TR- bert has a Spooktacular time with TPR in Japan!

day 3 TDS/TDL -now posted (Festival of Mystique & much more)
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: TR- bert has a Spooktacular time with TPR in Japan!

Postby bert425 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:53 pm

TDL Day 1 pt II
IMG_1579.JPG
After our ride, we exited out. . right into the 1st parade of the day, which was passing by right in front: The Halloween themed:

Spooky "Boo" Parade

featuring some wonderful costumes, an addictive soundtrack, and some really cool floats.
IMG_1580.JPG
IMG_1581.JPG
IMG_1582.JPG
IMG_1583.JPG
IMG_1585.JPG
note these guys on this float. . all of the heads rotate to different "scary" sides.
IMG_1584.JPG
see?

LOVED IT
IMG_1586.JPG
IMG_1587.JPG
IMG_1589.JPG
Chip and Dale are super popular in Japan, I'd say. .they were in every parade, in both parks. . I don't recall seeing Pluto at all tho. . . maybe he's not in Japan?

we only caught a few floats, as we had missed part of the parade, but I knew I'd have other chances to see it.
IMG_1592.JPG
so we went into It's a Small World.

SO CUTE!!
IMG_1595.JPG
and the moving train inside was adorable.
IMG_1596.JPG
noted! no dancing in the boat.
IMG_1597.JPG
IMG_1598.JPG
hm. . .may have gotten my fast passes mixed up, because it looks like we headed back to Tomorrowland for Monster's Inc. (so maybe the one we got was really late in the day, and that's why we were able to grab a Pooh one as we walked by , but did standby for Space Mountain & Haunted Mansion).
IMG_1599.JPG
IMG_1600.JPG
IMG_1601.JPG
IMG_1602.JPG
IMG_1603.JPG
IMG_1604.JPG
the vehicles were really cute (I guess that word would describe a lot of Japan stuff). . but the ride was a little "jerky" in spots, an made for a. . "not super comfortable" ride.

tho it was fun "shooting" things, by using a flashlight instead of a gun.
IMG_1605.JPG
Store displays as we roamed across the park towards Adventureland.
IMG_1606.JPG
some great photo ops & props out and about for the season in the Main Street area.
IMG_1607.JPG
closed off castle, with cranes.

Still, you don't really notice them unless you know they are there.
IMG_1608.JPG
ok..THIS is what I'm talking about.

Finally noticed this on the guidemap, and we did manage to try most all of them during our visit.

think my favorite in Disneyland was the Soy Sauce and Butter, tho the Honey was very good too.

Strawberry and the Chocolate both tasted like popcorn dusted in Nestle Quick. . in other words, a few bites went a long way. . .
IMG_1610.JPG
Pirates of the Caribbean at Tokyo Disneyland!
IMG_1611.JPG
IMG_1612.JPG
my phone doesn't like taking pics while moving even slightly. . so unfortunately, didn't get a lot of GOOD pics on rides (Haunted Mansion or Monsters Inc), or boat rides (Small World, Pirates). . .but Tokyo Disneyland still has the redhead at auction. . so HAD to share my pic of her, even if blurry.
IMG_1616.JPG
IMG_1617.JPG
towards the end of the ride, we got stopped prior to unload right in front of the incredible Jack Sparrow Animatronic. . so got a decent pic of him.

not a fan of him being added thruout the ride, but seriously, this animatronic is impressive as hell
IMG_1619.JPG
This pic is from the wall in Guest Services.

why were we at Guest Services? We'd been sent there by the Cast Members at Blue Bayou Restaurant.

after we got off of Pirates, we peeked in to see if there was a chance to get "standby seating". . but as noted, not a lot of English Spoken. From what we could decipher among me and the Castmembers, is that one had to book thru the app, no standby option is available.

but they told me go up to front Guest Services for English, so Jon and I headed up that way. . . really just to confirm that no standby reservations could be taken.

when we got here, there is one Castmember who deals with any English questions, so after a short wait she called me up and I queried about Blue Bayou.

she explained to me that you have to have a Japanese App to book the restaurants, and she was really sorry. She asked where I was visiting from, and I told her I was visiting from Texas and it was my first time in Japan. .and I was so excited to be here. She then offered to set up the app for me on my phone, using her local information, so we could try to get a table booked - since it turns out that no, there is no way to do "standby"

I can't really load apps on my phone (long story, don't ask. . LOL), but it turned out that Jon has a Disney account already anyways, and she happily loaded the app onto his phone, and showed us how to use it for reservations.

and before we even had left the Guest Services area? we had managed to snag an afternoon lunch reservation at Blue Bayou.

