Photo TR: Andy's 2019 European Adventure with TPR

Day 10: Walibi Holland
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 10 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I will provide you with maximum pleasure.

Re: Photo TR: Andy's 2019 European Adventure with TPR

Postby DBru » Mon May 18, 2020 1:01 am

While I’m not as big of a fan of Walibi Holland as others, they sure did show us some amazing hospitality and this group made the visit SO much fun. I’d love to return with TPR sometime after another addition.

Untamed is a great coaster, made even better by using “the method!” ;-)

I got a good laugh out of that Speed of Sound pic. Crazy how far Vekoma has come in 20 years...

Another fun memory: one-by-one, everyone in our group was peer pressured into Tomahawk. It would be the last flat of the trip for some. :lol:

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Mon May 18, 2020 8:27 am

A.J. wrote:I thought really hard about it but I'm pretty sure I made the correct decision to skip Condor.

Based on my one ride on Condor back in 2008, you made a wise choice.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Mon May 18, 2020 3:29 pm

^ Ditto. :)
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby ObeyTheShihTzu! » Mon May 18, 2020 3:49 pm

GREAT trip report, Andy. Thanks!!

But let's talk about:

NeuroGen !!

The PERFECT antidote to weeks of quarantine! (Thanks Larrygator for ur personal tour of NeuroGen. I wanna be there SO BAD right now! I can't believe that you couldn't get fellow trippers --- er I mean travelers -- to check it out! I'd be thru those doors in a 'New York Minute.') :lmao:

Alice
"Turn on, tune in, drop out." :cool:

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Mon May 18, 2020 3:56 pm

DBru wrote:Another fun memory: one-by-one, everyone in our group was peer pressured into Tomahawk. It would be the last flat of the trip for some. :lol:

Did you ride Mad Mill? That looked about ten times worse.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Follow me on Instagram for perfectly adequate theme park photos!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Re: Day 10: Walibi Holland

Postby larrygator » Mon May 18, 2020 10:43 pm

The Great Zo wrote:
A.J. wrote:Honestly, the best part of the whole day was Larry's completely serious recounting of the [NeuroGen] experience to all of us while we were waiting for the park to close. I'm still not sure if anyone actually believed what he was saying at the time.

If you don't know what NeuroGen is, well ... ask Larry, because I still don't know either.

Preach brother! Absolute perfection in a VR attraction. I was drugged, molested, hallucinated, died and was resuscitated. Whatmore could happen?
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby The Great Zo » Mon May 18, 2020 10:53 pm

Blue Turbo wrote:Great report Andy! (I really enjoyed the log flume commentary) It's interesting to see a park embrace such weird/quirky theming that you don't normally see in a theme park. That and the coaster lineup puts this park pretty high on my must get to at some point list.

Flumes are always great for a laugh, especially with how everyone over-acts from a few splashes of water!

cfc wrote:Untamed was my favorite coaster of the whole trip--beautifully paced and very re-rideable (and the quirky theming was a plus, too).

It was my favorite also, but I have Wildfire right below it. No question that Untamed is better paced -- perfectly paced, even. I just think those first few elements on Wildfire, with the view over the forest and the water, are just about unbeatable. Tough call between those two.

SharkTums wrote:Oh, and that Pofertjes stand was amazing and the workers were so friendly.

Ugh, that's not helping! I'm already upset I missed it!

CenturyFlyer wrote:Your pictures are amazing! They are way better at capturing the feeling of the ride experience than any distant picture of a support structure, no matter how nice those may be. I even recognize one group of riders on Untamed from the April ACE coaster calendar picture (not the place, I know...). :)

Two thumbs up on the report!

Thanks! I may have taken a few pictures of the support structure, but those aren't as fun. ;)

DBru wrote:I got a good laugh out of that Speed of Sound pic. Crazy how far Vekoma has come in 20 years...

Last-few-years Vekoma is such a world of difference from everything that came before. Can you imagine if they replaced El Condor with a bigger version of what they just put in a Tripsdrill? They could even call it Son of El Condor. (Hijo Del Cóndor?)

A.J. wrote:
DBru wrote:Another fun memory: one-by-one, everyone in our group was peer pressured into Tomahawk. It would be the last flat of the trip for some. :lol:

Did anybody ride more than like, 3 things at Duinrell? That place was mobbed.

Laughing about Tomahawk, though. Not sure anyone really wanted to ride it, and we may have passed the time queuing by referencing some ... recent incidents ... with other similar rides ... :lmao:

larrygator wrote:Preach brother! Absolute perfection in a VR attraction. I was drugged, molested, hallucinated, died and was resuscitated. Whatmore could happen?

Put this on a billboard. The marketing writes itself. #HARDGAAN
Last edited by The Great Zo on Mon May 18, 2020 10:55 pm.
-- Andy
Trip Reports: 2013 BG/KD -- 2013 TPR -- 2014 KI -- 2014 TPR -- 2015 TPR -- 2015 CP -- 2017 FL
Trip Reports: 2017 CP -- 2017 TPR -- 2018 FC -- 2018 CA -- 2019 CP -- 2019 Euro -- 2019 GC

Postby The Great Zo » Mon May 18, 2020 10:54 pm

Posted some extra photos from Walibi Holland in the park thread!
-- Andy
Trip Reports: 2013 BG/KD -- 2013 TPR -- 2014 KI -- 2014 TPR -- 2015 TPR -- 2015 CP -- 2017 FL
Trip Reports: 2017 CP -- 2017 TPR -- 2018 FC -- 2018 CA -- 2019 CP -- 2019 Euro -- 2019 GC

I will provide you with maximum pleasure.

Postby DBru » Tue May 19, 2020 2:27 am

The Great Zo wrote:
A.J. wrote:

Did anybody ride more than like, 3 things at Duinrell? That place was mobbed.

LOL! I was thinking the same thing. "Wait, AJ, you actually got to ride things at Duinrell?" :lol:

I had also forgotten about the 3rd raft experience until this moment. Oh my...

Postby The Great Zo » Tue May 19, 2020 9:54 am

DBru wrote:LOL! I was thinking the same thing. "Wait, AJ, you actually got to ride things at Duinrell?" :lol:

I had also forgotten about the 3rd raft experience until this moment. Oh my...

I'm realizing I don't actually have any pictures of us riding the raft at Duinrell, which probably means I was too worried about the thing sinking to be taking pictures. :lmao:
-- Andy

Previous

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!