Coasting for Kids 2019 - Yes! C4K is Back!

Support Give Kids The World and ride roller coasters!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Challenge me at Donkey Kong...I dare ya!

Re: Coasting for Kids 2019 - Yes! C4K is Back!

Postby PhantomNick » Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:11 am

GnastyGnoric7 wrote:^Just sent 15 dollars your way, welcome to the 4 digits.

Awesome!! Thank you so much, Dustin! :)

Okay, so what a day yesterday was!! =) BIG pushes all around in donations....Kennywood has now raised over $40,000 for GKTW, making it the BIGGEST single Coasting for Kids event EVER!! Simply incredible stuff by all parties involved supporting this cause!

As for us and Team TPR, we have surged into the lead as the Top Fundraising Team, and have now raised $3,626!! WOW!! Well done, team!! Today's the "last push".....can we hit $4,000?? Let's go for it! Please keep reaching out to your fundraising circles and keep those last minute donations coming in! ACE's Team seems to be trying to make a push to catch us.....let's hold 'em off and stay in the Top Team spot! ;)

Robb and Elissa, do you think we could send an update out via TPR's socials today? Couldn't hurt to try and drum up a few extra donations, maybe....just a thought, totally up to you guys.

Here is the link again to Team TPR at Kennywood: http://support.gktw.org/site/TR/CoastingForKids/General?team_id=6872&pg=team&fr_id=1886

Also, one last item.....in regards to the Individual Top Fundraisers, I have slid into the #2 spot, and Taylor is only about $100 away from #3!! I'd love it if we took both of those spots for Team TPR!! :b

THANK YOU ALL for the support!!! Let's bring it home today!
I would rather be off riding coasters!

Steel Top 5 - (1) Steel Vengeance (2) Skyrush (3) Fury 325 (4) Millennium Force (5-tie) Phantom's Revenge (5-tie) Maverick
Wood Top 5 - (1) El Toro (2) Phoenix (3) Voyage (4) Ravine Flyer II (5) Shivering Timbers

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby Taylor Finn » Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:52 am

^ Nick, love the enthusiasm! I’m so excited for the event tomorrow, it should be a great time. I missed not doing it last year! Team TPR is more than 50% there in funding an entire family’s visit to the village!

It really is such an awesome cause and if anyone is ever in the Orlando idea, I can’t recommend volunteering enough. It’s just an amazing experience and worth setting aside a day or two (arrival and departure days are what I did) to check it out.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:08 pm

PhantomNick wrote:Robb and Elissa, do you think we could send an update out via TPR's socials today?

Done!

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:28 pm

I've added a little incentive on our Twitter: https://twitter.com/ThemeParkReview/status/1167941193444933639

Challenge me at Donkey Kong...I dare ya!

Postby PhantomNick » Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:11 pm

robbalvey wrote:
PhantomNick wrote:Robb and Elissa, do you think we could send an update out via TPR's socials today?

Done!

robbalvey wrote:I've added a little incentive on our Twitter: https://twitter.com/ThemeParkReview/status/1167941193444933639

Robb, good sir, you rock!! =) Thanks for spreading the word out on the socials!

Well folks, with about 8 hours left until the fundraising deadline, Team TPR is continuing to set the bar as the Top Fundraising Team!! Outstanding effort by all of my great teammates! :)

Our total raised for GKTW now sits at an AMAZING $4,166!!! I am truly SO proud of our group of riders! Incidentally, that gives us a $599 lead (actually, technically a $704 lead, as I have $105 of "offline" donations being turned in at check-in tomorrow!) over the equally impressive total from ACE's team. Fingers crossed we hold them off to clinch Top Fundraising Team at Kennywood!

I also noticed that Taylor has jumped up into the #3 spot for Top Individual Fundraiser!! That's awesome! If those tallies hold, TPR will end up with Top Team, #2 Top Fundraiser, and #3 Top Fundraiser!!! Pretty cool!

I'll also toss out there that with my offline donations, I'm sitting at $1,331 raised, which is not too far off from my revised second goal of $1,500! If anyone would be feeling generous and want to support this great cause by sending a donation to inch me closer to that, I'd certainly welcome and appreciate it! ;) My fundraising page is here - http://support.gktw.org/site/TR/CoastingForKids/General?px=1282888&pg=personal&fr_id=1886

And the rest of Team TPR's participants (in case anyone would like to donate to them) are here: http://support.gktw.org/site/TR/CoastingForKids/General?pg=team&fr_id=1886&team_id=6872

Later this morning, we finish this off and go Coasting for Kids!! :b :airtimer:
I would rather be off riding coasters!

Steel Top 5 - (1) Steel Vengeance (2) Skyrush (3) Fury 325 (4) Millennium Force (5-tie) Phantom's Revenge (5-tie) Maverick
Wood Top 5 - (1) El Toro (2) Phoenix (3) Voyage (4) Ravine Flyer II (5) Shivering Timbers

Previous

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!