SUCH wonderful guest service - even more incredible that it was from a park that doesn't seem to really cater much to tourists from other Countries. then again, it's Disney, so I shouldn't be surprised.
IMG_1620.JPG
IMG_1622.JPG
oh, she also gave me a sticker when she found out it was my 1st visit :)
IMG_1623.JPG
Enchanted Tiki Room invaded by Stitch?

sounds interesting, and it was a lot of fun. .I did it at least 3 times during our trip.

the first time, when approached to ask if I wanted a "translator box" to follow along (since the show is all in Japanese), I accepted. .but honestly, didn't really need it to follow along, and the show was great even in Japanese.
IMG_1624.JPG
IMG_1625.JPG
continuing out of Adventureland into Frontierland.

More fun decorations up.
IMG_1626.JPG
another angle of the castle. . also with the cranes mainly out of the way
IMG_1628.JPG
IMG_1629.JPG
we rounded the corner and managed to bump right into the start of the other daytime parade:

"Dreaming Up!"

so we stopped and watched most of this one too.
IMG_1632.JPG
IMG_1633.JPG
IMG_1634.JPG
IMG_1635.JPG
the wings moved on this float, and some of the floats were really impressive.
IMG_1637.JPG
there's Pluto!
IMG_1638.JPG
IMG_1639.JPG
IMG_1640.JPG
IMG_1641.JPG
IMG_1642.JPG
IMG_1643.JPG
the "teeter totter" thru the clock went up and down, and Alice (in her cup) slid back and forth along it as it did.
IMG_1644.JPG
see?

Cool.
IMG_1645.JPG
IMG_1646.JPG
IMG_1647.JPG
IMG_1648.JPG
IMG_1649.JPG
IMG_1650.JPG
IMG_1651.JPG
IMG_1652.JPG
IMG_1652a.JPG
pic from across the street from us, by Eric (or maybe Brad)
IMG_1652b.JPG
IMG_1652c.JPG
IMG_1653.JPG
as the parade finished, we still had some time before our late lunch reservation, so Jon and I headed over to Country Bear Jamboree.
IMG_1654.JPG
IMG_1655.JPG
it's been literally decades since I've seen this show, and while the majority of it was in Japanese? many of the songs, or parts of the songs, were in English.

so it was a wonderful experience, and I saw this twice during our visit too.
IMG_1656.JPG
this Witch/Bear was turning the popcorn out in front of the trading post.
IMG_1657.JPG
IMG_1658.JPG
I believe it was the Curry Flavor. . it was .. OK. not bad, but not the best we had.
IMG_1659.JPG
oh look. . here's where we went in the Tiki Room.

I must have just snapped a pic of the facade as we walked by earlier.
IMG_1665.JPG
and here's Stitch-ie !
IMG_1666.JPG
we had met up with William after Country Bears, and we all three went to ride the Disneyland Train - which unlike the USA parks, it doesn't go around the perimeter of the park. . instead sticking to the Critter Country/Frontierland areas.

once again, castmember happy to pose for a pic with me :)
IMG_1667.JPG
whee! Me, William, and Jon riding the Tokyo Disneyland Railway (which interestingly enough, the station is on the 2nd floor over the Jungle Cruise station, and right next door to Tiki Room).
IMG_1668.JPG
so you get a nice view of the Jungle Cruise river, as you pull out of the station.
IMG_1669.JPG
IMG_1670.JPG
IMG_1671.JPG
IMG_1672.JPG
Theming!
IMG_1673.JPG
IMG_1673.JPG
IMG_1674.JPG
some of these were rigged to move .. just slightly (like an ear, or slightly move it's head).. I like how they did that, to make you question if MAYBE it's real?
IMG_1675.JPG
across the Rivers of America, and to Splash Mountain
IMG_1676.JPG
IMG_1677.JPG
IMG_1678.JPG
IMG_1679.JPG
this was the station for the Canoes to get over to Tom Sawyer Island.

