Photo TR: Andy's 2019 European Adventure with TPR

Day 12: Energylandia
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Re: Photo TR: Andy's 2019 European Adventure with TPR

Postby Taylor Finn » Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:13 pm

Certainly bizarre park. Really bizarre assortment of coasters. Some day in the distant future, maybe I will visit to see if they've figured it out.

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Re: Photo TR: Andy's 2019 European Adventure with TPR

Postby The Great Zo » Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:35 am

robbalvey wrote:This EXACTLY was an example of how the rest of the day would go. The same kind of nonsensical pointless policies followed us throughout the entire day.

It was just one thing after another, all day long, that didn't make sense.

And I hate to speculate too much ... but if that was true to me as a guest, and true to you in your role as someone working with the park professionally, then what other aspects of their operations are they doing in nonsensical ways?

rubysparkles wrote:Love your writing style in this report, really enjoyable to read and it’s fun to remember the trip. Hyperion was a really good coaster probably my third favourite after Lech and Untamed, but that queue when we did the final ride... I think that might be my own version of hell doing that pointless walk was fine (if not annoying) but coming to that room with no-one directing traffic and looking like a huge blob of people with no discernible direction... yes hell. I do vaguely remember watching the flow of traffic and trying to get us in the quickest arm of the queue, lots of strategising.

I forgot about that dark ride, I really couldn’t believe it. No operator around, just get on a real wtf moment at a park with a few of them. The Viking show was another, erm, confusing experience. And thanks for the photo evidence of me on a kiddie coaster, I tried to be cool and not go on all of them but you got evidence of me on that one. I classed up the experience with the philosophy though, to my credit.

Can’t wait for the next section! You really captured this part well, I’d forgotten so many of the details.

Thanks!

Yeah, if you're not a fan of lots of people in small enclosed spaces, that last room of the Hyperion queue is just not good. It's a concrete sardine tin. Your strategizing was great, and I was grateful for whatever advanced-degree calculus you were doing in your head to get us out of there a little quicker.

And hey, we all whored that wacky worm like champs, but you will note no pictures of you on the powered credit, and I thank you for joining me on the sidelines for that one. :lmao:
-- Andy
Trip Reports: 2013 BG/KD -- 2013 TPR -- 2014 KI -- 2014 TPR -- 2015 TPR -- 2015 CP -- 2017 FL
Trip Reports: 2017 CP -- 2017 TPR -- 2018 FC -- 2018 CA -- 2019 CP -- 2019 Euro -- 2019 GC

Previous

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!