TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Where Are You Going in 2019?

I'm old enough now to know that until the plane tickets are booked, there's no way to guarantee what if anything I'll be doing. I didn't plan to get a Six Flags pass for the year, and instead I'll wind up riding at least 5 of the 6 Justice Leagues in the US. Right now:

-WDW minus Magic Kingdom (that's on the books)

-Cedar Point

-Canada's Wonderland

-Six Flags Great America

-Kennywood

-Kentucky Kingdom

-Howard's Apple Farm and Sluggers and Putters for the credz

If everything goes kinda like I expect, then there won't be a single permanent roller coaster for a 250 mile radius that I haven't been on. Most of the portable ones too.

I'll be in New England come Memorial Day but aside from SFNE, I have nothing definite down. Maybe Canobie since it's been at least 10 years since I went there last - maybe more like 12-13. Or Edaville since I never went. Or Quassy. Not Compounce though. That place sucks now.

I am defintely hoping to be in Iowa enough to go to Adventureland and the State Fair, but that's also true of a lot of other localities.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is my current planning:

Cedar Point based trip

1: Carowinds (since I always need a layover and Charlotte is always the one I get...)

2: Cedar Point (hopefully for Coastermania)

3: Kennywood (Steel Curtain!)

Possibly 4: SF GA if I take my 2nd layover in Atlanta. The first 3 I am firm on though. I go to CP every year so Im very confident in this.

Hopefully a CA based trip (ideally for a WCB)

Great America, Discovery Kingdom, SFMM and KBF

Really depends on if WCB happens and if I can make it, I will try to leave Sept open. If there is none/it doesnt work out I still plan on trying to make this happen.

If CA doesnt work, I'll try to get to Dollywood, or perhaps whenever I visit NJ I'll swing by Hershey.

Surely Busch Gardens will happen at least one, and I'll likely hit the funspots. We take multiple trips to Tampa/St Pete and Orlando a year and sometimes I am solo for a day so it only makes sense

Next year is going to be a slow year for me since I want to save for the Japan trip in 2020. All in I still think I'm going to enjoy it:

- Efteling (every year)

- Toverland (re-rides on Fenix)

- Phantasialand (they are going to open a new coaster I've heard)

- Port Aventura (the only big new park on the horizon)

- Walibi Holland (RMC, yeah!)

- Bobbejaanland (Gerstlauer, yeah....)

Other than that, we'll see. Probably going to pick up a little park here or there. Then again, with the first four/five parks I've got enough quality rides.

Anything can happen, but so far we have flights booked where we plan to visit:

- Disney World (and Hollywood studios for the first time ever)

- Disneyland California (first time)

- Knott's

- Magic Mountain

- Disneyland Paris (first time)

- Parc Asterix (first time)

Things like Six Flags Great Adventure, Six Flags New England, Cedar Point, Kings Dominion, Busch Gardens Tampa, SeaWorld Orlando, Knoebels, Morey's and Busch Gardens Tampa are always a given too but aside from the Orlando parks none of them are official yet.

Not Compounce though. That place sucks now.

Yeah, I endorse this.

• 3 weeks later...

Definitely:

Nickelodeon Universe (MN)

Carowinds

Kings Dominion

Busch Gardens Williamsburg

Likely:

Six Flags over Georgia

Dollywood

Knott’s Berry Farm

Six Flags Magic Mountain

Maybe:

Canada’s Wonderland

Six Flags America

Yeah, all of my plans are super tentative right now, but I think that I am going to try traveling less this year.

Universal Studios Singapore

20th Century Fox World (or whatever they end up calling it [assuming it opens this year and isn't garbage ])

Lagoon Amusement Park

Enchanted Forest

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We have made our final plans, and booked our trips for 2019. Looks like I left out a few parks. So here is an updated list!

- Knoebels

- Hershey Park

- Phantasialand (The park I am most excited about visiting in 2019!)

- Busch Gardens Tampa

- Adventure Island

- Sea World Orlando

- Aquatica

- Magic Kingdom

- Animal Kingdom

- Hollywood Studios

- EPOCT

- Six Flags Over Texas

- And of course SDC a few times!

This year ended up turning into a much busier theme park year than we were expecting.

My home park is Six Flags Great America, so of course I'll be visiting there several times throughout the year, especially with Maxx Force!

The biggest trip I'm doing this year (and is 100% confirmed!) is in March for my Spring Break. 3 days at Disney, 1 day at Universal, plus all three Fun Spots, SeaWorld, Busch Gardens, and SFOG!

Then in mid-June, I'm hitting Silver Dollar City for the first time ever, and throughout the summer plan to visit some parks I haven't visited yet but are still nearby like Michigan's Adventure, Worlds of Fun, Valleyfair, Adventureland, etc.

In July, I'm probably gonna be visiting the Colorado parks because I have family there, and though it's not confirmed, there's a family reunion in Portland, so I'm gonna try to hit the two parks in Oregon, plus maybe side trips to Silverwood, PNE, etc.

We have made our final plans, and booked our trips for 2019.

- Hershey Park

- Phantasialand (The park I am most excited about visiting in 2019!)

- Busch Gardens Tampa

You're going to Germany but only doing Phantasialand? No EGF or Europa?