I didn't go, and actually never made it back to even look at the station.. . so if/when I get back? on my list to do
IMG_1680.JPG
as the train comes back around, there really are some incredible views.. it's easy to forget your in a theme park.

that's part of the Mark Twain riverboat going around the corner up there.
IMG_1681.JPG
IMG_1682.JPG
and here's the Mark Twain riverboat at it's dock, returning from it's journey around the river.
IMG_1683.JPG
IMG_1685.JPG
the station for loading/unloading of the Riverboat. . .

had never been on it in the USA parks, but spoiler, I did take a ride on it in Japan.. just not on this day.
IMG_1686.JPG
what's this? we're passing right by Big Thunder Mountain.

this train ride is longer than I had been expecting..and really, VERY nice.
IMG_1687.JPG
IMG_1688.JPG
whee!!!
IMG_1689.JPG
IMG_1690.JPG
Dinosaur Bones? what's this?
IMG_1692.JPG
Ha !!! the train has an indoor section, that features Dinosaurs.

awesome!

LOL
IMG_1693.JPG
IMG_1694.JPG
IMG_1696.JPG
even a T-rex vs . . something. . .battle.

so fun.

to be continued in part III
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Postby bert425 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:38 pm

TDL Day 1 part III
IMG_1699.JPG
as noted, the train station is above the Jungle Cruise station, so it's possible to get some lovely views from the train.
IMG_1700.JPG
IMG_1701.JPG
hadn't noticed this crashed Stitch ship on the way in. . . saw it as we were leaving the train tho.
IMG_1702.JPG
oooo.. Swiss Family Robinson treehouse in Japan?

yes please.
IMG_1703.JPG
some nice views from this walkthru.
IMG_1704.JPG
IMG_1705.JPG
after exiting the treehouse, a nice view of the Jungle Cruise (on left)/Train station (on right) combined stations.

it was 3pm (based on the clock there). . so time to head back to Blue Bayou for our lunch reservation. so we split off from William and headed over that way.
IMG_1706.JPG
random ghosts thruout the park.
IMG_1707.JPG
the Special Menu. . (this is what Jon ended up getting)
IMG_1708.JPG
here's the regular menu.

for ~$43 it was very decent food. I was not disappointed in my meal at all.

i ended up having:

Seasonal Soup (which was a tomato / vegetable soup)
Lobster Tail w/ Seafood Gumbo
Pecan Pie w/ Vanilla Ice cream for desert.
IMG_1709.JPG
IMG_1710.JPG
yay.. success at getting into Blue Bayou!
IMG_1714.JPG
and tho we weren't seated right on the water? we were only 1 table away, so we very much were pleased with our seating.
IMG_1715.JPG
see? look how close!
IMG_1716.JPG
IMG_1718.JPG
IMG_1719.JPG
ambiance is very similar to the restaurant at the California park.
IMG_1720.JPG
IMG_1721.JPG
my starter veggie soup
IMG_1723.JPG
rolls! all you care to eat rolls.. and they were so good.

(and stamped with Mickey's head, as was pointed out to us by our Waiter)
IMG_1726.JPG
he was so sweet, and made such a huge effort to converse with us, although he spoke no English. But he was a wonderful waiter.
IMG_1727.JPG
IMG_1729.JPG
Mickey head on a sweet roll.

YUM!
IMG_1730.JPG
here is my lobster tail and gumbo
IMG_1731.JPG
and Jon's main
IMG_1733.JPG
my pecan pie desert looked exactly like the picture in the menu!

that doesn't happen in the United States much. . LOL
IMG_1734.JPG
We took our time eating, and by the time we were done, it was starting to turn to evening (all in all from when we "checked in" at the lobby, Blue Bayou took ~ 1 3/4 hours. but it was really good, and I'm so glad we did it.

