RMCs & Poffertjes: Chuck & TPR 's 2019 Europe Trip

UPDATE: Kolmarden, p. 11
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Re: RMCs & Poffertjes: Chuck & TPR 's 2019 Europe Trip

Postby Melody303 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:56 pm

I had a much better experience at Energylandia in my 2 days there, and that was before Zadra was a thing. By the end of that trip I had been to Energylandia, Phantasialand, and Europa Park, and while my favorite coaster of the trip was Blue Fire at EP, I overall preferred Energylandia, and I'm much more likely to head back there in the near future than back to Europa Park (but first I'm going back to Phantasialand next month (+Walibi Holland + Toverland).
Hyperion was amazing, Mayan was awesome (especially considering how low my expectations were for SLC's after reading and watching many different reviews of them, and I don't mean it was good just by those standards, but in general. I must've ridden it around 10 times), and Formula, and the RMF Dragon (not awesome enough to justify a trip, but definitely another great ride I enjoyed a lot while I was there), Energus (same), and I loved the Space Booster more than many of the other coastersr I've ridden to date, and morme than any other flat ride too. Oh, and Apocalipto is awesome too. Surprisingly I found it even more fun than Talocan.
I'd love to go back, and I think it's an awesome park. And in the summer time with the water slides active and included in the price it's probably even better.

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:07 pm

^I think you are probably the only person on the planet that would choose Energylandia over Europa Park!!!!!! Wow.

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:54 pm

Lech Coaster was absolutely my favorite coaster on the Poland leg. It's a travesty that the majority of Vekoma's new big coaster installations are going to China and (sic) Energylandia. Perhaps when Tripsdrill opens theirs in two years I'll tack it on to my next Europe trip somehow.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:26 pm

Melody303 wrote:I had a much better experience at Energylandia in my 2 days there, and that was before Zadra was a thing. By the end of that trip I had been to Energylandia, Phantasialand, and Europa Park, and while my favorite coaster of the trip was Blue Fire at EP, I overall preferred Energylandia, and I'm much more likely to head back there in the near future than back to Europa Park (but first I'm going back to Phantasialand next month (+Walibi Holland + Toverland).
Hyperion was amazing, Mayan was awesome (especially considering how low my expectations were for SLC's after reading and watching many different reviews of them, and I don't mean it was good just by those standards, but in general. I must've ridden it around 10 times), and Formula, and the RMF Dragon (not awesome enough to justify a trip, but definitely another great ride I enjoyed a lot while I was there), Energus (same), and I loved the Space Booster more than many of the other coastersr I've ridden to date, and morme than any other flat ride too. Oh, and Apocalipto is awesome too. Surprisingly I found it even more fun than Talocan.
I'd love to go back, and I think it's an awesome park. And in the summer time with the water slides active and included in the price it's probably even better.

Well, different strokes for different folks, I guess. Personally, I think Europa is the best park in Europe, while Energylandia, er, isn't.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby bert425 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:36 pm

Such a great update today, Chuck. . . I've not heard of Legendia, but it looks like a lovely park.

What was up with that beach in a dome thing? (that you called Hawaii Party).

Is it just a resting area to go and chill with sand? or is there a show in there?
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:08 pm

Great report!

Just curious, how forceful were the loops on that Soquet thing? They look sort of like the loops on a Schwarzkopf.
Top 3 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland)
Top 3 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce
Most Recent Trip Reports- Rainbow MagicLand & Gardaland

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:54 am

bert425 wrote:Such a great update today, Chuck. . . I've not heard of Legendia, but it looks like a lovely park.

What was up with that beach in a dome thing? (that you called Hawaii Party).

Is it just a resting area to go and chill with sand? or is there a show in there?

I think it was just a "festival" type event with Polynesian style food and drink.

Permanent Tourist

Postby Electerik » Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:23 am

I don't feel like I need to go back to Poland--except, Legendia was great.

I meant to investigate the skyride thing. I'm sure it was closed, but I just wanted to know what it was all about. Maybe it takes you out to some remote parking lot? It was definitely outside of the park.

Much to my surprise, Lech was the coaster of the trip for me.

I've gone pantless!

Postby cfc » Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:48 pm

Canobie Coaster wrote:Great report!

Just curious, how forceful were the loops on that Soquet thing? They look sort of like the loops on a Schwarzkopf.

I'd say not as forceful as Schwarzkopf loops, but still fun.

Electerik wrote:Much to my surprise, Lech was the coaster of the trip for me.

Although my favorite coaster on the trip was Untamed, Lech was the next one--and the most pleasant surprise.
Last edited by cfc on Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:50 pm.

Nuthin' better than a naked donkey!

Postby The Great Zo » Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:28 pm

Just catching up on this report after being gone for a while. Lots of great stuff here, Chuck!

cfc wrote:Image

These are fantastic pictures. Untamed was such a great ride for photography -- especially compared to something like Xpress Platform 13, which is really tough to get any good rider reactions on.

cfc wrote:I’d love to see other parks build rides like Lost Gravity. I think we have enough Dive Machines and Wing Coasters, thank you.

This, please, a thousand times over.

cfc wrote:Andy has found a more practical way to get across the water.

Hey, the raft was the quickest way to get to the best photo spot for the boat jumping! At least, it was once some Dutch kids decided to tow the thing back over to me.

cfc wrote:Energylandia has the potential to be the greatest mini-golf course ever.

This is the most spot-on thing I've read about Energylandia. Perfect.

Your pictures really captured some of the little details that just make Energylandia what it is -- from the "Par 3" dragon, to the "celebrities" on the wall of the castle, to the tree with the tag still attached, to King's Arthur and the other poorly-translated signs ... wow. What a place.

But yes, the cake. It was fantastic.

cfc wrote:My thanks to the staff at Legendia for excellent guided tour during TPR’s filming sessions on Lech and Diableska Petla (not to mention a very good lunch)

That was a really great lunch!

cfc wrote:No legend at Legendia is greater than that of Sir Larry the Mighty!

He looks like he's set to take on the Basilisk all by himself.

Though, it wouldn't hurt to take this guy along for the ride.

cfc wrote:Image

Great write-ups, can't wait to see the rest.
-- Andy
Trip Reports: 2013 BG/KD -- 2013 TPR -- 2014 KI -- 2014 TPR -- 2015 TPR
Trip Reports: 2015 CP -- 2017 FL -- 2017 CP -- 2017 TPR -- 2018 FC -- 2018 CA

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!