Six Flags Qiddiya (Saudi Arabia) Discussion Thread

Plans announced for 2023 opening
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Re: Six Flags Corporate Discussion Thread

Postby RaceBoarder » Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:53 am

Dombot wrote:
RaceBoarder wrote:
Dombot wrote:
Mike240SX wrote:That rendering was so unrealistic (seriously no banking on 99% of turns) it makes me think someone hacked the Six Flags website to post the entire announcement.

I was laughing so hard at that Falcon's Flight animation. Imagine hitting 200 mph only to hit an unbanked turn directly after. :lol:

Um, it's not 200mph.... You do know the difference between Kilometers per hour and Miles per hour right?

Or have we not gotten to that class in high school yet?

...oops, genuinely thought it said mph instead of mph. My bad, I didn’t even see that.

Do you really have to be rude about it though? So what if someone makes a mistake once in a while?

You're picking apart an animation of a coaster that is a minimum of 3-4 years away from construction starting. I think your mistakes are fair game to pick off...

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:54 am

Dombot wrote:Do you really have to be rude about it though? So what if someone makes a mistake once in a while?

You're being just as rude as he was, and at least HE HAD A POINT because you obviously didn't pay attention to the video. Seriously why can't people just take personal responsibility for the stupid crap they post instead of turning around and being assholes about it while trying to deflect blame onto someone else?

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:09 pm

My thoughts

Of course, a new park with an RMC (assuming that's what Colossus is ), a triple launcher, Tilt Coaster and the worlds fastest coaster is going to make enthusiasts jizz and drool.

However, there is no way a 78 acre outdoor park in the desert will survive on its own. I would like to hear what else QIC has planned in the way of a resort and additional attractions and associations with other theme park companies. Although I guess they could go with Six Flags alone and create multiple gates in the future such as Six Flags DC Universe, Six Flags Looney Tunes, Six Flags Murica (don't want to be associated with Six Flags America even 8 time zones away

This link shows that QIC has much more than 78 acres to work with overall

It is clear Six Flags will not own the park (possibly a minority partner), so again no upfront money from them. The will be in charge of planning, marketing, vendor negotiation and like areas that they have expertise over QIC and be paid fees for their services. And they probably have a cause that pays them a beaucoup of moolah if the project gets cancelled like UAE.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby yawetag » Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:17 pm

Using some quick Wiki checking, that's about the size of Kansas City, Kansas.

Can you see the donkey in my toast?

Re: Six Flags Qiddiya (Saudi Arabia)

Postby Shavethewhales » Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:47 pm

Absolutely insane. As with so many developments in the arab peninsula, there's going to be a lot of wait-and-see to know if this will become reality or not, but if it does it will be a must on every enthusiast's bucket list. I have mixed feelings about visiting Saudi Arabia, but this might end up being enticing enough to get me there.

The location is beautiful (in the photos at least). Reminds me a bit of southern Utah, but more desert-y...

This region of the world has certainly pulled off plenty of mega projects, even some that have seemingly had no rhyme or reason for existing. I hope this will be one of them.

Anyone have any experience traveling to Saudi Arabia?

Site Admin

Re: Six Flags Qiddiya (Saudi Arabia) Discussion Thread

Postby SharkTums » Mon Aug 26, 2019 1:36 pm

If this opens, we'll put together a nice, safe trip to the UAE and Saudi Arabia so we can all go together! I feel like this will be a more strict Oman (which we've been to), and I might not like or agree with all of their rules/culture/law, but I'm willing to accept it for a day or two for that screwed up Tilt Coaster!

Starbucks Enthusiast

Postby gisco » Mon Aug 26, 2019 1:44 pm

SharkTums wrote:If this opens, we'll put together a nice, safe trip to the UAE and Saudi Arabia so we can all go together! I feel like this will be a more strict Oman (which we've been to), and I might not like or agree with all of their rules/culture/law, but I'm willing to accept it for a day or two for that screwed up Tilt Coaster!

I'm in!

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby pǝʇɹǝʌuı » Mon Aug 26, 2019 1:51 pm

^^Yes! That sounds absolutely awesome!

I can't help but think straight to the "big if" side of this, though. An announcement this far in advance is almost a set-up for failure.

On the off chance that this thing comes to fruition, though, I'm all for visiting Saudi Arabia!

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Mon Aug 26, 2019 1:52 pm

If you want to understand who much money Saudi Arabia is throwing around besides Qiddiya, read up on any of their other mega projects. Particularly these 3 mega projects: Neom, Red Sea Project and Amaala

https://www.constructionweekonline.com/projects-tenders/169387-list-of-saudi-arabias-top-construction-projects-of-2019
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:05 pm

^I find the Jeddah Tower project the most similar to this. They have never actually announced real statistics on the tower because they don't want another building to be able to overtake it right around opening. Seems kind of like what they're doing with Falcon's Fury.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!