When we were done i pinged William and we met back up over by Critter Country, to ride Splash Mountain.
IMG_1735.JPG
it wasn't dark yet, but the lights were starting to come on and the park coming alive.
IMG_1736.JPG
so pretty
IMG_1737.JPG
IMG_1740.JPG
do we look like we're having fun? we were.. really really having fun.
IMG_1741.JPG
IMG_1743.JPG
the Castmember who was directing folks at the entrance was a fun lady who spoke very clear English, and was thrilled to be able to use it. . so she got into a conversation with William about Disneyland in CA. . and she suggested we get single rider passes, and go in that line, since the Splash Mountain line was so long.

so we did.

but not before getting this pic with her.
IMG_1743a.JPG
and this one. . we really did enjoy chatting with her for a few minutes.
IMG_1743b.JPG
and when she found out it was my first time at the park, she said "wait a moment" and ran to the little stand at the entrance, and came back with this sticker.

(which amused Elissa, as apparently it's the sticker they give to kids that are finally tall enough to ride. . LOL. . I kept it as a souvenir). :)
IMG_1745.JPG
since we were in Single Rider, the way it works in Japan, is they don't just put you in the next open log. they ask those riding if they mind you joining them - and some people do say "no"

we didn't have any issues (I guess because we look like cuddly Americans (or Canadian in Jon's case), and we pretty much got seated with groups in back to back logs. . and the same thing happened at TDS on Indiana Jones).

I ended up in a log full of young ladies that were celebrating one's 18th birthday. They didn't speak a lot of English, but enough that we all sang Happy Birthday to her while on the ride, and chanted "Birthday Party Log!!" during the drop.

here's the pic. . . and just to note, Tokyo Disney was encouraging people to take pictures of the on-ride photos, so although I didn't buy this particular one, the picture was taken with encouragement of the Castmembers by the photo stand.

(Birthday Girl is in the front left, looking scared).
IMG_1748.JPG
yeah. . I found my happy place.
IMG_1749.JPG
theming out and about in Critter Country
IMG_1750.JPG
IMG_1751.JPG
IMG_1752.JPG
Fantasy Land at night. Dumbo doing it's thing.
IMG_1754.JPG
Pinocchio's journey. . but the only decent pic I have is of the outside mural from the car.
IMG_1755.JPG
Mad Hatter's Tea Party is called "Alice's tea party" here, but it's just as fun, and colorfully disorienting as the American versions.
IMG_1756.JPG
I see you Carousel. . .will get to you in a bit. that's still quite the line, so can wait till later.
IMG_1757.JPG
we crammed in a cup. . from our cup looking out.
IMG_1759.JPG
and looking in.
IMG_1760.JPG
IMG_1761.JPG
ok. .I lied. . can't wait.

heh.
IMG_1762.JPG
but lots to look at while waiting in line
IMG_1763.JPG
IMG_1764.JPG
IMG_1766.JPG
IMG_1767.JPG
the design work in Fantasyland really comes alive at night. . so amazing.
IMG_1768.JPG
speaking of amazing. . I mean, a Disney Castle Carousel is always gonna be a classic.
IMG_1771.JPG
IMG_1772.JPG
awwwwww
IMG_1774.JPG
IMG_1775.JPG
IMG_1776.JPG
IMG_1777.JPG
IMG_1778.JPG
the Mansion, which looked great during the day, looks even better at night - even tho lit up, it's harder to see Jack's crashed sled on the roof at night.

(its there in this pic, just to the left of the Smokestacks. .but I think it was more visible during the day)
IMG_1780.JPG
IMG_1781.JPG
IMG_1783.JPG
IMG_1784.JPG
ooo.. the ghost atmos-fears around Frontierland look so good lit up at night!
IMG_1785.JPG
IMG_1786.JPG
back at the entrance to Splash Mountain/Critter Country. . . why had we come back here?

Because with the slight slope, it seemed like a great spot to watch:

"Dreamlights: the Tokyo Disneyland Electrical Parade" !
IMG_1787.JPG
led by the spectacular Blue Fairy.
IMG_1788.JPG
IMG_1789.JPG
IMG_1790.JPG
IMG_1791.JPG
IMG_1792.JPG
IMG_1793.JPG
IMG_1794.JPG
IMG_1795.JPG
IMG_1796.JPG
IMG_1797.JPG
IMG_1798.JPG
IMG_1799.JPG
IMG_1800.JPG
IMG_1801.JPG
IMG_1802.JPG
wow
IMG_1803.JPG
IMG_1804.JPG
IMG_1805.JPG
IMG_1806.JPG
IMG_1807.JPG
the 45 year old "Pete" was a little creepy, LOL.. but the gigantic LED Elliot was spectacuar
IMG_1808.JPG
IMG_1809.JPG
as was the Pirates of the Caribbean float
IMG_1810.JPG
IMG_1811.JPG
IMG_1812.JPG
IMG_1813.JPG
IMG_1814.JPG
IMG_1815.JPG
IMG_1816.JPG
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Postby bert425 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:47 pm

