TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

A Walibi World Question for our Dutch/European Readers!!

Hi,

Im visiting Amsterdam from the 27th - 29th March and Im looking to go to Walibi World (Six Flags) on either the 28th which is Easter Monday or the 29th Before I fly home.

The Park is open an Extra hour on the Monday but im wondering if it will be particuarly busy because its Easter Monday. Is Easter a big thing in Holland?

If it is we would have to go to the park on the Tuesday after checking out of our hotel and leave our bags in left luggage in Amsterdam Centraal station but I would much rather do this if the parks going to be a lot less crowded and ill get more rides on Goliath.

What do you guys think? Are the Dutch children on holiday that week?

Also another problem I have is how to get to the park.

We know there are two bus services to the park, Six Flags express from Harderwijk and the Connexxion service from Lelystad.

I would rather get the Lelystad bus as its closer by train to Amsterdam but I cant read the website for timetables and a translation isnt working very well.

I was also wondering if they do a combined ticket for bus and entrance.

Any help would be very much appreciated especially on the Connexxion timetable.

Many Thanks

James

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I don't have an answer for you about the Easter thing, I will certainly say that the more rides you can get on Goliath the better!

Also, one thing I was going to ask - we noticed when we were there in 2002 that Goliath seemed to have more airtime towards the front of the train. Have other people found this to be true also?

Hope you can get an answer to your questions.

--Robb

I think I'll have to dissapoint you... Easter Monday is not only a bank-holiday, but it also falls in the middle of the Easter Holiday! Most parks in Holland are crowed that day... But it shouldn't prevent you from going! When you have the chance...TAKE IT !

On wich site did you watch for the timetable? The first link on the official site shows a timetable from 2004 and on the second site wich should include the timetable from Connexxion I can´t find any timetable

The thing with Goliath and the front seat is true. My last ride was in October 04, when I took 2 rides in the front seat and this is the best place for airtime on this coaster. But I think the back is better in the fast turns.

I hope this helps a little ...

The 2 times I've been to Six Flags Holland, we've always gone to Harderwijk rather than Lelystad.

This is because we have come via Rotterdam.

This service is pretty good and ran a 30 min interval to the park. You could get a combined bus fare/ entrance fee from the bus driver - it even worked out cheaper to do it this way. I can go into further details on the bus from Harderwijk if you wish.... We did see other buses at the park, which we assumed went to Lelystad. These buses are 'bendy' buses ( 1 1/2 buses in one, with a rubber bendy bit third of away from the back) .

I think! They run a similar type of service.

Robb, yes I agree Goliath is fantastic at the front, you get far more air time there, at the back the 'Stinger Dive' is far more fun.

I love Goliath where ever I sit on it tho

Thanks for your replies.

Thats not too bad about easter ill probably try to go on the tuesday then.

Im definately gonna try and get the bus from Lelysad as its closed to Amsterdam than Hardewick. Does anyone have any idea how long the transfer is from the station as I want to be there at opening?

Thanks again for your help

James

Thanks for your replies.

Thats not too bad about easter ill probably try to go on the tuesday then.

Im definately gonna try and get the bus from Lelysad as its closed to Amsterdam than Hardewick. Does anyone have any idea how long the transfer is from the station as I want to be there at opening?

Thanks again for your help

James

Hey there! Cool thing of you coming to Walibi World! What I would recommend you, is that when your starting point is Amsterdam, you have two options (assuming you'll go on Tuesday):

1. Take the 08.06 train to Amersfoort (platform 8b), transfer in Amersfoort to Harderwijk (platform 2). When you arive at Harderwijk, the Walibi World Express (bus) is probably waiting for you! With this option, you'll arive at Harderwijk at 09.11. The busride to the park takes about 20 minutes, and will cost you around € 6,- (or buy a combi-ticket from the driver, saves time waiting for the ticketboxes)

2. Take the 08.33 train to Lelystad Central Station (platform 11b), arival at 09.10 in Lelystad. Problem is, I don't know how long the bus will take to get to Walibi World...

The park will be open from 10.00, and I would advise you, being on time.

Enjoy the park, and be sure to head to the back of the park first, for Goliath! You might think the entrance is in the front, but it really is not! Head for the Space-Shot (you shouldn't be able to miss this landmark) and when you reach it, turn left. This is the path to Goliath (notice the trashcans). Have fun!