The 2018 TPR Coaster Poll

Submit your ballot TODAY!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Site Admin

Re: The 2018 TPR Coaster Poll is now OPEN!

Postby robbalvey » Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:38 pm

Yeah, sorry guys... still a few minor issues to resolve...

Like with everything else, we will never truly be out of the "Beta Testing" mode! :lmao: :Pr

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:14 pm

jlp94 wrote:Edit - It's probably too late, but there's no Firehawk even though it operated this year, and while there's an option for every Free Spin, all the individual clones have an option too.

Firehawk we're leaving out (as there are always exceptions to the rules).

As for the clones, we've done it that way on purpose. If all the S&S free spins are the same to you, just mark the "clone" entry as ridden. However, some of our casual users might love The Joker at Six Flags Great Adventure but not know that it's an S&S free spin. So, we leave both options open and we will combine them together when the results are tabulated.

This also means that people who ranked all their "clones" individually last year (before we put the aggregates in place) can keep their entries where they are without having to worry about it.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:17 pm

Submitted! Thanks for the time and effort on putting this together.
{1991} Chicago guy. Creative ad world guy with @adultswim @cartoonnetwork World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd

Postby A.J. » Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:11 pm

Quick update: We believe that the bug that prevented new users from marking their coasters as ridden (returning a "Forbidden" message) has been fixed. Please let us know if you're still having trouble!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby JG-77 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:27 pm

Quick question - if we mark down that we have ridden certain coasters, but we don't rank them, is that any different than not marking them down at all?

Edit: Also, is there a way to completely clear last year's rankings? I want to redo pretty much my whole list

Edit2: If we're counting Runaway Mountain at SFOT and Cliffhanger at Glenwood caverns, we should count Wild West Express at Adventure Park USA, since its a clone of the other two.
Side note: anyone else find it wierd that Premier, S&MC, and Zamperla have all built clones of the exact same coaster?
1. El Toro :airtime: 2. El Toro :airtimer: 3. El Toro :airtime: 4. El Toro :airtimer: --- I'm not good at ranking...

Postby A.J. » Sat Feb 02, 2019 5:33 am

Chase is probably a better person to answer your first two...

As for the Hurricanes / Windstorms? They're a grey area. Generally they don't meet our size cutoff. The two you mentioned are somewhat different. Cliffhanger is a clone in terms of layout but it has a significant novelty in the fact that it's at the top of a gigantic cliff, meaning that the great view might cause someone to rank it higher (though slightly). Runaway Mountain actually meets our size cutoff, as it's larger than those clones.

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby JJLehto » Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:53 am

Cool, so ya just save your rankings and by the end of the month is it automatically collected? Nothing I have to "submit" or anything?
Well Im excited to update my rankings with all my new 2018 creds, because this is my life :lmao:
Top 10 Steel: Steel Vengeance, Wicked Cyclone, Fury 325, Millennium Force, Storm Chaser, Skyrush, Maverick, Goliath (SFoG), I305, Lightning Run
Top 10 Wood: Voyage, Phoenix, El Toro, Boulder Dash, Mystic Timbers, Lightning Racer, Grizzly (KD), Legend, Raven, Beast

Postby A.J. » Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:15 am

Yes. When you click the green "done ranking" button and you can no longer drag / drop or change the numbers in your list, your ballot is good to go.

Fluffy, Fluffy, Donkeys Filled With Medicine and Goo!

Postby Dombot » Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:59 am

Submitted! No problems, glitches, or roadbumps on my end of the line. Great site, thanks to AJ, Robb and Chase for putting the system together for us nerds! =)
1. Intimidator 305 2. Kumba 3. Twisted Timbers 4. Mako 5. Alpengeist

"Sometimes I mistake this for a universe that cares." ~Randall Munroe

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:50 pm

Great for putting this together again, you guys! :)

I'm creating my list, several pages at a time. And I am really having a tough time, trying to remember
which Asian parks we went to in the TPR 2012 China Tour. I'm pretty much leaving them out, as I just
can't remember parks' names, to what coasters were where, etc.

Getting old has it's crap. ;)
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!