TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dave's Quick Orlando Update!

Mary has to go to some sort of computer programming conference that would no doubt increase the damage on my already well-damaged brain, but it's in Orlando, so I came along to enjoy the sun and visit some parks. We left a few days early to visit IOA/Universal, and here are some quick thoughts:

Mummy - One word:GODLY! One of the best attractions in any park ever, and perhaps the best attraction now at USF. Great theming, amazing effects, and the coaster kicks ass! I got some amazing air time in the back on my first ride. And it has a single riders line, which made it easy to get multiple rides quickly. Worth the price of admission itself.

The rest of USF - We had an excellent time. The park was very busy, but they do an excellent job of moving people through the attractions, and we also maximized our time by getting to the park before opening each day and banging out stuff that takes longer. Mary had an excellent time, and we rode every major attraction at least one (even the ultra-lame Twister!). Shrek 4D was also excellent and a lot of fun.

IOA - Again, the park was exceptionally busy (there was some sort of cheerleading competition going on), but they can handle the crowds well. Plus, our first day we were there at about 8:40, and the gates were opened and rides were running, so we managed to get on every ride but the two water rides (wasn't quite warm enough for them) by 11:30! Everything was a near walk on that morning, except for One Fish Two Fish, which took us 15 minutes. With all of the attractions out of the way, that meant it was time for...MYTHOS!!!!

Mythos is the best park restaurant EVER, and it still has amazing food. We enjoyed our excellent food (I almost ordered two of the tomato salads, as they are that damn good) and were also impressed with the excellent service - that guy got a good tip!

Anyway, we had a great visit to IOA/USF, and though we rode almost everything the first day, having the two day ticket allowed us to take our time and ride stuff more than once if we liked (which we certainly did with Mummy and Spiderman!).

Mary's conference starts today, so I'm spending the next three days at WDW. Should be fun...

dt

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are going to Epcot, lemme know! Maybe I'll be at the Seas that day! Wahoo!

Sounds like a good time. I'm still waiting to get to USF/IoA. An actor I know works at Disney and Universal so he is going to get me some free passes.

Dave,

It sounds like you had a great time at the parks, I'm glad you got to come down here and see the sun and visit some of the "Fun" stuff while you could

It sounds like Universal and IOA were alot of fun, and like you covered most of Universal (Which I can barely do, or just not bother to ride some of the stuff thats in the park... )

Great TR! Have fun at Disney!

-Justin

Mummy - One word:GODLY! One of the best attractions in any park ever, and perhaps the best attraction now at USF. Great theming, amazing effects, and the coaster kicks ass! I got some amazing air time in the back on my first ride. And it has a single riders line, which made it easy to get multiple rides quickly. Worth the price of admission itself.

I have to ride ROTM this fall because everyone that rides it loves it.

^Keith and I are the same way - we are absolutely obsessed with Mummy. We'll literally go to Universal Orlando JUST to ride Mummy and leave sometimes (if we're busy, lol).

Living four miles away has its advantages!

Joe "dammit, I haven't been on Mummy in like two weeks!" C.

I don't think I've heard anyone really say a bad thing overall about USF's Mummy. The story could be a lot better, but the ride is so sweet! I think it's a roller coaster for people who don't like roller coasters.