Intamin Impulse Lingo

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Captain Coaster Nerd!!

Intamin Impulse Lingo

Postby JamesMC » Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:27 am

The only Intamin Impulse I have ever ridden is V2 at Six Flags Great America. I love this ride in the back of the train simply for the free fall sensation (especially since they stopped using the back tower brakes on the 2nd climb-out). However when in line, the operators will talk over the intercom prior to launch, but after safety restraints are checked and secure, and they say something that sounds like “115” or “150”, or some other ambiguous number...what is that?

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Intamin Impulse Lingo

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:39 am

If it's what I think you're talking about, it's a restraint number to recheck. Either 1 or 2 for which seat, then the row number 1 through 14. The computer tells them one isn't locked all the way, so they do that to quickly point the ops to the trouble spot so they can get it to lock correctly.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:47 am

JamesMC wrote:However when in line, the operators will talk over the intercom prior to launch, but after safety restraints are checked and secure, and they say something that sounds like “115” or “150”, or some other ambiguous number...what is that?

On Impulse coasters? That number is just the probability (as a percentage) of the ride breaking down on the next cycle.

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby xVicesAndVirtues » Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:30 am

^ :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Or maybe the bets are going up from $115 to $150 on which subsequent cycle it'll break down on next. It is at a Six Flags park, these people have to make money somehow.

Captain Coaster Nerd!!

Postby JamesMC » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:21 am

Thanks for the feedback^, however I think this number may be something different in this case. I am pretty familiar with the usual, "check 53, or cycle 31," banter, but after they say "120, or 115,... e.t.c, there is no additional rechecking of any restraints. Usually the number they say is followed by "clear to launch". I was thinking it has something to do with the ride itself being 'powered up' and ready to go...

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby RollingCoasting » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:46 am

115 seconds is the cool-down time for the LIMs (At least it is for SFGAm's V2, not sure about the others)

Once that time has passed they are able to dispatch the train

Captain Coaster Nerd!!

Postby JamesMC » Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:30 am

Ok,thanks! I thought it was a powering up number for the ride, but it makes sense that it is actually a cooling down reference to the LIMs.

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!