TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Orlando Getting the World's Tallest Free Fall

Looks like Orlando is getting the World's Tallest Free-Standing Drop Tower!!!

And more!

Introducing the Orlando Slingshot - the world's tallest slingshot ride at 300' tall and the Orlando Gyro Drop Tower - the world's tallest free-standing drop tower at 400'. The drop tower's seats will rotate with an unexpected twist as it drops down.

Scheduled to open on I-Drive in Spring of 2020.

This nearly completes the rebranding of the former Merlin Orlando Eye area into "Icon Park".

59192830_2495909917099315_1045536202536517632_o.thumb.jpg.46e1d7cd542143344ae3cd97ffbaecea.jpg

Artist Concept of the new attractions.

Edited by SharkTums

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

all it's missing now is a nice Giga Coaster to wrap around all of the attractions/over the parking garage (if that's what that is there).

really looks like it's turning into a great entertainment destination, with some decent food options there too.

Dang! We are barely going to miss this! Oh well, all the more reason for another trip to Florida!! Can't wait to give these a go once they open!

The only thing I am curious about is...

Introducing the Orlando Slingshot - the world's tallest slingshot ride at 300' tall....

The Slingshot ride on iDrive is 390ft tall and referred to as "The worlds tallest Slingshot ride" ... so how would a 300' tall slingshot be the worlds tallest?

Also...

...The drop tower's seats will rotate with an unexpected twist as it drops down.

I'm calling it now... The seats will tilt out before the drop. Not like Falcon's Fury though... More like Highlander that just opened at Hansa Park that has two different ride programs that are chosen at random... one of the two programs, the seats fold back before the free fall. With the other, you fold forward and immediately fall.

So that Polar Coaster is not happening?

That has nothing to do with this announcement or this area. And yes, according to the developer when I spoke to them a couple of months ago that project IS still happening. But for the sake of this thread, can we please keep it on topic with THIS development?

Thank you.

This is like when Huss rides was offering the Land of the Giant's ride package but a version that actually happens lol. I like how they are having an ornate cap on the drop tower.

Introducing the Orlando Slingshot - the world's tallest slingshot ride at 300' tall....

The Slingshot ride on iDrive is 390ft tall and referred to as "The worlds tallest Slingshot ride" ... so how would a 300' tall slingshot be the worlds tallest?

I think the current one shoots you up to 390ft but the towers themselves aren't that tall.

I think the current one shoots you up to 390ft but the towers themselves aren't that tall.

Ah, that makes sense! But HOLY CRAP!! The one that is there already is terrifying enough! I can't imagine one any taller!! But now I am even more excited to ride it! Can't wait to give this, and the drop tower a go when they open!