Silver Bullet - Forceless or too intense?

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Silver Bullet - "Forceless" or "Too Intense?

Postby Sir Clinksalot » Wed Mar 16, 2005 11:30 am

I'm interested to hear some reviews of Silver Bullet from people who rode it for the first time this past weekend.

I've heard everything from bad to great to amazing! I know people have differing opinions, but has there been another coaster that seems to have such an array? For example:

DaveTh on site banned writes:
"We get to the top of the lift, and start to drop down, and immediately it seems like there’s not a great feeling of speed like on most other inverts. Sadly this continued throughout the ride, as it just never really generates a real sense of excitement. The ride moves through its course, and it feels like more of a graceful steel ballet than a kick ass ride experience. It’s very smooth, very quiet and not horrible, but at the same time it doesn’t deliver the sort of ride I look for in an inverted coaster. I’m sure that Knott’s got exactly the sort of ride they wanted, but to me this was the weakest B&M inverted coaster I’ve ever experienced. It’s a shame it doesn’t have a 48 inch height limit, as this would really make a good family coaster."

to:
Robb Alvey on Theme Park Review writes:
"Silver Bullet reminded me more of Air or Silver Star than any other B&M. It certainly was the most tame, forceless B&M Invert I've been on. It seemed more like a family ride than a "thrill machine." The ride was "fun", it just didn't seem very "thrilling." It was fun in the same way Big Thunder Mountain is "fun." It wasn't the worst B&M I've been on,
but FAR from the best.

to:

<kallay@ghostrider.org> writes on rec.roller-coaster:
"I'll tell you this -- people who claim that SB is forceless weren't there on Friday. EVERYBODY dropped off after a few rides. Xcelerator and to a lesser extent Ghostider are really the only two marathon coasters in the park. SB is too intense."

to:

Tiki Steve (From Solace report on site banned):
"I ended up riding Bullet about 15-20 times without getting off."

So which is it? Is Silver Bullet really too instense? Not many people have stated that in thier reviews.

I've been on Talon, Dark Knight, Batman, Great Bear, Dominator, Raptor, Medusa and a few others, and it sounds like this ride is more like Talon or Dark Knight, both which I like, but not as intense as Batman, Raptor or Dominator. I like a ride that have a kick to them. I grew up with the CI Cyclone, so I prefer rides with personality.

Is Silver Bullet worth making a trip out to California for?

Proctoligist of Scooby Doo

Postby ScottBrown » Wed Mar 16, 2005 11:43 am

I think as far as forces yes it is weak, but as far as directional changes and disorientation and a unique layout this ride has it made, it would probably be the perfect B&M if it just had a bigger drop to send it around the course with enough speed to provide high Gs and make the directional changes mean somthing.

Scott

The Resident Smart-Ass

Postby CoasterFanatic » Wed Mar 16, 2005 12:10 pm

Pretty weak in my opinion. I compare it to a smoother Vekoma Junior SLC with a couple loops. No real sense of speed can be found on the ride.

The helix at the end has some force, but too little ... too late.

It is decent in the front seat, but the middle of the train just sort of meanders around the track.
Ted

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby coaster1 » Wed Mar 16, 2005 12:11 pm

Ride is forceless but it's an all-around great addition to the park. You can get disoriented with all the direction changes, mainly off the Zero-G roll into the curve for the first flat spin.

All in all, I enjoyed my rides on it this weekend, and it's a great addition cause that thing will eat some lines. Just too creepyly quiet and that mag brake on the brake run is a very nice touch.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby CoasterCrazy » Wed Mar 16, 2005 1:01 pm

Silver Bullet is forceless compared to the Batman clones. I like Batman more than Silver Bullet because I didn't fall a sleep on it.

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby Jordan Shankman » Wed Mar 16, 2005 4:37 pm

Forceless eh? Damn...that sucks. I'm going to KBF during the first week of April, and I was looking forward to it being an amazing ride. Oh well, atleast theres Xcelerator...

Telling it like how it is

Postby Mr.Six » Wed Mar 16, 2005 4:45 pm

I always thought that the drop and loop to Silver Bullet was much like Revolutions at SFMM. The only great part of the ride (still forceless) is going from the overbank into the cobra.

Michael "But we all knew it was going to be forcless as we saw it being built " Thomas

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Wed Mar 16, 2005 5:09 pm

IMO, anyone that says "Silver Bullet is too intense to marathon" is either:

A. An idiot
B. Still an idiot
C. Is so "California Biased" that they'll eat a pile of sh*t if Knott's tells them to.
D. Has only ridden two coasters in their life: Silver Bullet and Jaguar.
E. All of the above.

Considering the source of that comment, I'd say "A" and "B" and "C" :lol: :lol: Yes, the ride magically went from being a tame family coaster to "forceful, un re-rideable beast" on Friday night, and only a few select people got to experience that. :roll:

/sarcasm

Seriously, though...it's not a bad ride at all. It's certainly fun, but it's not a coaster worth 'making a trip' for. If you've never been out to CA, then there's enough here to make a trip out of, but if you're coming out JUST for Silver Bullet, then at least wait until there are 2 or 3 "slightly above average" rides to make a trip for! :wink:

--Robb
Last edited by robbalvey on Tue Nov 01, 2005 5:58 pm.

Beware of the Magic Donkey at Lotte World!

Postby Coasterkid20 » Wed Mar 16, 2005 5:33 pm

It is not the best inverted out there, isn't the worst, and If I personally can't consider it all weak or all forceful, certain elements are forceful some aren't. The loop is a very good loop, the overbank isn't forceful but fun, the cobra roll is well, pretty weak, the inline twist is the worst on an Inverted that I've been on. The flatspins are pretty typical B&M flatspins in my opinion, but the only part that I would call intense is the helix. The helix almost has to much power to where it almost begins to hurt at the end (especially towards the front of the train). I wouldn't call it weak or intense, it has some awesome elements, and it also has some complete crap elements.

Telling it like how it is

Postby Mr.Six » Wed Mar 16, 2005 5:45 pm

I actually wasn't impressed with the speed of the helix. I was expecting it to be much faster and more intense. Its still a nice one though and it does have some force to it. I don't think I've ever started to black out on it though. The most thats ever happened to me while going through the helix was my feet felt like they were going asleep. (A heavy feeling)..you know :wink:

Michael " But the helix sure is Purty " Thomas

Next

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!