Dollywood!!!

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Desperate Housewife Who Wants to Live in THIS Castle!

Postby disneygurlz2s » Fri Mar 18, 2005 9:31 am

I really love this park.... nice variety of rides and attractions. If you are just there for "thrill rides" you won't need but about a half day, but if you are into the whole theme park experience you could definitely make a full day of it.

Shari "I love any park with a Tilt A Whirl" Shoufler

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby PsychoPuppet » Fri Mar 18, 2005 9:51 am

A lot of people seem to like it, there is a lot to do and ride. It really isn't my cup of tea but I'm sure you will enjoy it. The Tennesee Tornado was alright, I enjoyed it the 3 times I went on it. I wasn't there for Thunderhead though. I really need to ride more wooden coasters.

Sorry, Not Feeling Very Creative Today!

Postby FlyingScooter » Fri Mar 18, 2005 10:03 am

The Tennessee Tornado should win an award as the smoothest Arrow of all time. (category, Arrow over two years old) :)

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Fri Mar 18, 2005 11:09 am

^Yeah but the sad thing was...it's starting to show a bit of Arrowness. When we rode it last year, it was noticeably more rough. Don't get me wrong, it is still by far the smoothest Arrow multi-looper, but it did concern me a bit!

Elissa "Oh where is our beloved Alan Schilke!!!! :D " Alvey

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby CoasterCrazy » Fri Mar 18, 2005 12:42 pm

Make sure to ride Tennessee Tornado when the park opens because it gets rougher as the day goes on.

Sorry, Not Feeling Very Creative Today!

Postby FlyingScooter » Fri Mar 18, 2005 1:16 pm

Last year was my first year at DW and Pigeon Forge for that matter.
It was one of the best vacations I've ever been on.
The Chutes at Ober Gatlingberg are fun. It sure seemed odd riding ski lifts w/out snow though, not used to looking down and seeing green.
You and Robb were right about what you said about the Nascar Place. I liked the other go kart places better.
No lack of places to eat around there either. We stayed like a week in PF. did a ton of hiking and sight-seeing.

Flying( who wants to drive a Zamboni some day) Scooter.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Cesar Geranemo » Sat Mar 19, 2005 7:31 am

We are season pass holders and will be there for "Sneak Preview" on Friday, 3-25. Opening day for the GP will be on Saturday, 3-26 and we'll be there that day as well. "Festival of Nation's" will be premiering on 3-26 so that, along with the three coasters and discovering the 10 new flats in the Country Fair section should be more that enough for a full day if not a full two days. Take your time to enjoy the side attractions which some people may overlook when visiting. These include: An area and display of unreleasable American Bald Eagles, An authentic Steam Locomotive ride back up the mountain, and an International crafts market and food court. Make sure you try one of the four sit down restaurants (two have all you can eat), my personal favorite is Granny Ogle's Ham-n-Beans. Find and ride the Slidewinder. Hope you have a great trip to Dollywood. The crowd can vary from light moderate to light heavy on this day according to the weather. The park is actually opening to the GP about a week earlier that normal. The official Grand Opening weekend is the following weekend. The Grande Madam, Dolly herself will be in the park on that Saturday.
Take it easy,
DAC

There is no such thing as a donkey punch.

Postby PKDFreak » Sat Mar 19, 2005 8:20 am

Thanks again for all the great info!

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby spike » Thu Mar 24, 2005 1:23 pm

Lets just say, If I lived anywhere near Tennessee, I would be a season pass holder. Dollywood is one of my most favorite parks. The rides, the food the bluegrass, I like to spend 2 days there, dont forget the water park. Is it opened this early?? If so your going to have a blast!

Previous

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!