Six Flags Qiddiya (Saudi Arabia) Discussion Thread

Plans announced for 2023 opening
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Re: Six Flags Corporate Discussion Thread

Postby Visionist » Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:14 am

Assuming this gets built, when would be the best time to visit it? When do Saudis stay home and avoid places like this? I want the park to myself.

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby Hoppy » Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:19 am

This is insane. Very interested in the future of the park... I'll never make it to Saudi Arabia, so I'll have to live vicariously through Robb and others here.
Roller Coasters, Fireworks, and Kobe Beef, oh my!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:19 am

I know enthusiasts love their "How will crowds be on xxxx date?" posts but I never thought I'd see one for a park that wasn't even fully conceptualized yet that probably won't open for half a decade (minimum). :lol:
Last edited by coasterbill on Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:20 am.

Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Postby tndank » Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:21 am

Will Flash Pass+ be necessary? ;)

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby DarienPoint » Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:26 am

That looks absolutely crazy. Whoever lives there is probably ecstatic.
Darien Lake is my home park. :kiss:

Coaster Count: 100 || Parks: 16
100th Coaster: Comet @ TGE :b
Top 10: 1. Superman the Ride | 2. Wicked Cyclone | 3. Millennium Force | 4. Maverick | 5. Leviathan | 6. Goliath (La Ronde) | 7. Kingda Ka | 8. Behemoth | 9. Bizzaro | 10. El Toro

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:15 am

coasterbill wrote:I know enthusiasts love their "How will crowds be on xxxx date?" posts but I never thought I'd see one for a park that wasn't even fully conceptualized yet that probably won't open for half a decade (minimum). :lol:

I was thinking the same thing! :lol: :lmao: :lol:

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:17 am

Also this video that we just posted on our Facebook page shows off a bit more of the park towards the end....

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:33 am

I have added a bunch more of the renderings of the park to the initial post: https://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1918547#p1918547

Including this crazy one...
04-SFQ-Steamtown01.jpg

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby RAWKIN_coaster38 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:35 am

coasterbill wrote:
RAWKIN_coaster38 wrote:Oh...my...god! Is this a 12-year-old enthusiast's pipe dream RCT3 park or is this real life? :omg: If this works out as described I believe this can hands down be the best Six Flags park. I can't even believe it's going to be a Six Flags park!

I don't know how the economics of theme parks works but this is definitely not all on a Six Flags budget! I think the key here is the mention of the Qiddiya Investment Company's role. To me, this is like a theme park designer was approached and told, "Design a new theme park that can be built in the next year or two and gathers significant interest. You have unlimited money."

Yeah, I'm interested to see how much involvement Six Flags actually has. The verbiage makes it sound like they'll be involved but I wouldn't be that shocked if it turns out to be all but a straight licensing deal.

I mean, I did see a few job openings for Qiddiya on the Six Flags job board so there's got to be some involvement. But also...

coasterbill wrote:I'm also very skeptical of this park ever opening. :lol:

This is a very valid point as well.

I'm excited about the potential for this coaster and the park as a whole, but I'll reserve my full excitement (as well as looking at travel plans to Saudi) until this thing is 90% complete.
“If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?”

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby Dombot » Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:45 am

RaceBoarder wrote:
Dombot wrote:
Mike240SX wrote:That rendering was so unrealistic (seriously no banking on 99% of turns) it makes me think someone hacked the Six Flags website to post the entire announcement.

I was laughing so hard at that Falcon's Flight animation. Imagine hitting 200 mph only to hit an unbanked turn directly after. :lol:

Um, it's not 200mph.... You do know the difference between Kilometers per hour and Miles per hour right?

Or have we not gotten to that class in high school yet?

...oops, genuinely thought it said mph instead of mph. My bad, I didn’t even see that.

Do you really have to be rude about it though? So what if someone makes a mistake once in a while?
1. Intimidator 305 2. Kumba 3. Twisted Timbers 4. Goliath (SFoG) 5. Mako
6. Twisted Cyclone 7. Alpengeist 8. Mine Blower 9. Montu 10. Incredible Hulk

"If you trip me I will crumble and fall because I am a poorly structured building" ~Carson King

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!