What's wrong with the Boomerangs!

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Re: What's wrong with the Boomerangs!

Postby cparkes92 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:21 am

I'm probably in the minority here, but I have never ridden a standard Boomerang (or even been to a park with one). However, I have ridden both an Invertigo (Invertigo @ Kings Island) and a GIB (Deja Vu @ SFGAm) and I preferred both to the two Arrow corkscrew-type coasters I've ridden (the off the shelf clone @ Michigan's Adventure and the custom version @ Cedar Point)
Top 10 steel: Steel Vengeance, Millennium Force, Maverick, Mako, Incredible Hulk, Banshee, Diamondback, Raptor, SheiKra, Montu
Top 10 wood: Mystic Timbers, Shivering Timbers, Beast, Racer (KI), Viper, American Eagle, Woodstock Express, Blue Streak (CP), Mean Streak (RIP), Wolverine Wildcat

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby pryonisys » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:36 am

I don't really mind boomerangs, but as others have said they are just everywhere and are very generic. Some hurt more than others. The Darien Lake one is surprisingly ok.
If it's more than a one train wait I'll likely skip it, but if I can walk right on I don't mind doing them.
I will never go out of my way for a boomerang or an SLC, I don't care about credits

I wish they would make Street Fighter Donkey.

Postby palmerleeberry » Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:18 am

To your question of "What's wrong with the Boomerangs?"
Here's my answer:
"NOT A THING!
I've ridden many Boomerangs from many parks, some with colorful names like Sea Serpent, Flashback, Sidewinder, and Carolina Cobra. The only issue I have with this coaster is where on the train do I feel like riding - the near front or very back. The very first Boomerang I rode was at Hersheypark in 1993 when I rode The Sidewinder. Before Boomerangs you had a launch coaster took you forwards and backwards with only one loop in the middle, and the Boomerang gave you more inversions for your bucks. One more thing: I'm willing to wait in line for at least an hour to ride a Boomerang.

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby RCT3Bross » Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:28 pm

I don't mind riding a Boomerang if the queue is under 10 minutes, maybe because I only have done 2.
I do have an issues with the rides though, they really feel like they weren't meant to go backwards. I mean when the ride goes forward they can be slightly rough but overall okay, when they go backwards that looping and cobra roll just feel way to small what gives this pulling effect on your body. I'm no stranger to going backwards on a coaster but the boomerang just makes it feel like its not suppose to do that.
Roller Coaster Traveler 3 Bross Parks of 2018: Efteling, Phantasialand, Walibi Holland, Skyline park, Europa Park, Walibi Belgium, Toverland, Thorpe Park, Alton Towers, Blackpool Pleasure Beach
2018 Rides: Fenix (Toverland), Tiki Waka (Walibi Belgium), Wicker Man (Alton Towers), Icon (Blackpool Pleasure Beach).

Previous

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!