TDL day 1 part IV
IMG_1817.JPG
Toy Story!
IMG_1818.JPG
IMG_1819.JPG
IMG_1820.JPG
Aladdin and Jasmine never looked my way :(
IMG_1821.JPG
tho sadder was that the giant Genie float was broken during our visit, and never made an appearance during the 3 parades I saw.

Oh well, another thing to go back for.
IMG_1822.JPG
the Tangled float is impressive too
IMG_1823.JPG
IMG_1824.JPG
IMG_1825.JPG
IMG_1826.JPG
IMG_1827.JPG
IMG_1828.JPG
IMG_1829.JPG
IMG_1830.JPG
IMG_1831.JPG
IMG_1832.JPG
IMG_1833.JPG
IMG_1834.JPG
IMG_1835.JPG
IMG_1836.JPG
Donald, Daisy, and the pigs? awesome.
IMG_1837.JPG
IMG_1838.JPG
IMG_1839.JPG
IMG_1840.JPG
Chip and Dale
IMG_1841.JPG
IMG_1842.JPG
IMG_1843.JPG
IMG_1844.JPG
Lilo and Stitch
IMG_1845.JPG
and the 3 Caballeros ?

man, deep bench out tonight. . loving it.
IMG_1846.JPG
IMG_1847.JPG
the parade was wonderful. . really, really loved it.
IMG_1848.JPG
and then it was time to head back to bounce some more.

with Pooh's Hunny Hunt

the queue for this ride is incredible, as is the ride itself. . but man, such a great queue.
IMG_1850.JPG
Happy Castmembers
IMG_1851.JPG
and I remembered to take pics of the ride vehicles this time. .bouncy bouncy.

what hadn't we done yet. . hmm. . we passed Toontown, but hadn't gone in yet. . . so let's head over to:
IMG_1852.JPG
Roger Rabbit's Car-toon spin!

which in the evening, after the final parade, was almost a walk on.
IMG_1853.JPG
IMG_1855.JPG
More spooky photo ops in ToonTown.
IMG_1856.JPG
tried it. . wasn't my favorite.
IMG_1858.JPG
some pumpkin scarecrows out in front of Mickey/Minnie/Goofy's house over in Toon Town.

Possible this is supposed to be Goofy?
IMG_1857.JPG
and then it was time for the short-ish, but cute, fireworks display that happens between the two parks (TDL/TDS).

not sure if there would usually have been something going on around the Castle - and it didn't happen because of the construction - or if it's standard that the fireworks happen as a "shared" between the parks.

still, any fireworks are fun to see.
IMG_1859.JPG
IMG_1860.JPG
IMG_1862.JPG
HA!. . i actually *forgot* that we rode Gadget's Go Coaster. . until I came across the pics while uploading them.

I guess it didn't leave much of an impression, but it looks like it would be a fun-ish ride.
IMG_1864.JPG
proof I rode, because I was at the station to take this pic. . LOL
IMG_1865.JPG
Minnie Pumpkin Scarecrow (so I guess the one earlier WAS Goofy)

Great decorations
IMG_1866.JPG
the mailbox at Mickey's house
IMG_1867.JPG
Pumpkin Mickey scarecrow. . .sorcerer version
IMG_1868.JPG
Minnie's mailbox
IMG_1870.JPG
thanks to Elissa (for identifying it), I'm including this pic of detail from the Big Thunder Mountain queue.

we must have swung by there on our way back to Fantasyland. I honestly couldn't place what it was, but there is a "B" "T" "M" in this mark here. . so that's got to be what it is.
IMG_1871.JPG
we were headed here tho. . it was getting close to 9:30 and the park was starting to empty out. So although Peter Pan wasn't a walk on, it was a way shorter line than it had been thruout the day.

