:43 pm

I hope its as good as Soarin' Over California as that was amzing. I like the fact that the imagineers spent lots of time making it so you don't feel like you're on tons of machinery with the mesh seats and the basic seat dividers.
Okay some cons:
Everyone says the front row is the best, imo the second row is as you can see the legs above you but not the ceiling like you can in the front row.
The Florida Logo, OMG so retro!
The queue is reasonbly pathetic. I could of seen a lot more done with it.

Postby Jose Eber » Thu Mar 17, 2005 7:46 pm

maliboomer wrote:The queue is reasonbly pathetic. I could of seen a lot more done with it.

You will be blown away.

I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Postby CoasterEricHP » Thu Mar 17, 2005 9:29 pm

Well, Im moving back to PA Saturday.. now I guess I have to go to Epcot tomorrow really quick and pray that it's open.

I rode Soarin' Over Cali. last March and was completely blown away. Easily my favorite non thrill ride ever.. IMO it's better than Spiderman..

How were the smells working? Everything in place?

Eric

WDW's Newest Tigger

Postby RCTfan » Thu Mar 17, 2005 9:48 pm

Soarin' is only in the testing phases, so if you happen to past by the ride when they want to test, will you get the chance.

I work just at the Living Seas and haven't gotten the chance to ride it yet. Its suppose to open May 5th, but it may open even earlier depending on how everything goes.

SPOILERS

Postby Jose Eber » Thu Mar 17, 2005 10:09 pm

CoasterEricHP wrote:Well, Im moving back to PA Saturday.. now I guess I have to go to Epcot tomorrow really quick and pray that it's open.

I rode Soarin' Over Cali. last March and was completely blown away. Easily my favorite non thrill ride ever.. IMO it's better than Spiderman..

How were the smells working? Everything in place?

Eric

S P O I L E R S

Well, I hope its open for you, me, I've got to get to the testing of MGM's LMA tomorrow afternoon.

Everything is pretty much in place.

Smells? That was one thing I was going to mention. The smells are considerably stronger (but not too strong). So strong in fact that out in the holding area (DCA -- final slope of the ramp before you get split up into the three gate zones) you could smell them a bit.

During the ride -- the orange is far more 'citrus'...the woodsy was about the same and the Malibu Ocean scene was unique smelling, or they opted for a different effect (I have no idea what it is).

At one point, the citrus came on too early actually lol. But just by a bit.

Its such a class act that ride now with its que area. You'll flip out if you saw DCA. You know TOT DCA MGM comparison that some people make? This will be another, except the disparity will be huge. But its a good thing. DCA is great on its own -- WDW just classes it all up a notch.

There are Fastpasses btw just in case people were wondering. Outfits are different. Its a whole 'airport theme'...but imagine John Wayne Airport with the newest reno of MCO (blue glass). Seriously -- so slick.

I know there has been talk of doing a different movie -- and it sure looks like they could do it. The main cue area (large open air area in front of the two 'concourses') has these HUGE posters of four climate zones with a flat screen below them posting facts and questions. Perhaps we'll get a global Soarin experience? That would be so sweet.

Yah, this ride has the whole Airport theme going on -- but think 'executive' style, 'classy'. Very John Wayne and MCO (airports nearest to American parks).

What else -- a larger boarder on the screen. Still using the film style projection == with that dot in the beginning lol. nothing digital.

Lights are purple on the screen (so important I know). Seats the same, the Movie -- o.k. intro film: on Flat Screens in Widescreen (all panels are wide screen).

Patrick does a unique intro (in front of the new Soarin sign -- unless its a digital edit -- but I doubt it since I heard he was out here recently), but I swear it cuts back into the old footage when they talk about 'these little beauties'. That 'nice job kid' hasn't aged a day.

There is a spanish voice over in the beginning...and at the end Patrick talks about the rest of your day at EPCOT.

Gosh, wish I had my camera -- but you'll all have to come and visit!

If there is anything more I think off, I'll do what I can to post.

Postby Jose Eber » Thu Mar 17, 2005 10:17 pm

Here are those sexy costumes I was talking about:
dsc03060_std.jpg

Next

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!