Photo TR: Adam's Return to Japan & 1st visit to Hong Kong

P. 7: HKDL Day 2 Part 1: Marvel, Disney Dim Sum & more!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Photo TR: Adam's Return to Japan & 1st visit to Hong Kon

Postby bert425 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:15 pm

I don't know that I'll ever make it to HKDL, so thanks so much for sharing the experience with us.

really have enjoyed following along,and the Marvel stuff looks like a great fit there at the park.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Delicious & Refreshing

Re: Photo TR: Adam's Return to Japan & 1st visit to HKFD1

Postby jedimaster1227 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:33 am

In putting this final day's report together I came to realize that I took a lot more photos on my last day than I originally imagined, so the final day will be split in two so as to not overwhelm the report... As it turns out, Hong Kong Disneyland simply is worth the extra photos!

With a full day ahead of us, we had a good deal more time to experience a lot of the smaller attractions, while revisiting our two favorites from the day before. Hong Kong Disneyland is more full of things to do than I imagined. By the end of the day, we still missed a few experiences that we had to choose to skip in favor of revisiting Mystic Manor and Big Grizzly Mountain.
1.JPG
We started our morning at Dragon Wind for breakfast... The beauty of the park not opening until 10:00 AM is that you can still sleep a decent amount, get a quality breakfast and make your way to the park for rope drop at a leisurely pace.
2.JPG
Breakfast at Dragon Wind includes a photo op with Mickey and Minnie!
3.JPG
Breakfast in Hong Kong is a little different than at home, but I don't mind!
4.JPG
Soup and dumplings for breakfast!
5.JPG
There were a few options for more Western palates, but I didn't mind enjoying steam buns and egg rolls for breakfast.
6.JPG
The interior of Dragon Wind reminded me a lot of the interior of the Sunnyside Cafe at the Toy Story Hotel at Shanghai Disneyland.
7.JPG
I appreciate that the Explorers Lodge has so many gardens to enjoy around the resort.
8.JPG
Such a unique resort!
9.JPG
Best resort gift shop is best!
10.JPG
Ant-Man and The Wasp: Nano Battle was the newest attraction during our visit, having just opened a week earlier.
11.JPG
Similar but different.
12.JPG
It was a bit of a foggy morning...
13.JPG
Little castle in the process of growing up.
14.JPG
As part of the Carnivale of Stars event at the park, a family would be selected each morning for rope drop to help open the park. What the family didn't know was that Chip & Dale would join them for the opening moment!
15.JPG
It was such a cute experience!
16.JPG
Time for some Marvel-in-Disney appreciation.
17.JPG
I was really eager to see a modern Star Tours attraction designed to not be Star Wars in operation.
18.JPG
The queue for Iron Man Experience is filled with Marvel Cinematic Universe connections.
19.JPG
While the events of the Marvel Cinematic Universe are not beholden to what happens in the Marvel theme park universe, it does leverage the Marvel Cinematic Universe to do a lot of the setup with familiar characters (and actors) in this side-set canon.
20.JPG
These will be important for later...
21.JPG
A look at the Iron Wing, the Marvel equivalent to the Starspeeder 1000/3000.
22.JPG
The station features a similar layout to that of Disneyland's Star Tours.
23.JPG
The pre-show video helps to set up that you'll be boarding the Iron Wing.
24.JPG
Each Iron Wing is equipped with its own Arc Reactor power source.
25.JPG
With all Marvel experiences in the park tied into the same Stark Expo story, Iron Man Experience actually references the Iron Man meet & greet experience next door in the middle of the ride.
26.JPG
Probably the best 3D moment I've experienced on a simulator attraction.
27.JPG
I love these posters!
28.JPG
These too!
29.JPG
The integration of the meet & greet experience with the ride is really clever!
30.JPG
Iron Man's entrance is a fantastic effect!
31.JPG
I gasped.
32.JPG
Iron Man speaks in English while the host speaks in Mandarin. The experience was fantastic!
33.JPG
I've now met Spider-Man, Captain America and Iron Man at the parks overseas. This was easily my favorite experience of the three.
34.JPG
Space Mountain is operating as Hyperspace Mountain in Tomorrowland.
35.JPG
For Larry.
36.JPG
There's a full size X-Wing fighter parked near the entrance of the attraction.
37.JPG
RIP Admiral Ackbar.
38.JPG
I had to do a double-take when looking at this structure above the loading station for Space Mountain. As it turns out, this hung in the atrium of the Ventureport at DisneyQuest in Chicago. When this location closed in September 2001, salvageable elements were sent to other parks around the world. The former Cyberspace Mountain pods briefly operated at Walt Disney Studios Park Paris.
39.JPG
Command Post is a meet & greet location for Star Wars characters on the side of Hyperspace Mountain.
40.JPG
Easter fun in Tomorrowland.
41.JPG
it's a small world at Hong Kong Disneyland definitely has the best backdrop of them all.
42.JPG
Quite possibly one of the best themes possible for a quick service venue.
43.JPG
If you've been on the one in Shanghai or Florida, you've been on this one.
44.JPG
Still a fun ride.
45.JPG
When you're here, you're here.
46.JPG
I was pleased to find the equivalent of the Epcot Jammitors performing in Fantasyland during our visit.
47.JPG
No great moments with Mr. Lincoln here.
48.JPG
Time for some lunch!
49.JPG
Any guess where we could be?
50.JPG
Crystal Lotus is the name, and Disney Dim Sum is the game!
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Delicious & Refreshing