as this is among my favorite Disney rides, I was eager to see how the Japanese version was.
IMG_1872.JPG
ride vehicles are similar (and have terrible capacity..so that's standard)
IMG_1873.JPG
Tink!
IMG_1874.JPG
IMG_1875.JPG
she was buzzing around the loading station.
IMG_1876.JPG
IMG_1878.JPG
IMG_1879.JPG
this is London, with my fancy iPhone 8, that doesn't photograph movement well. .
IMG_1884.JPG
but I really liked how some of the pics came out, so sharing anyways.

who knew Peter Pan had Hyperspace??
IMG_1885.JPG
IMG_1887.JPG
hey... a decent pic from the moving ride

nice neck there Wendy
IMG_1888.JPG
we got off Peter Pan about 9:50, so the park is only open for about 10 more minutes.

what should we do? Dumbo? (that's had a long line all day. . but nope it STILL has a line that will make us wait until after park close.. . . so will wait to ride this on Friday).
IMG_1889.JPG
yep! we'll get in line for Haunted Mansion Holiday!
IMG_1890.JPG
even after a long day, both the Castmembers and myself, are pretty happy & perky.

it's Disney Magic, I tells ya.
IMG_1891.JPG
IMG_1892.JPG
IMG_1893.JPG
IMG_1894.JPG
IMG_1895.JPG
IMG_1896.JPG
IMG_1897.JPG
IMG_1899.JPG
IMG_1900.JPG
IMG_1901.JPG
IMG_1902.JPG
IMG_1903.JPG
this ride is so, so good. . .
IMG_1905.JPG
IMG_1915.JPG
Park is now closed, and they are gently ushering folks out of Fantasyland and towards the front of the park.

awww. . topiary, that i hadn't noticed earlier by the Carousel.
IMG_1917.JPG
I think favorite pic taken today. . just the way the sky and the castle look. .
IMG_1919.JPG
stopping on way out to take pics of the displays in the main courtyard in front of the castle.

very fun and spooky!
IMG_1920.JPG
IMG_1921.JPG
IMG_1922.JPG
IMG_1923.JPG
IMG_1924.JPG
IMG_1925.JPG
Micky Jack-o-Lantern. . fantastic.
IMG_1926.JPG
IMG_1927.JPG
IMG_1928.JPG
IMG_1929.JPG
IMG_1930.JPG
IMG_1931.JPG
IMG_1932.JPG
IMG_1935.JPG
from the display area, looking towards Main Street and the front entrance

love that you can make out the Walt & Mickey silhouette in the center of the pic
IMG_1936.JPG
and looking back at the castle.

not fully lit due to construction, but still pretty.
IMG_1937.JPG
a few other displays - on the other side of the courtyard. . . such great decorations.
IMG_1938.JPG
IMG_1939.JPG
IMG_1940.JPG
and then time to head out.

Postby bert425 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:53 pm

last handful - TDL Day 1
IMG_1941.JPG
sad to go, but it had been a really long day, and I'd be back in a couple of days.
IMG_1943.JPG
the Monorail station looks so great at night.
IMG_1944.JPG
IMG_1946.JPG
yep.. . I was here.

and I look a little run down now. . LOL
IMG_1947.JPG
IMG_1948.JPG
not bad. . . we were able to hover in the park a good 40 minutes after official close, to take pics, and browse the shops in the front.

but yeah, was fading pretty fast. . luckily, our Hotel was only 1 stop on the Monorail
IMG_1949.JPG
random posters in the Monorail while riding back to hotel.
IMG_1951.JPG
IMG_1952.JPG
before heading up to the rooms, Jon and I headed over to the convenience store in the lobby to grab a drink and snack. This gallery store next to it was selling some really nice Disney stuff.

but it was never open when I was actually IN the hotel.

which i guess is the universe saying I don't need it.
IMG_1953.JPG
but it was quite nice.

hope you enjoyed looking at the many pics from my 1st day at the Tokyo Disneyland park.

time to get some sleep, as up early tomorrow again, as it was gonna be my 1st time at Tokyo DisneySea, and I was really excited about it!

so saying goodnights, and up to the room to shower and into bed, to dream of Mickey.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:56 pm

