TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point August Trip

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

- Definitely get up early and take advantage of the early entry to the park that you'll get from staying at Breakers. I rode Steel Vengeance, Maverick, Millennium Force, and Valravyn all before the park opened since they were all "early entry" attractions. Top Thrill Dragster was not one, so I recommend going to that earlier in the day. Since you'll have early entry and you have a few days (albeit a weekend), you may not need to buy FastLane - would feel it out the first day.

- If the budget fits it, best meal I had was at Bay Harbor.

- If you're flying in and haven't booked yet, consider flying to Detroit instead of Cleveland. Found much more affordable flights and the drive isn't too bad.

If you have early entry and crowds follow the same pattern as last year, I strongly recommend Millennium Force for early entry. The magic gate will likely be open, which lets you maximize rides. Millennium Force also has a merge point that's pretty far back if you have FastLane and this is the best time for short queue front row rides.

Just a preference of mine cause I don't mind walking and it's not a far walk anyway but we went to the water park, then back to the hotel to grab some clothes/flip flops we didn't mind getting wet in and then did the water rides inside the park since they aren't a far walk from the entrance near magnum. You get absolutely soaked on those so we do them a few times each and then head back to the hotel to dry off and change. It beats walking around in wet clothes and socks all day.

If you have early entry and crowds follow the same pattern as last year, I strongly recommend Millennium Force for early entry. The magic gate will likely be open, which lets you maximize rides. Millennium Force also has a merge point that's pretty far back if you have FastLane and this is the best time for short queue front row rides.

I completely agree with this, but as a point of clarification, Fastlane is not available during early entry. It becomes available at the official opening time and you can buy it in basically any shop.

Bill's right too that with 3 days of early entry, Fastlane is not strictly necessary, but it is very nice even on multi-day stays.

Show your reservation and following the signs for Breakers on the first day so you can park in the Breakers Lot and avoid the parking fee.

When you have to opportunity to enter the park early, take advantage of it.

When you have the opportunity to stay at the park until closing time, take advantage of that. As long as you are in line for a ride before the official park close time you will still be able to ride, even if it takes 90 minutes to clear the line

The above allows you to ride the major rides when the park is least crowded (common sense but not everyone abides).

If you take advantage of the above, don't feel you need to maximize every second of every day, especially if you have Fastlane for the day. Take a relaxing nap midday, you paid for Breakers to have this luxury available.

If you can wait until 2:30 to eat lunch, don't eat from 12-2:00 when most people eat. Consider eating at Melt, Chickie and Pete's or Famous Dave's at the Marina all of which have indoor air conditioned seating. Or if you are looking to save a little money and/or eat healthier, stock your room with healthier snacks and sandwiches. Take advantage of the proximity of your room, you paid for this luxury.

Stay hydrated when you are at the park, keep bottled water in a cooler in your room. Drink a bottle of water whenever you leave or enter your room.

Ride everything that looks interesting, even if not a coaster. A trip to Cedar Point is never complete for me if I don't ride certain flat rides, especially the Derby Racer, Tiki Twirl, MaxAir and Skyhawk. R.I.P. Witches Wheel

Lastly, I'm sure sure if this is still the case, but Breakers used to not have coffee makers in the room, which I recall others complaining about in the past, so be prepared to have to inconvenience of a groggy walk buy coffee at Perkins or Starbucks each morning if you are a coffee slave (or bring your Keurig)

I will also add to everyone and say that Millennium Force is the easiest ride to Marathon during early entry. If you want lots of rides on it, go there straight at early entry opening. I would spend one of your days doing that; it is an awesome experience, and as others have said, if you do end up getting fast lane, the merge point is still a bit ways away for that ride. I wouldn't bother trying to ride any other time when you have such an opportunity in the morning to go crazy.