Silver Bullet - Forceless or too intense?

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby NYCycloneMan » Wed Mar 16, 2005 5:50 pm

I'm not sure what I did wrong, but my account seemed to be gone, then it was back????

Thanks for the feedback. I think I'll wait until Magic Mountain opens a new coaster until I make a trip back to California.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Wed Mar 16, 2005 6:20 pm

^ Sorry. My bad. Should be fixed now.

--Robb "Bad admin!" Alvey

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Wed Mar 16, 2005 7:49 pm

I don't think I ever posted my review of Silver Bullet...

First off, I don't think it's as awful as Robb does! :lol:

The first drop is laughable...to the point where when riding in the front I literally burst out laughing seeing that long piece of straight flat track in front of me!

Loop is a Loop, less forceul than most...

The Overbank is very fun, reminds me of the Stengel Dive thing on Goliath...

The Cobra Roll is almost like Deja Vu when it goes backwards...you really think you're going to roll back. No snap (the painful, or the good kind)...it's just kind of there...

Zero G is slow to the point of almost being uncomfortable as you hit your restraints...

The Two Flatspins part is fun! Nothing special, it's just nice having something Different! And you actually get a little pop of air between them!

The helix is pretty average, but compared to the rest of the ride it's really the first place where you feel forces!

The run up back to the brakes is slow, kind of like Kraken's where it just barely makes it up!

All in All here's how I would rank it...

All Other Inverts
Silver Bullet
Alpengeist
Talon
Great Bear

As for rideability...I have heard personal accounts from people that rode it 20 times in a row without getting off during the ERT in all different positions trying to entertain themselves! :)

Elissa "those are my thoughts" Alvey

One time I ate pancakes

Postby Mr. Volcano » Wed Mar 16, 2005 8:35 pm

I love Silver Bullet, and I think its way too intense!.... haha, actually I dont, I haven't even ever rode that, I just thought I would post that to see if I could fit under one of the "Idiot" categories that Robb made :wink:

-Justin "Who thinks Silver bullet will be just "okay""

I'm from SoCal, feel bad for me!

Postby What Now » Wed Mar 16, 2005 8:46 pm

It's forcelessly intense!

It's one of the tamer rides I've ridden, yet I've actually gotten slightly nauseous from ridding it too many times. I guess I just can't marathon looping coasters?

Postby Wes » Wed Mar 16, 2005 9:17 pm

I really could have fallen asleep on it during ERT. There's not one jarring or intense moment on the entire thing.

Krazy Koaster Kevin

Postby X » Wed Mar 16, 2005 11:11 pm

To me, Silver Bullet is like a Inverted coaster that would belong in a Disney park. Fun for the whole family B&M. I would agree with Sharktums about Silver Bullet. Get to Silver Bullet first thing before the its not worth the wait.(That would be over 30 min)
Kevin "This really is the Disney B&M Invert" Bujold

Telling it like how it is

Postby Mr.Six » Thu Mar 17, 2005 12:15 am

Actually, I'm not all that suprised that Silver Bullet is as tame as it is. I mean Knotts isn't trying to be the next Magic Mountain. Knotts is still considered a "family park" So I think Silver Bullet has the perfect location (Park Wise)

Michael "Not to mention that Cobra Roll at the front rocks!" Thomas

Is that a giant golf ball?

Postby alpengeistdude321 » Thu Mar 17, 2005 6:08 pm

Silver Bullet? Intense? I don't think so...

Previous

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!