Great report! Tokyo really does have the best parades.
Top 3 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland)
Top 3 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce
Most Recent Trip Reports- Universal Orlando/Islands of Adventure & Disneyland

Postby bert425 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:12 am

Canobie Coaster wrote:Great report! Tokyo really does have the best parades.

agreed!

and tho the weather mostly cooperated with us, threats of storms (and some light drizzle) affected other days. . resulting in my also getting to see the "rain version" of several of the parades.

which was just as adorable! the rain version seemed to be the parades without the marching castmembers between floats (to make the parades quicker), and the characters/castmembers who were in the parade, wearing adorable rain-gear

:)

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:08 am

Wow those parades will definitely take up a lot of space on your phone! So many pictures to capture. You really did a lot in 1 day at TDL! I can't imagine how even MORE amazing this place will be when those who don't have a Japanese phone are able to make reservations/fastpass/etc on digital.

Ugh I miss that view from the Tokyo Hilton Bay. All of TDR was just so energetic and memorable during the Halloween time. It was impossible not to get caught up in all of the celebrations and activities.

Hearing all of the cast members say "Happy Halloween!!!" was the best. Okay maybe the CMs saying "Yeeeeehawwwww" at Big Thunder might have been the best, haha. Can't wait for more!
{1991} Chicago based. Creative ad world guy with @adultswim @cartoonnetwork World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd
IG: photoboothez

Postby bert425 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 4:08 pm

PKI Jizzman wrote:Wow those parades will definitely take up a lot of space on your phone! So many pictures to capture. You really did a lot in 1 day at TDL! I can't imagine how even MORE amazing this place will be when those who don't have a Japanese phone are able to make reservations/fastpass/etc on digital.

Ugh I miss that view from the Tokyo Hilton Bay. All of TDR was just so energetic and memorable during the Halloween time. It was impossible not to get caught up in all of the celebrations and activities.

Hearing all of the cast members say "Happy Halloween!!!" was the best. Okay maybe the CMs saying "Yeeeeehawwwww" at Big Thunder might have been the best, haha. Can't wait for more!

totally agreed on all of this :)

tho having the app (and Jon having a Disney account already) made things better in terms of we were able to get a booking at Blue Bayou & Magellen (the next day at TDS). . actually meant spending less time at attractions, since we spent 1 1/2-2 hours at each meal.

both were worth it tho, and it really just means need more days to spend at the park.

No luck getting tix to the hard-to-get dinner/show in Frontierland tho. but that was a several hour commitment on the last evening at TDL. . so I guess I'll look at it as a positive that we got a few more rides on Haunted Mansion and Big Thunder Mountain instead :)

and yeah, the Parades can use up a lot of pics. sheesh, if I took this many? Imagine how many Brad, or Eric have on their cameras! Luckily, no photography is allowed at the shows, otherwise, i'd have even more pics to go thru, since William, Jon, and I managed to hit almost every "show" that Disney offered - with a couple of exceptions (didn't make it into "One Man's Dream" at TDL, and missed a show at TDS).

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby Satans Hockey » Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:37 am

Great report! Couldn't agree more about how amazing and happy the staff are there. Not that it ruins Orlando or California by an means but after visiting it really does make me wish they were both more like Tokyo, especially the guests who attend the parks lol

Postby bert425 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:00 pm

Satans Hockey wrote:Great report! Couldn't agree more about how amazing and happy the staff are there. Not that it ruins Orlando or California by an means but after visiting it really does make me wish they were both more like Tokyo, especially the guests who attend the parks lol

and agreed. . . the cast members there were so awesome, and several went out of their way to really help!

not just the Guest Services lady who helped us out with the app in this update, but also multiple folks on the last day who helped me find the Haunted Mansion Candy Holders - that seriously were a scavenger hunt, as they actually weren't where they were supposed to be (in either of the locations) on the printed map.

But those working at those locations sent me to other places who sent me to other places, who sent me to where they were actually being sold! All done with very little English, but with a TON of gusto, and desire to help me find them.

it worked out in my favor they weren't where the pamphlet said they would be, as if they were where the pamphlet stated? bet woulda been sold out and I would have missed my opportunity to pick up a couple! (Jon got some too)
IMG_2832.JPG

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!