Six Flags Qiddiya (Saudi Arabia) Discussion Thread

Plans announced for 2023 opening
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Re: Six Flags Corporate Discussion Thread

Postby RaceBoarder » Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:41 am

How do the economics of Middle Eastern parks work out so they can stay in business?

I get that there is money, but that wealth seems to be spread among very few people. Do existing parks draw a reasonable amount of patrons or are these parks just put there to show the rest of the world that the Middle East is "cool" like the rest of the world? (in the same vein as China's expansion over the past 30 years).

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:42 am

RAWKIN_coaster38 wrote:Oh...my...god! Is this a 12-year-old enthusiast's pipe dream RCT3 park or is this real life? :omg: If this works out as described I believe this can hands down be the best Six Flags park. I can't even believe it's going to be a Six Flags park!

I don't know how the economics of theme parks works but this is definitely not all on a Six Flags budget! I think the key here is the mention of the Qiddiya Investment Company's role. To me, this is like a theme park designer was approached and told, "Design a new theme park that can be built in the next year or two and gathers significant interest. You have unlimited money."

Yeah, I'm interested to see how much involvement Six Flags actually has. The verbiage makes it sound like they'll be involved but I wouldn't be that shocked if it turns out to be all but a straight licensing deal.

I'm also very skeptical of this park ever opening. :lol:
Last edited by coasterbill on Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:43 am.

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby mary.pesik » Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:42 am

I wonder what DC characters Six Flags can use after seeing Grid in Cyborg Hyper Drive. I really really want them to use Black Vulcan assuming they own the rights to the Super Friends characters. But then again he's like a C-lister. However Six Flags did use Cyborg even though he's still a B-lister in the eyes of the public...
THE GRID

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:44 am

FYI - I apologize to anyone who commented earlier and your post was deleted, but we have said ad nauseam to please PLEASE not make "announcement posts" for a major announcement until the admins have had a chance to do so. All it does is cause the admins to have to do MORE WORK and it doesn't make the person who makes the announcement post look any "cooler" in our eyes, in fact, they were banned this morning.

So please... PLEASE... I beg of you... WAIT for us to make announcement posts.

Thank you.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Wazzupnerds » Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:48 am

Heres my thoughts about this new park.

P I P E D R E A M

75% of these announced parks never happen. If it does, it will be a scaled down version.
Wadda you mean Rampage sucks?

Postby Mike240SX » Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:51 am

SharkTums wrote:A lot of "if's", but like others have said, if the Meadowlands project could come to completion, so could this!

American Dream hasn't opened yet...the jury's still out as to when/if it will ever open, and then how long before it closes down.

But yeah, on topic this seems awesome (though not enough to get me to travel to and spend tourism dollars in a country that criminalizes LGBT-ism to the point of execution) if it ever happens. That rendering was so unrealistic (seriously no banking on 99% of turns) it makes me think someone hacked the Six Flags website to post the entire announcement.
Last edited by Mike240SX on Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:55 am.
-Mike
Total Coasters: 134
Top 10 Steel: Maverick, Skyrush, Intimidator 305, Banshee, Millennium Force, Raptor, Superman: The Ride (SFNE), Top Thrill Dragster, Big Bad Wolf, Volcano
Top 10 Wood: The Beast, El Toro, Phoenix (Knoebels), Boulder Dash, Thunderbolt (KW), Mystic Timbers, Comet (Hershey), Hercules, Shivering Timbers, Jack Rabbit (KW)
Top 5 Hybrid: Twisted Timbers, Goliath (SFGAm), Wicked Cyclone, Great White, Gemini

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Wazzupnerds » Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:53 am

Mike240SX wrote:
SharkTums wrote:A lot of "if's", but like others have said, if the Meadowlands project could come to completion, so could this!

American Dream hasn't opened yet...the jury's still out as to when/if it will ever open, and then how long before it closes down.

American Dream at least has a building and rides built.
Wadda you mean Rampage sucks?

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby Dombot » Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:56 am

Mike240SX wrote:That rendering was so unrealistic (seriously no banking on 99% of turns) it makes me think someone hacked the Six Flags website to post the entire announcement.

I was laughing so hard at that Falcon's Flight animation. Imagine hitting 200 mph only to hit an unbanked turn directly after. :lol:
1. Intimidator 305 2. Kumba 3. Twisted Timbers 4. Goliath (SFoG) 5. Mako
6. Twisted Cyclone 7. Alpengeist 8. Mine Blower 9. Montu 10. Incredible Hulk

"If you trip me I will crumble and fall because I am a poorly structured building" ~Carson King

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby Sluggo77 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:08 am

That looks sick. Sounds very impressive if they do get it built.

Postby RaceBoarder » Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:13 am

Dombot wrote:
Mike240SX wrote:That rendering was so unrealistic (seriously no banking on 99% of turns) it makes me think someone hacked the Six Flags website to post the entire announcement.

I was laughing so hard at that Falcon's Flight animation. Imagine hitting 200 mph only to hit an unbanked turn directly after. :lol:

Um, it's not 200mph.... You do know the difference between Kilometers per hour and Miles per hour right?

Or have we not gotten to that class in high school yet?

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!