The 2018 TPR Coaster Poll

Submit your ballot TODAY!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: The 2018 TPR Coaster Poll is now OPEN!

Postby Canobie Coaster » Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:18 pm

I don't hate T3 because those restraints remove headbanging. Six Flags America and Canada's Wonderland's SLCs are the brutal ones if you ask me.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Outlaw Run
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Fury 325, Twisted Colossus, Iron Rattler
Most Recent Trip Reports- Eiffel Tower & Nigloland

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:36 pm

Hey everyone! Remember that today is the last day for voting!

Most importantly, when you're done ranking your coasters, be sure to click the green "done ranking" button to submit!
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby tripelite » Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:06 pm

Does the poll close at 11:59pm Eastern or Pacific? I still have about 200 left to rank and I could use the extra three hours...

Postby A.J. » Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:19 pm

It is 11:59 PM Eastern. We've had this up for an extra two weeks too.

That being said, there's nothing stopping you from at least getting those rankings down now so you don't have to go through the song and dance next year.

Get your like... best 50 or 75 on your list where you want them before 9:00 PM Pacific, and then submit. You can always come back tomorrow and, if the results haven't been tabulated yet, your changes will be reflected when they are. You just click the yellow button to release your rankings, and then the green button to lock them in again.
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

I will provide you with maximum pleasure.

Postby DBru » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:08 pm

Currently my top 3 coasters are ranked as -2, -1, and 0. Is this a problem?

Also I've had the same issue as someone else where my bottom 10-20 coasters keep randomly placing themselves throughout my list when I refresh (even after I press "save"). Frustrating.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:07 pm

I had 500-504 all set to 500. All that means is the 4 worst SLCs I've ridden will be tied with Vortex at Carowinds.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Outlaw Run
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Fury 325, Twisted Colossus, Iron Rattler
Most Recent Trip Reports- Eiffel Tower & Nigloland

Postby A.J. » Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:08 am

DBru wrote:Currently my top 3 coasters are ranked as -2, -1, and 0. Is this a problem?

This is frowned upon but technically will be okay, the ranking system considers negative numbers to be higher ranks than zero.

Also I've had the same issue as someone else where my bottom 10-20 coasters keep randomly placing themselves throughout my list when I refresh (even after I press "save"). Frustrating.

Not sure about this one, we'll check on it.

Postby coasterbill » Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:22 pm

Due to a glaring error on my part I realize that somehow Mighty Canadian Minebuster was only ranked as moderately terrible when the poll was due (I don't know how that happened, I must have done something dumb with drag and drop). I've corrected it and given it the recognition that it deserves, but if I'm too late and anyone gets the idea from this poll that the ride is kind of good I sincerely apologize for my actions. :lol:

I will provide you with maximum pleasure.

Postby DBru » Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:58 pm

A.J. wrote:
DBru wrote:Currently my top 3 coasters are ranked as -2, -1, and 0. Is this a problem?

This is frowned upon but technically will be okay, the ranking system considers negative numbers to be higher ranks than 0.

What’s the best solution to this? Obviously the numbers didn’t rearrange correctly when I dragged and dropped...but I don’t want to manually renumber every coaster I’ve ranked in the spreadsheet. :?r

Nuthin' better than a naked donkey!

Postby Tanks4me05 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:56 pm

^I see this wasn't just me, then. (I won't be surprised if the accuracy of the polls is appreciably reduced because of this.)

The solution I found out was to sort them first in a note-writing or word processing app/program, and then I used the spreadsheet version of the poll where I changed the numbers for all the coasters to match the notepad list in one uninterrupted session and then saved at the very end.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!