Re: Photo TR: Adam's Return to Japan & 1st visit to HKFD2

Postby jedimaster1227 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:33 am

(Continued)
53.JPG
Stages of Adam consuming a dim sum guppy...
54.JPG
I don't flatter myself.

This was the Twin Fish Dumplings in Lotus Pond, by the way.
51.JPG
These Star Wars Baked Egg Custard Puff were among our favorite bites of the meal.
52.JPG
We might've ordered a lot of food... We might've.
55.JPG
The Baymax Bun was filled with some form of shellfish and it was a delicious as it was cute.
56.JPG
Little Green Men Pork and Vegetable Bun were spinach and mushroom heavy, so it was right up my alley.
57.JPG
A closer look at the Baymax Buns.
58.JPG
The Three Little Pigs Barbecue Pork Bun were filled with exactly what you'd expect, and they were our favorites of the meal.
59.JPG
The Mickey’s Seafood Glutinous Pancake (With Hot Sauce) option was pretty awesome too, though it wasn't at all what I expected.
60.JPG
It was time to head back to the park after a delicious lunch... And with Soundsational being one of my favorite parades of all time, I was thrilled to get a chance to see Flights of Fantasy, the parade whose underliner inspired the soundtrack for Soundsational.
61.JPG
The Disneyland Band follows the lead float of the parade which adds a fun energy to the experience.
62.JPG
The floats feature some really great designs!
63.JPG
Hi Elissa!
64.JPG
The Winnie the Pooh segment of the parade is really awesome!
65.JPG
Look at this float!
66.JPG
I love when floats feature bungee acrobats.
67.JPG
Pretty.
68.JPG
The Jungle Book/Lion King float was really neat too.
69.JPG
I love how popular Stitch is in Asia.
70.JPG
Toy Story is beloved everywhere.
71.JPG
Tarzan's Treehouse is a major focal point of Adventureland at Hong Kong Disneyland.
72.JPG
It essentially serves as the Tom Sawyer Island-style experience for this park.
73.JPG
Time for something familiar but different...
74.JPG
This Jungle Cruise (known as Jungle River Cruise at Hong Kong Disneyland) features some unique elements and architecture throughout the voyage.
75.JPG
Some gags are universal.
76.JPG
Now for a different experience onboard...
77.JPG
The fiery/foggy/smokey finale is definitely unique.
78.JPG
It is a good sauna-style engulfing of steam that certainly takes you by surprise.
79.JPG
Fun and different.
80.JPG
For Larry.
81.JPG
Is that a Tiki Room I spy?
82.JPG
Well no... But the Tahitian Terrace is a Tiki Room-inspired quick service eatery in Adventureland, complete with Rolly Crump's signature Tiki Garden designs featured throughout the grounds.
83.JPG
Mickey and the Wondrous Book had been highly recommended everywhere I researched, so I was eager to see this one in person.
84.JPG
Especially nice for English speaking travelers, the show features a live translation of any Mandarin-spoken dialogue in the show.
85.JPG
This is one colorful show!
86.JPG
It was neat to see Merida featured in the show, and even more cool to hear her sing Touch the Sky live.
87.JPG
I absolutely love when The Princess and the Frog is featured in shows. It is my favorite animated Disney film, and it is rich with vibrant imagery and music perfect for the stage.
88.JPG
Frozen is featured as well.
89.JPG
Especially cool is the use of the Happily Ever After theme song from the titular fireworks spectacular at the Magic Kingdom in Florida.
90.JPG
Our last new it's a small world...
91.JPG
Some fun and unique scenes inside...
92.JPG
Like the others recently added, this version features Disney characters embedded in their appropriate region.
93.JPG
Cinderella and Prince Charming.
94.JPG
Wendy and Peter Pan.
95.JPG
Proper representation found!
96.JPG
Aladdin, Jasmine and Abu!
97.JPG
Mary Blair's gorgeous styles shine through after all these years.
98.JPG
Friends from The Lion King.
99.JPG
It amazes me that this gag still exists.
100.JPG
Pocahontas!
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Previous

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!