TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Lotte World 2019

A new ride will be coming to Lotte World in 2019 called Across Dark. It's being advertised as an XR adventure on the walls of the 4th floor. I believe it's where the Dynamic Theater was, which was a 3d simulator theater before. I say I believe because I don't think I ever actually rode in the theater after my very first visit almost 10 years ago. Though the site says 2018, the construction walls say 2019.

Although it's replacing another screen ride so not increasing the count I think Lotte World might be competing with Universal for most screen rides: This new ride, 3 Wild simulators: valley, wings and jungle, dragon shooting, desperados, 4d shooting theater, beluga talk show, flying theater, ghost house 3D, Lotte's Air balloon, not to mention the pay and play VR zone in the basement and VR on Gyro Drop and French Revolution.

It seems to be by the same company responsible for Lotty's Balloon Ride, the 360 degree screen on the 1st floor and their flying theater: http://www.4thparty.co.kr/portfolio/new-cinematic-vr/

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So for all their hype, this is basically a new 3D film for the existing simulator with alternating endings. 2 screenings 30 minutes apart of 1 ending and then alternating. There is VR but it's only in the front row, everyone else watches the screen with 3D glasses. There are separate lines for each.

• 5 months later...

Giant Loop has been closed down and the remaining structure has been used for an interactive billboard/L.E.D. screens. Make all your Six Flags getting ideas for converting theirs into paid adverts here.

Source

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

Edited by Garet

According to some of the news articles, it opened in 1999 when the park was 10 years old. So it ran for about 20 years and apart from refurbishment times, that would have been almost 365 days a year on 12-hour schedules especially since it was one of the only indoor thrill rides (nearly all the bigger outdoor rides can go on standby in the rain) after Bungee Drop got relocated outside.