Robb & Elissa Go To Japan & Don't Ride Any Roller Coasters!

Part three posted! Click:
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Macaroni and Donkey

Re: Robb & Elissa Go To Japan & Don't Ride Any Roller Coaste

Postby dreynolds1982 » Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:31 am

I've always thought Tokyo, and Japan in general, looked interesting but it was never high on my travel bucket list until I started following all of y'all's travels. Incredible. Always love the reports. It's #1 on my list and I can't wait!
Favorite Parks: Carowinds (Home Park), BGW, Any Disney Park, IOA, Family Kingdom (Myrtle Beach Classic!)
Favorite Steel (no order): Apollo's Chariot, Fury 325, Hulk, Mind Bender (SFOG), Space Mt (DL), Afterburn (Carowinds), Volcano
Favorite Wood (no order): Georgia Cyclone, Thunder Road (Carowinds...RIP), Swamp Fox (Family Kingdom), Woodstock Express (Carowinds...no seriously it's awesome), Thunderhead

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:31 am

Loving this report and it's getting me really excited for the trip! Robb are there any new Duffy & ShellieMay & friends characters that you're looking to add to your collection on your next visit? Or is there a Halloween style/alt of a character you're looking forward to the most?
Last edited by PKI Jizzman on Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:34 am.
{1991} Chicago based. Creative ad world guy with @adultswim @cartoonnetwork World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd
IG: photoboothez

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:34 am

PKI Jizzman wrote:Loving this report and it's getting me really excited for the trip! Robb are there any new ShellieMay characters that you're looking to add to your collection on your next visit? Or is there a Halloween style/alt of a character you're looking forward to the most?

They didn't do any classic Halloween costumes this year, but they have some AMAZING "fall" costumes that I am going to pick up not long after we land in Tokyo! Basically, the plane will land, and as soon as I can, I'm heading to Tokyo DisneySEA and then right to the Duffy store to pick up the new costumes! Gotta have her ready for her Tokyo Disney Halloween Season premiere! :lmao:

Also, Duffy is currently in the Lost River Delta area wearing a sombrero, so there is that! :p

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby Condor » Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:37 am

SharkTums wrote:TDS without Journey is still better than 99% of the parks on the planet so don't be bummed or depressed. Just plan to go back! =)

That's 100% the plan!

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:44 am

robbalvey wrote:
PKI Jizzman wrote:Loving this report and it's getting me really excited for the trip! Robb are there any new ShellieMay characters that you're looking to add to your collection on your next visit? Or is there a Halloween style/alt of a character you're looking forward to the most?

They didn't do any classic Halloween costumes this year, but they have some AMAZING "fall" costumes that I am going to pick up not long after we land in Tokyo! Basically, the plane will land, and as soon as I can, I'm heading to Tokyo DisneySEA and then right to the Duffy store to pick up the new costumes! Gotta have her ready for her Tokyo Disney Halloween Season premiere! :lmao:

Also, Duffy is currently in the Lost River Delta area wearing a sombrero, so there is that! :p

Google'd. Yeah the little red riding hood outfit for ShellieMay is adorable. The Sweet Dreams line that comes out October 8th looks really cute, too!
DuffySweetDreams_5.jpg
Always tired.
DuffySweetDreams_7.jpg
Always cute.
{1991} Chicago based. Creative ad world guy with @adultswim @cartoonnetwork World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd
IG: photoboothez

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:47 am

^ Yep. I'll be buying all that stuff! I will be bringing an extra bag just for Duffy costumes and characters!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby bert425 » Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:04 pm

is your annual pass good at Disney parks all over the world? Or do you just do evening tickets each night if you're in a place with a DisneyPark and want to pop in?
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:13 pm

^No. There's actually no pass that's good at ALL the parks. Tokyo Disney tickets are 'cheap' enough (especially compared to here in the US) that it wasn't even cheaper to buy a pass for this year with our visits in March and October. Trust me, we did the math! For example, the after 6pm ticket is $40. The annual pass is $900 (and has blackout dates). That's a LOT of visits to make your money back.
Last edited by SharkTums on Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:15 pm.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:14 pm

bert425 wrote:is your annual pass good at Disney parks all over the world? Or do you just do evening tickets each night if you're in a place with a DisneyPark and want to pop in?

Tokyo Disney does an "after 6pm" pass on the weeknights or "After 3pm" pass on the weekends. So outside of the "official days" when we have a 4-day ticket, I'll just go and buy the after Xpm tickets to spend a few hours. It's usually about $40 - $45 for the after 6pm pass, and the park is usually open until 10pm.

That being said, I do treat my bonus nighttime visits much like I do my Annual Pass visits at Walt Disney World. I normally go in just to "walk around" and take photos, see the shows and *maybe* ride something. For example at Disneyland, I'll most certainly watch Dream Lights every night I'm there, walk around a bit, and then a few minutes before park closing get in line for Pooh (which is never more than about 25 minutes at that time.)

At DisneySEA I'll just spend that time walking around taking photos, and usually taking a ride on Aquatopia & Sindbad... maybe the Indy single rider line as well.

I will probably watch Fantasmic! at least once or twice this trip because it's ending, but honestly, I usually don't watch it because I've seen it many times before, and it takes time away from just exploring the park.

But that is my usual typical night at these parks, and is exactly why we ended up staying a week in Japan without riding any roller coaster! The lines for Space Mountain & Thunder Mountain were just too long for attractions we basically have the same versions of here in the US.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby bert425 » Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:28 pm

^ & ^^

that's really cool that they offer the after 6 pass. I had heard y'all talk about it, but didn't realize it was so (relatively) inexpensive.

that's great!
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!