Food at the Knott's Boysenberry Festival 2019

Photos From The Preview Tasting! Festival Runs 3/29 - 4/28
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Re: Food at the Knott's Boysenberry Festival 2019

Postby SteVeUrkle » Sun Mar 31, 2019 2:27 pm

Is General Admission required for getting into the event? I know during Christmastime they used to (or maybe they still do?) sell a "crafts fair" ticket for $10-$15 and you couldn't go on any rides or anything, but you could at least just go to visit the festival. I think it was more for the vendors, to get more people in the park.

I really dig one of those paintings, but I'm not in California, however some friends I know are 5 mins away! They'd definitely go by the park to pick it up for me, but I'm not sure with General Admission + the price of the painting that it'd be worth it.

That being said all the food looks remarkably well thought out and thorough, I'd definitely stop by if I was in the area but perhaps I will have to wait until next year. I also love how I don't see "Smuckers" anymore. Is Knott's starting to sell it's own products again, because that would be a huge plus, and really, they should. It makes something in the heart of Orange County unique to just Orange County, and KBF and Cedar Fair should recognize and celebrate that.

Thanks for the review!
Live Cedar Point Queue Times: https://queue-times.com/parks/50/queue_times

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:54 am

Yes. Ticket required.

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby ryder » Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:01 am

^^If I'm not mistaken, they no longer sell that "craft fair" pass. Everyone has to pay full admission, and has full access to the park.

I can't find where the Boysenberry Basil Lemonade is sold... it's one of the only items not listed in the guide. Is it the same place that sells the boba?

Postby Jew » Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:19 am

ryder wrote:^^If I'm not mistaken, they no longer sell that "craft fair" pass. Everyone has to pay full admission, and has full access to the park.

I can't find where the Boysenberry Basil Lemonade is sold... it's one of the only items not listed in the guide. Is it the same place that sells the boba?

They never sold a craft fair pass for Boysenberry. That was limited to Knotts Merry Farm years ago when the event was just the craft booths and log ride conversion. Now that Merry Farm is a full park event, that is gone.

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby ryder » Tue Apr 02, 2019 3:00 pm

I believe we were both referring to the Christmas pass. You are correct, there's never been one sold for the Boysenberry Festival.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby RAWKIN_coaster38 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:58 pm

ILoveRides wrote:
Jew wrote:Looks amazing! I'm going with a friend who is Vegan this year...what options did you see besides the hummus that she'll be able to have?

And just to clarify so there’s no confusion, I think the staff in charge of food at Knott’s are all great. They’ve always treated Brittney and me with respect, been very responsive and helpful to us, and have even gone above-and-beyond for us at some of the media events. I do think the vegan options are few and far between at the park, but I think it has a lot to do with the realities of trying to run a profitable amusement park - not that the staff are doing anything wrong. Unfortunately this is an industry-wide issue with no easy solution.

I think that is a very accurate and respectful assessment. It is tough to find theme park food that accommodates vegetarians let alone vegans, and I'd say Knott's is even slightly better on that than many other parks (SDC, for example, has about 2-3 vegetarian dishes in the whole park, and only one of those could be made vegan from what I saw).

I do think our society is gradually moving toward vegetarian/veganism being more common, and food service is slowly responding to it. The grocery stores I've been to have many more meat substitute brands than even 5 years ago, and fast food and restaurants are adding more as well. I actually didn't know Carl's Jr had a meat substitute burger, I'll have to try it next time I am around one.

I think it's great that you guys cover this event so well given you don't eat 95% of what they serve. Your photos are all stunning! You can really see how much effort the park puts into creating interesting and aesthetic dishes. Thank you for the report!
“If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?”

I will provide you with maximum pleasure.

Postby DBru » Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:31 pm

I attended the Boysenberry Festivals last year and was really impressed. This year’s selections look even better!!! Thanks for the great coverage!

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:28 am

I really, really think I need to finally commit to visiting Knott's during my next California trip... And now I'm considering timing it up with the Boysenberry Festival. I'm drooling over these incredible food photos!
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Postby Jew » Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:43 pm

My friend discovered vegan pizza at the place across from Shultz theater and it was delicious.

They also have boysenberry cocktails at the chicken dinner restaurant bar that I loved (mojito, whiskey sour, margarita).

One minor gripe is that if you didn’t buy the tasting card, they were not clear on where to purchase individual items even though prices were on the booth. None of the booths have registers, so we got directed multiple places to try and buy just the hummus.

Previous

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!