Photo TR: Navigator of the Seas & Perfect Day at Coco Cay

Royal Caribbean enhances their ship and private island!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I know more about donkeys than women!

Re: Photo TR: Navigator of the Seas & Perfect Day at Coco Ca

Postby Sluggo77 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:36 pm

Thank you for sharing. I hope I get to check it out for myself soon.

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:18 pm

We just got off Mariner today (which basically does and is the same as Navigator) and had an amazing time!

What they've done to CocoCay is amazing! They were making fresh tortillas on the island!!!! I was worried with two large ships in port but they did a great job and if you're a smart park savvy person you'll have no problem at all avoiding lines for the slides.

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby coneyislandchris » Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:39 am

Looks like an amazing time! Great photos and writeup! And yes, Senor Coconut is the bomb.
That coaster dad [340] and that coaster kiddo [222]. Road trip buddies for life.
Dad's faves: Fury 325. Phantom's Revenge. Twisted Timbers. Intimidator 305. El Toro.

Kiddo's faves: Talon. Alpengeist. Raptor. TMNT Shellraiser. Fury 325.

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:44 am

Regarding the island and the lines for the Thrill Waterpark, as Elissa mentioned, it never felt overpacked, and if you have any basic knowledge of how to plan around theme park/water park crowds, you'll be fine. If you've ever been to a water park with body slides, you know how quickly the lines may move, and in this case, it was just a much taller line.

Thrill Waterpark's Daredevil Tower does have a "virtual queue" option available for when the lines longer than the tower stairs will hold (we used this once for Daredevil's Peak) without any kind of tech. You're handed a laminated card with a return time to enter the line and when your time is called, you head up the tower. We did this when we first got to the park and our return time was approximately an hour after our arrival, so we did some of the other slides which had no lines and then went up the tower when it was our time. From there we might have waited 15-20 minutes at most to go down Daredevil's Peak. We didn't have to get a return time for any of the other slides that day. By the end of the day Daredevil's Peak had about a 20 minute wait so everyone in the group went back once more.

Hilltopper39 wrote:I'm also interested to hear how the lines were since I'm sailing there in June and I expect there to be two ships in port on our day at Coco Cay. Also just curious but did you buy your water park ticket in advance or on the ship, and did you notice if they sold half day tickets? I've read some conflicting reports online about the availability of half day tickets as well as price differences purchasing in advance or on the ship.

Being totally honest, we didn't pay for Thrill Waterpark during our visit due to a company connection with someone in our group, but when I priced it out initially, they were selling half day and whole day tickets for our day at Coco Cay.

And for the record, Daredevil's Peak was the most intense body slide that didn't have a steep, angled drop I've ever been on. The forces you pull especially in the final few helices are absolutely insane for a body slide.
Last edited by jedimaster1227 on Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:45 am.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

I had sex with N-Tag before you did.

Postby Jakizle » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:41 pm

Great report Adam! After Mariner I really want to try Navigator - love the upgrades these two ships both got but they still have those little differences to make it interesting :)

Agreed that two ships wasn't an issue for the waterpark. I don't think we ever waited for anything more than like 10 mins and maybe some of the group 20 mins for Daredevil's Peak. At lunch the line for the raft slides seemed to get lower so we did a few spins. Around 2pm they stopped doing reservations for Daredevil's Peak and we got on the slide right away!

Previous

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!