New coaster concepts from Intamin!

Including Intamin's single rail coaster!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Re: New coaster concepts from Intamin!

Postby PKI Jizzman » Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:30 pm

Mr Freeze clones are amazing because of that vertical launch I am all about that upside down launch.

Is that Perilous Plunge 2.0! Looks like the Dinosaur Park in China has almost the same thing. It is ready to go.
{1991} Chicago based. Creative ad world guy with @adultswim @cartoonnetwork World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd
IG: photoboothez

I will provide you with maximum pleasure.

Postby DBru » Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:18 am

While somewhat annoyingly misnamed, the Gigasplash looks fantastic! Perilous Plunge was totally insane. I can only imagine an updated version with Intamin’s new lap bars would be even more amazing—if it works. :lol:

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby The Great Zo » Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:11 am

DBru wrote:While somewhat annoyingly misnamed, the Gigasplash looks fantastic!

I think that means the splash goes out a distance of 287 feet, right? :devil:

That's actually the one I'm most interested in, to be honest. I love the idea of water coasters, but I'm not sure any of the ones I've been on (Intamin or Mack) have really closed the deal for me. Maybe this will be the model that does it!
-- Andy
Trip Reports: 2013 BG/KD -- 2013 TPR -- 2014 KI -- 2014 TPR -- 2015 TPR -- 2015 CP -- 2017 FL
Trip Reports: 2017 CP -- 2017 TPR -- 2018 FC -- 2018 CA -- 2019 CP -- 2019 Euro -- 2019 GC

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Superbatboy » Fri Jul 24, 2020 4:10 am

Premier, RMC, and Mack give a collective side eye.

I love how clean looking their take on the Power Splash looks, their version of the Sky Rocket II looks gnarly as well.
1.Skyrush 2.El Toro 3.Fury 325 4.Maverick 5.New Texas Giant 6.Wicked Cyclone 7.Twisted Colossus 8.Superman:TR 9.Millennium Force 10.Apollo's Chariot

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby willh51 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:06 am

Neat concepts. I would love Intamin to finally nail a modern water coaster/flume project. Perilous Plunge was absolutely insane when I rode it back in mid 2000s at Knott's. Obviously we know the saga of Pilgrims Plunge at Holiday World and Shoot the Rapids at Cedar Point, and the Energylandia Speed Water Coaster shoot-the-chutes and its clones aren't exactly well liked.

Has anyone ridden the American Dream shuttle here? The new concept looks like an expanded version of that.
1. Intimidator 305 2. Maverick 3. Bizarro at SFNE 4. Millennium Force 5. Raptor
6. Batman & Robin: The Chiller (defunct) 7. Nitro 8. Apollo's Chariot 9. Afterburn (Carowinds) 10. Lightning Racer

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:11 am

^ Sandy's never opened to the public before the shutdown.
Top 3 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland)
Top 3 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce
Most Recent Trip Reports- Holiday World & Indiana Beach

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby Haymaker » Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:21 am

Im confused on the Ultra Splash. How does it not cause a wave the first time through?

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby mikeykaise » Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:26 am

I'm thinking the small compact dueling Racer model is what's coming to KK in the old drag racer location based on the rumors that's been posted.

Is my pee supposed to be this color?

Postby Midgetman82 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:54 am

Haymaker wrote:Im confused on the Ultra Splash. How does it not cause a wave the first time through?

Just like the Mack Powersplash, there's a controlled channel where the track splashes. It's drained on the first passes, then instantly flooded when the boat (train?) drops in the final time.

These concepts are wicked, and I especially want to see that vertical LSM coaster go out to more places.
mikeykaise wrote:I'm thinking the small compact dueling Racer model is what's coming to KK in the old drag racer location based on the rumors that's been posted.

I want to believe that, tho I'm still leaning on it being from RMC if it actually happens. Either would be stellar.
So long, and thanks for all the fish! | Flickr | YouTube | @WaterSlideDB | Coaster Count

Nuthin' better than a naked donkey!

Postby JJLehto » Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:24 am

Looks fun! Intamin are indeed legends and while it is a tad weird to see them being the followers and not innovators for once, that is a good thing :D And these look pretty good. Better than some of the OG's
Coaster Count: 178

Top 10 Steel: Steel Vengeance, Wicked Cyclone, Fury 325, Millennium Force, Storm Chaser, Skyrush, Maverick, Goliath (SFoG), I305, Lightning Run
Top 10 Wood: Voyage, Phoenix, El Toro, Boulder Dash, Mystic Timbers, Lightning Racer, Grizzly (KD), Legend, Raven, Gold Striker

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!