Foregone conclusions:

• Luna Park / Deno's (proximity)
  • Rye Playland (proximity)
  • Dorney Park (proximity to family / CF platinum passes)
  • Sesame Place (SW platinum passes)
  • Six Flags Great Adventure (nearest SF park, cheapo gold memberships)
  • Knoebels (didn't make it out there once this year and I'll be damned if we let that happen again)

Almost certainly:

• Morey's Piers (hoping to pull trigger on season passes during Black Friday sale and spend more time down the shore with the family)
  • Six Flags New England (memberships)
  • Kings Dominion (CF platinum passes)
  • Busch Gardens Williamsburg / Water Country USA (SW platinum passes)

Hopefully:

• Cedar Point / Kings Island (most likely end of season or the very beginning, either or)
  • Kennywood (whenever Steel Curtain opens, or for Phantom Fright Nights again)

Depending on the kiddo's height:

• Knott's Berry Farm / Six Flags Magic Mountain (would like to hit up West Coast Bash for his birthday if he makes it up to 54" by then)
  • Hersheypark (probably an off year since there's nothing new, but if he makes it to 54" you better believe he's making a beeline for Skyrush)

Depending on the family's finances:

• All the Florida parks (BGT, SWO, Universal, Disney, Fun Spots etc...)
  • Canada's Wonderland (also dependent upon height, but need to get passports for the kids)

if your not flying to Canada you can get the kids passport cards

OK so I have come up with some more concrete planning.

This is 100% happening:

Carowinds, Cedar Point, Kennywood. 3 Parks 3 days.

Only question is will I tack on SFoG to make it 4 in 4.

These will also happen:

Busch Gardens Tampa

Universal Studios

If WCB happens this year I am deff doing and will do CGA, SFDK, SFMM and KBF

If it doesnt happen I will most likely still go so I am 90% this plan is happening

Ideas Im mulling around:

One off parks that are not too convenient (as in not in FL and not easily roped into part of a larger trip) that I may just go to and back. Ideas are Dollywood, SF Great America or perhaps a KD/Busch Gardens mini VA trip

I finaly have my 2019 planning down.

Already been to:

-Efteling

100% sure to come:

-Walibi Holland

-Toverland

-Phantasialand

-Bobbejaanland

90% sure to come:

-Gardaland

- Mirabilandia

It's a nice regular year for me, that's okay for me after the wacky 2018 year.

Home parks:

BGT

SWO

FunSpot Orlando

FunSpot Kissimee

HS

EPCOT

AK

MK

(Not sure if I'll get to IOA or Universal Studios)

Wild Adventures

Planned Road Trip Destinations:

Six Flags Great America

Little Amerikka

Mt. Olympus

Adventureland

Worlds of Fun

Silver Dollar City

Six Flags St. Louis

Holiday World

Kentucky Kingdom

Indiana Beach

Six Flags Over Georgia

Carowinds

Dollywood

Hopeful trips:

Sea World San Antonio

Six Flags Over Texas

Six Flags Fiesta Texas

SFA

SFGadv

• 4 weeks later...

Now that I'm working at CP this summer, my plans have changed quite a bit from what I posted earlier.

Definitely

Nickelodeon Universe (MN)

Carowinds

Kings Dominion

Busch Gardens Williamsburg

Cedar Point

Kings Island

Kennywood

Likely

Canada's Wonderland

Michigan's Adventure

Waldameer

Six Flags Darien Lake

Kentucky Kingdom

Maybe

Hersheypark

Knoebels

Six Flags Great America

Definitely

MARCH

Copperhead Strike Passholder Preview Day (Carowinds is my current homepark)

APRIL

Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (former homepark, haven’t been back since 2015!!)

SeaWorld Orlando

SUMMER

Carowinds

Six Flags Over Georgia

Maybe

SUMMER

Galaxyland (Last time visited was 2017, before that 2012 and before that ages ago)

Definitely:

Seaworld Orlando

Discovery Cove

Funspot America

Six Flags Great Adventure

Moreys Piers

Playlands Castaway Cove

Probably:

Carowinds

Dorney

Coney Island

Kings Dominion

Busch Williamsburg

Maybe:

Knoebels

Update - My final plans

March - WDW, Universal, Fun Spots (all three), SeaWorld, Busch Gardens, SFOG

May - Maxx Force Media/Opening Day

June - Branson Trip - Silver Dollar City and the alpine coasters

July - Colorado and Oregon parks

After that, at most we would just be doing day trips to Adventureland, Michigan's Adventure and the Dells, or maybe even up to Bay Beach.

So, I'm heading out to Denver in early May with my father to go a see a concert at Red Rocks. I guess while I'm in town I should check out Elitch Gardens and Lakeside? Other than that, with my littlest finally hitting her 42" height mark, I plan on making the most of it at parks that have stuff just her height, so probably lots of Hershey and Knoebels on the books for this year.

So, I'm heading out to Denver in early May with my father to go a see a concert at Red Rocks. I guess while I'm in town I should check out Elitch Gardens and Lakeside? Other than that, with my littlest finally hitting her 42" height mark, I plan on making the most of it at parks that have stuff just her height, so probably lots of Hershey and Knoebels on the books for this year.

YES, KNOEBELS!! Love that place to death . Should be tons for her to do there. I was shocked by how many rides Knoebels has outside of the coasters, it feels like the amount you’d find at a major park like Kings Island or Cedar Point. Knoebels especially has an entire Kiddieland and the rides in the majority of the park are fun for the entire family— only a few of the flats, Twister and Impulse are what I’d call too intense for some.

Cedar Point is a "must" for me (it's my version of paradise). SFMM is also likely to happen.

Tentative trips would be Dollywood, Hersheypark, SFGA, Carowinds, and/or if there are any trips with an enthusiast group, I'd certainly consider that as an option. (The usual considerations are time off work and budget)