Switch to full style
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Post a reply

Re: Chuck's TPR Shameless Nostalgia Trip Thread

Mon May 04, 2020 6:04 pm

Nice photos! There's a bunch of beautiful Intamins in that lot! I still don't think I ever want to do one of those SCAD towers though....

Mon May 04, 2020 6:07 pm

I miss Tornado. And Thunderbird coaster. And pretty much, most of Grona Lund. :sad:

Great stuff you picked to show, Chuck. It all works nicely together.

And that SCAD Tower. Wow, to think I did that thing twice, in two separate tours!

Mon May 04, 2020 7:06 pm

Great report! I knew Hansa opened Karnan without all the theming complete only to finish it later, but I didn't realize they dis the same thing with Fluch von Novgorod as well.

Question on Piraten, I've seen a few people say Piraten has a faster lift than Kawasemi (only Mega Lite I've ridden) and it makes a huge difference. I'm thinking it may be because Tobu Zoo is usually empty and the ride just doesn't get to warm up/run full trains. Do you think Piraten is way better than Kawasemi since I believe you've ridden it on an ERT session with a full train?

Mon May 04, 2020 7:20 pm

While I don't post very often, I've been here with you guys for a long, long time and it's been a fantastic journey! Thanks for the blast from the past!

Tue May 05, 2020 4:55 am

SharkTums wrote:I miss Scandi!

And the green bunny ears.

Tue May 05, 2020 3:27 pm

Any report with Sweden is a good report, and I think I'm going to have to get to Denmark and Norway one of these years too.

Tue May 05, 2020 6:09 pm

And remember: Pirates don't say "whee," they say "arrr!

" Well "Yarrr!"  I learned something new...thanks!  I always thought pirates said "arrgh."  But Google agrees with you.  They say "arr."   Yo-ho-ho, and a bottle of rum! :evil:

Look! Donald Trump is at Liseberg!

Puleeeze KEEP him there!  "Shelter-in-Place" DJT!  (Sorry Liseberg, you don't deserve that.  Maybe just an itty bitty quarantine?)

Thanks Chuck for your 'nostalgia reports.'  Even tho I wasn't on the trip, I feel nostalgic.  :lol: (Denmark is beautiful.  Was there ages ago & I'd love to go back.)

Alice

Tue May 05, 2020 7:18 pm

^I think they also say "argh" from time to time.

Tue May 05, 2020 7:28 pm

Farley.jpg
^What he said
Farley.jpg (91.78 KiB) Viewed 813 times

The Great Zo wrote:Any report with Sweden is a good report

This is a F A C T !!

Tue May 05, 2020 7:30 pm

^^ They also say this, apparently.....
Attachments
Resize of IMG_5044e.JPG
Ghhrrr......? In Djurs Sommerland. (2014)
Resize of IMG_5044e.JPG (115.64 KiB) Viewed 809 times
Post a reply
MY LATEST VIDEOS