The Graf family around the world - Trip Reports

Sarah & Peter introducing the kids into the theme park world
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Yummy! I just ate donkey!

The Graf family around the world - Trip Reports

Postby Pedrinho » Sun Nov 03, 2019 6:32 am

Hey TPR,

as our theme park trips are getting more and more, we wanted to have a central thread to summarize our trip reports!

Comments, thoughts and tips are always welcome! :)

As our family went from two to three in May 2018, we decided to bring Paul to theme parks from the very beginning - and try to socialize him in a manner that he won't be one of these folks we all don't want to see and be around with in parks.
We hope to educate him to behave well, to acknowledge how unusual it is to have parents who will take him anywhere in the world and how to treat the theme park employees right.
Besides that, we want to have the best days possible as a family, far off our daily routine.
If everything works fine, there will be four of us up from May 2020, so our journey will get some new aspects! :b

Our first trip reports were written in the particular threads, but up from now, we'll post them only here!
IMG_20191031_163340.jpg
The Graf family in October 2019!
Top: Wood: Beast|Mystic Timbers|Wodan|Twister|Phoenix; Dive: Valravn; Wing: Flug der Dämonen|GateKeeper; Launch: Top Thrill Dragster|Karacho; Floorless: Rougarou; Invert: Banshee|Raptor|Monster; Bob: Flying Turns; <200ft: Expedition GeForce|Maverick; >200ft: Magnum XL-200; >300ft: Millennium Force; Mine: Colorado Adventure; Boomerang: Raik; Hybrid: Cyclone
Bucket List: Steel Vengeance|FLY|Formula Rossa|Blue Gemini|Colossos|Kennywood|Hersheypark

Re: The Graf family around the world - Trip Reports

Postby Pedrinho » Sun Nov 03, 2019 6:33 am

Trip report from Tripsdrill closing day, November 2nd 2018: https://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=39288&p=1890649#p1890649
Top: Wood: Beast|Mystic Timbers|Wodan|Twister|Phoenix; Dive: Valravn; Wing: Flug der Dämonen|GateKeeper; Launch: Top Thrill Dragster|Karacho; Floorless: Rougarou; Invert: Banshee|Raptor|Monster; Bob: Flying Turns; <200ft: Expedition GeForce|Maverick; >200ft: Magnum XL-200; >300ft: Millennium Force; Mine: Colorado Adventure; Boomerang: Raik; Hybrid: Cyclone
Bucket List: Steel Vengeance|FLY|Formula Rossa|Blue Gemini|Colossos|Kennywood|Hersheypark

Postby Pedrinho » Sun Nov 03, 2019 6:33 am

Trip report from Holiday-Park kick off day April 7th 2019: https://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=34518&p=1901925#p1901925

Postby Pedrinho » Sun Nov 03, 2019 6:35 am

Trip report from Europa-Park two day trip April 24th/25th 2019: https://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=44765&p=1904820#p1904820

Postby Pedrinho » Sun Nov 03, 2019 6:36 am

Postby Pedrinho » Sun Nov 03, 2019 6:36 am

Postby Pedrinho » Sun Nov 03, 2019 7:04 am

Photo Trip report from Holiday-Park, October 30th 2019

As I was able to have a half day off and the weather was beautiful, we decided to make a fast last trip of the season to holiday park. Sarah took some last rides with Paul on the Flip ride and the carousel (the only things she could do due to her pregnancy), I took him onto the frogs (his favorite ride) before we got us some food and I hit the two coasters, while Sarah and Paul went to Holiday Indoor to go to the playground and the wooden carousel, where he took a lot of rides. He also loves this Indoor playground - maybe we'll hit that again during the off season.

The coasters:
Expedition GeForce: The line was about 30 minutes due to one train operations. I don't get that. It was their halloween event and the park was packed. And the loading procedures in Holiday-Park are so awful - when I was next in line, my seat was 1:40 minutes empty before they opened the air gates. I looked at the clock, because it took so long for every time. It's a shame because I really think I would have had two or three rides in the same time I had one if this coaster would be in Cedar Point.
The positive side is, that it went dark while I waited in line, so my ride was a night ride in my favorite seat (back left). As soon as the front of the train went downhill, all my anger went away and I had an awesome last ride of the season. This coaster is so good, and has been all the year! The only thing it might need would be some paint.
Sky Scream: Nothing good or bad to say. I really like it, it was glass smooth as always. If the line is under five minutes, I'll always be riding it on and on!

Thanks for reading! I hope you enjoyed our trip report. Here are some photos of our tour:
IMG_20191031_144952.jpg
Beautiful weather - blue sky!
IMG_20191031_145654.jpg
Nicely themed flip ride...
IMG_20191031_145727.jpg
...well enjoyed by Sarah and Paul!
IMG_20191031_152754.jpg
Ye olde carousel
IMG_20191031_154055.jpg
Themeing for the fright nights starting at 6pm
IMG_20191031_154322.jpg
Just a beautiful looking and well themed coaster
IMG_20191031_163319.jpg
Where's the train?
IMG_20191031_163359.jpg
Here it is!
IMG_20191031_164909.jpg
As I waited, the sun set
IMG_20191031_180048.jpg
The wooden carousel
IMG_20191031_180925.jpg
Night shot 1
IMG_20191031_180933.jpg
Night shot 2
Last edited by Pedrinho on Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:47 pm.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby bert425 » Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:00 am

how great to have them all in 1 thread.

can't wait to go back thru your trips to enjoy the pics!
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Postby gardyloo! » Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:18 am

Geforce's operations have always been an issue if i'm not mistaken. They are so un-german; incredible inefficient! I think a train left the station every 6 minutes or so when I was there in 2015.

Postby Pedrinho » Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:16 am

bert425 wrote:how great to have them all in 1 thread.

can't wait to go back thru your trips to enjoy the pics!

Thanks! :)

gardyloo! wrote:Geforce's operations have always been an issue if i'm not mistaken. They are so un-german; incredible inefficient! I think a train left the station every 6 minutes or so when I was there in 2015.

Yeah, sounds about possible. I waited one and a half minute before the gate opened, plus seating, checking seat belts, checking restraints, cycling the train and unboarding it seems to can easily be more than four or five minutes.

Next

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!