Photo TR: Andy's 2019 European Adventure with TPR

Day 12: Energylandia
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Re: Photo TR: Andy's 2019 European Adventure with TPR

Postby grsupercity » Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:06 am

Great report. Thanking for the taking the time and photos
After riding Lightning Run I can not understand why parks are not lining up to buy some Hyper GTX models. That little ride rocks

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby Blue Turbo » Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:36 am

SharkTums wrote:^And Nathan, I watched part of the viking show and you and I are WAY more advanced than any of the aerialists they had!

I did recognize every trick in the photos as stuff I can do :lmao:! Also speaking of aerial I do get to go back into the air tomorrow for the first time in months!

What's with the donkeys anyway?

Postby GreatAdventurer » Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:16 pm

The ticket booths look like a crappy themed motor court out of pigeon forge or something
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/74488e7fab820f9ee7ba271d6b37eba6.jpg[/img][/url]

I will provide you with maximum pleasure.

Postby DBru » Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:51 pm

Pre-Zadra, Energylandia had one solid reason to return... The Viking show.

I laughed for 5 solid minutes recounting those half-naked, almost-talented non-vikings dancing to music that wasn’t rock. The most bizarre and unintentionally entertaining “performance” I’ve seen in my life.

In all seriousness, Hyperion is currently in my #5 spot. That second hill has to be the best sustained-ejector airtime moment currently in existence, and the dive-drop-loop-thing right after it is totally insane. Hopefully an upcoming train refurb can help with the rattle (which I personally found much less distracting than whatever the heck was going on with Helix at Liseberg).

Also, the drop tower sucks.

Besides that, Zadra looks exactly like what I’d want from an RMC and I have no doubt the new Vekoma launched coaster will be amazing. I’m glad we ended up staying as long as we did and I would totally go back with this awesome group!

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby The Great Zo » Mon Jul 20, 2020 3:13 pm

cfc wrote:Thanks for the quote and shout out, Andy--I love the detail in your report.

Thanks Chuck. I agree, the Napoleon cake ranks pretty high on the best things about Energylandia (the pierogies, too!)

Blue Turbo wrote:I did recognize every trick in the photos as stuff I can do :lmao:

But can you do it while not being a viking? :lmao:

DBru wrote:I laughed for 5 solid minutes recounting those half-naked, almost-talented non-vikings dancing to music that wasn’t rock. The most bizarre and unintentionally entertaining “performance” I’ve seen in my life.

It was such a perfect cap on the day. Like, we'd seen so much "WTF" already, and then the Viking Show is cherry on top. It's kind of emblematic of the park as a whole, because it's such an incredible mishmash of theme and a failure to deliver on expectations.

And yet, not a single one of us could deny ... there was plenty to look at.

DBru wrote:In all seriousness, Hyperion is currently in my #5 spot. That second hill has to be the best sustained-ejector airtime moment currently in existence, and the dive-drop-loop-thing right after it is totally insane. Hopefully an upcoming train refurb can help with the rattle (which I personally found much less distracting than whatever the heck was going on with Helix at Liseberg).

(ugh, Helix)

But yeah, on Hyperion ... you've got it ranked slightly higher than I do, but I agree with the assessment. Those first few elements are just that good.
-- Andy
Trip Reports: 2013 BG/KD -- 2013 TPR -- 2014 KI -- 2014 TPR -- 2015 TPR -- 2015 CP -- 2017 FL
Trip Reports: 2017 CP -- 2017 TPR -- 2018 FC -- 2018 CA -- 2019 CP -- 2019 Euro -- 2019 GC

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby rubysparkles » Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:29 am

Love your writing style in this report, really enjoyable to read and it’s fun to remember the trip. Hyperion was a really good coaster probably my third favourite after Lech and Untamed, but that queue when we did the final ride... I think that might be my own version of hell doing that pointless walk was fine (if not annoying) but coming to that room with no-one directing traffic and looking like a huge blob of people with no discernible direction... yes hell. I do vaguely remember watching the flow of traffic and trying to get us in the quickest arm of the queue, lots of strategising.

I forgot about that dark ride, I really couldn’t believe it. No operator around, just get on a real wtf moment at a park with a few of them. The Viking show was another, erm, confusing experience. And thanks for the photo evidence of me on a kiddie coaster, I tried to be cool and not go on all of them but you got evidence of me on that one. I classed up the experience with the philosophy though, to my credit.

Can’t wait for the next section! You really captured this part well, I’d forgotten so many of the details.
Twisted Colossus, I305, Skyrush, Iron Rattler, Phoenix, Maverick.

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:42 am

Just looking at Hyperion's queue makes me feel like I'm having an aneurysm. Looking up the ticket cost, it's $35. I would gladly pay that just to ride the new Vekomas, Hyperion, and Zadra as much as I could.
{1991} Chicago based. Creative ad world guy with @adultswim @cartoonnetwork World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd
IG: photoboothez

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:18 am

It is very rare that I will walk away from a park thinking "I hate this park" but I hate this park!

:lmao: :lol:

Outside of our filming session I think I only rode one, MAYBE two other coasters. At this point in my theme park traveling life, my patience is very thin for parks that have horrible operations and I just couldn't be bothered with some of their ridiculous policies to get on such mediocre rides. And these were even rides we were allowed to film on!

I even tried to give Hyperion another chance. I went back and rode it two more times which took me over an hour even though there was only a handful of riders in front of me on both times. Got stuck in one of those horrible shaky outside seats both rides and was given an instant headache that only worsened with each ride. I really wanted to like this coaster, but it goes on my list of as one of the worst "new" coasters I've ever been on.

I'm willing to give this park another chance at some point. Perhaps it's one of those places you can have a good time when it's not that crowded, however it actually wasn't even that crowded when we were there, but their horrible operations made it feel that way.

So I'm not even sure...
Last edited by robbalvey on Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:09 pm.

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:18 pm

As soon as they told us to put the goody bags that they had just given us ten minutes before into the paid fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo at Hyperion, I knew how the day was going to go.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Follow me on Instagram for perfectly adequate theme park photos!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:13 pm

A.J. wrote:As soon as they told us to put the goody bags that they had just given us ten minutes before into the paid fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo at Hyperion, I knew how the day was going to go.

Yeah, I'm always appreciative of the free stuff parks give us, but if you're going to give us a bag, and you know you have a fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo policy on each one of your rides that you know we are going to have to PAY to put the stuff in when we have a limited amount of time to film before the park opens, why not give us the bags AFTER we having done our filming sessions?

Not to mention that each one of the rides we filmed on had an area to place bags on the ride platform! And I get having to use the fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo during the normal operating day, but when we're a small group and we are there with a purpose, how about just letting us use those bins to store our crap for 15 minutes? But I got the feeling they wanted that extra 20 Euros per ride from our group!

:roll:

And it's not even the extra cost I'm worried about, it was the TIME it took for everyone to have to go to the kiosk, get the fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo, put the stuff away, come back to the fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo, get the stuff, go to the next ride, etc, etc...

This EXACTLY was an example of how the rest of the day would go. The same kind of nonsensical pointless policies followed us throughout the entire day.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!