Photo TR: Andy's 2019 European Adventure with TPR

Day 10: Walibi Holland
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 10 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I own the website www.donkey.com

Re: Photo TR: Andy's 2019 European Adventure with TPR

Postby cparkes92 » Sat May 02, 2020 9:31 pm

Amsterdam is on my bucket list!
Top 10 steel: Steel Vengeance, Millennium Force, Maverick, Mako, Incredible Hulk, Banshee, Diamondback, Raptor, SheiKra, Montu
Top 10 wood: Mystic Timbers, Shivering Timbers, Beast, Racer (KI), Viper, American Eagle, Woodstock Express, Blue Streak (CP), Mean Streak (RIP), Wolverine Wildcat

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby Blue Turbo » Sun May 03, 2020 5:18 am

That was an amazing look at Amsterdam, Andy. I really want to check out that science museum now!

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Sun May 03, 2020 7:12 am

That's great that you got to see so much, I was completely enthralled by the Vondelpark and didn't really see anything else. :lmao:
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Follow me on Instagram for perfectly adequate theme park photos!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Sun May 03, 2020 9:53 am

I never really liked Amsterdam when doing the more 'touristy' stuff. But like you, once we kind of strayed off the beaten track it grew on me more.

I will provide you with maximum pleasure.

Postby DBru » Sun May 03, 2020 5:19 pm

When is the full photo TR of the red light district coming?

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby The Great Zo » Sun May 03, 2020 5:24 pm

Blue Turbo wrote:That was an amazing look at Amsterdam, Andy. I really want to check out that science museum now!

Honestly I do too now! I looked at it a bit online and it looks really cool inside.

A.J. wrote:That's great that you got to see so much, I was completely enthralled by the Vondelpark and didn't really see anything else. :lmao:

Well, next time I'm gonna have to check out the Vondelpark. We can trade itineraries!

SharkTums wrote:I never really liked Amsterdam when doing the more 'touristy' stuff. But like you, once we kind of strayed off the beaten track it grew on me more.

Yep -- and it's not like I even went that far off the beaten path, perhaps aside from that "art" installation under the bridge. But honestly I could just walk around random neighborhoods and parks in these old European cities for hours and never get bored.

DBru wrote:When is the full photo TR of the red light district coming?

About the same time you publish yours from Krakow.
-- Andy
Trip Reports: 2013 BG/KD -- 2013 TPR -- 2014 KI -- 2014 TPR -- 2015 TPR -- 2015 CP -- 2017 FL
Trip Reports: 2017 CP -- 2017 TPR -- 2018 FC -- 2018 CA -- 2019 CP -- 2019 Euro -- 2019 GC

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Sun May 03, 2020 5:34 pm

There is honestly lots and lots of things to see and do in Amsterdam, all within walking distance.
We stay mainly in a small hotel opposite Oude Kerk church...and The District edge. It's makes for
interesting evenings and weekend afternoons. We once heard, from our room opposite, the bells
player (?) of the church do a Saturday afternoon "West Side Story" medley! It was awesome.

So many things you saw! A good thorough tour, I felt. Thanks for sharing it all.

But did you eat anything else besides those....stroopwafels? :?r
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Mon May 04, 2020 6:12 am

Amsterdam is a unique, beautiful city. I hit the Amsterdam Dungeon, and it was fun, but pretty cheesy.

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby The Great Zo » Tue May 05, 2020 7:27 am

Nrthwnd wrote:But did you eat anything else besides those....stroopwafels?

Yes -- more stroopwafels!!!

cfc wrote:Amsterdam is a unique, beautiful city. I hit the Amsterdam Dungeon, and it was fun, but pretty cheesy.

Yep, that all sounds about right to me. The coaster had already been closed for two years when I went there in 2016, so I didn't even get a credit out of the deal.
-- Andy
Trip Reports: 2013 BG/KD -- 2013 TPR -- 2014 KI -- 2014 TPR -- 2015 TPR -- 2015 CP -- 2017 FL
Trip Reports: 2017 CP -- 2017 TPR -- 2018 FC -- 2018 CA -- 2019 CP -- 2019 Euro -- 2019 GC

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Tue May 05, 2020 7:43 am

The Great Zo wrote:
cfc wrote:Amsterdam is a unique, beautiful city. I hit the Amsterdam Dungeon, and it was fun, but pretty cheesy.

Yep, that all sounds about right to me. The coaster had already been closed for two years when I went there in 2016, so I didn't even get a credit out of the deal.

TPR spent one night in Amsterdam in 2008, and the plan was to visit the Dungeon for that credit; unfortunately, there was a power failure, so that was that.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!