TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

New coaster concepts from Intamin!

Hey everyone -

I'm sure you may have seen these making the rounds earlier today... Intamin has presented four new roller coaster concepts.

First we have a new single-rail, inline-seating racing coaster concept called the Hot Racer.

Second, a super-compact multi-launch LSM coaster.

And third and fourth, two single-rail water coasters - one a full circuit and one a shuttle like the Mack Power Splash.

Annndddd. ready, go! Discuss!

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm interested to see Intamin's take on some of the concepts we've seen from other manufacturers. I'm most intrigued by Hot Racer since I loved the interaction of West Coast Racers and I want to see what craziness Intamin can do with the single rail track.

This looks sick. "We can make your power splash look like the future."

God I love Intamin.

I thought it looked like a brontosaurus to be honest, not the future.

I love Intamin, but the computer animation in these is leaving me a bit . . cold ?

but I look forward to someone getting Hot Racer concept, or the Giga Splash - that towering waterfall would be a *stunning* feature in any park.

so eager to see what comes of these concepts, and hopefully some will get built.

I'm interested to see Intamin's take on some of the concepts we've seen from other manufacturers.

I'm kind of two minds on this. I agree with this that I'm excited to see Intamin's take on popular rides out there right now. But it seems a little weird to me. I always love Intamin because they usually go off and do their own thing that's completely unique at the time e.g. Aquatrax, 4D spinning coasters, a plug and play wooden coaster, giga/strata coasters etc.

I'm sure I'll get hit with many examples where I'm wrong now but it feels weird to see Intamin instead doing their own spin on other companies' popular concepts. I realize it's common in the industry but it seems a new direction almost for Intamin. The Giga Splash at least looks unique from anything else out there.

These look very okay. Very, very okay. I could see the Chinese parks and Energylandia buying lots and lots of them.

Okay... Maybe the Giga Splash looks a little better than okay!

I will admit that I was *interested* to see Intamin take on several concepts that other manufacturers have tackled. It looks like their version of a single rail, a PowerSplash, and a Sky Rocket II. That Gigasplash looks wild though.

But I will never complain about more competition in the industry. Intamin just usually goes off on their own path and inspires other manufacturers, not vice versa. I still love and worship Intamin and look forward to any of these getting built!

Probably Energylandia.

While somewhat annoyingly misnamed, the Gigasplash looks fantastic! Perilous Plunge was totally insane. I can only imagine an updated version with Intamin’s new lap bars would be even more amazing—if it works.

While somewhat annoyingly misnamed, the Gigasplash looks fantastic!

I think that means the splash goes out a distance of 287 feet, right?

That's actually the one I'm most interested in, to be honest. I love the idea of water coasters, but I'm not sure any of the ones I've been on (Intamin or Mack) have really closed the deal for me. Maybe this will be the model that does it!

Neat concepts. I would love Intamin to finally nail a modern water coaster/flume project. Perilous Plunge was absolutely insane when I rode it back in mid 2000s at Knott's. Obviously we know the saga of Pilgrims Plunge at Holiday World and Shoot the Rapids at Cedar Point, and the Energylandia Speed Water Coaster shoot-the-chutes and its clones aren't exactly well liked.

Has anyone ridden the American Dream shuttle here? The new concept looks like an expanded version of that.

Im confused on the Ultra Splash. How does it not cause a wave the first time through?

Just like the Mack Powersplash, there's a controlled channel where the track splashes. It's drained on the first passes, then instantly flooded when the boat (train?) drops in the final time.

These concepts are wicked, and I especially want to see that vertical LSM coaster go out to more places.

I'm thinking the small compact dueling Racer model is what's coming to KK in the old drag racer location based on the rumors that's been posted.

I want to believe that, tho I'm still leaning on it being from RMC if it actually happens. Either would be stellar.

Looks fun! Intamin are indeed legends and while it is a tad weird to see them being the followers and not innovators for once, that is a good thing And these look pretty good. Better than some of the OG's

Part of me wonders if one of the Dueling Single Rail coaster concepts is what is coming to Universal's Epic Universe (but maybe a higher capacity, more custom design). Universal has been working with Intamin quite a bit lately and everyone's attention was drawn to the mystery coaster in the concept art when it was announced.