TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Advice needed on trip to Orlando... what would you do

OK People... I need some help here.

This is the deal.

I have a family with a 5 year old boy.

I could go to Orlando in October for 10 days, this however without the misses and my 5 year old son. I would be on my own, with all the time in the world to ride coasters and to go to Halloween Horror Night in IoA.

So Either I go Alone (Misses can’t come, son staying home)

Or I stay home with the family

What would you do?

I love my family and hate not having them around, but that would mean not going at all this year.

Would you go? Any parents who take trips on there own…

It’s a bit of a dilemma for me….

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I might not be the best person to ask because since I moved out here in April of 2003 Robb and I have not spend a single night apart... That being said though, you have to talk to your family. None of us can really make that decision for you. I've actually gone to parks on my own, even eaten at Mythos by myself, and it was actually kind of nice! I don't know about doing a whole trip though!

Elissa "ask the misses...tell her to be honest!" Alvey

I might not be the best person to ask because since I moved out here in April of 2003 Robb and I have not spend a single night apart... That being said though, you have to talk to your family. None of us can really make that decision for you. I've actually gone to parks on my own, even eaten at Mythos by myself, and it was actually kind of nice! I don't know about doing a whole trip though!

Elissa "ask the misses...tell her to be honest!" Alvey

Just some extra information and reaction on your post; I am very lucky with the girl I share my life with. She has no problem with the idea. She has to work and after that will visit family in the UK (I am from Belgium, she from the UK)..... I would love to take them (and we are planning a trip in 2006), but if I want to see Orlando this year I'll have to go alone.... So we already talked about it, but I am the one not knowing how to feel about it... (Yeah, I am strange... but I know it)

We just went to Orlando. On the weekend, Mary and I enjoyed IOA/USF. Monday - Wednesday, she had a conference to attend, so I visited WDW on my own during the day, then met back up with her at night for food and general making fun of things. Anyway, I had fun, but not as much fun as I would have had if she or someone else had been with me. There are advantages to being at WDW by yourself, like just being able to do whatever you want whenever you want, and being able to walk really fast and not having to worry about anyone else keeping up or getting lost in the crowd. But the downside is waiting in line with no one to talk to, though listening to the bizarre conversations that go on around you can be amusing...

Anyway, I probably wouldn't take such a long trip on my own. It wasn't so bad on this trip since we were staying together, just not together during the day, but I don't think I'd want to take a trip like this on my own. Just my opinion...

dt

I can't imagine going to Disney without my daughter (6) nor would I go without my husband, but the Universals parks are different. When we visit FL and plan a day at Universal, daughter doesn't go with us. I could even see myself going to IOA by myself. We'll probably take her to IOA/USF in a couple years.

Lori - leaving for FL in one week, visiting Disney in 11 days.