Photo TR: TPR USA Trip 2018

The RMC & More Tour! CP posted!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Re: Photo TR: TPR USA Trip 2018

Postby Guidods » Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:22 pm

Just going through the photos makes me want to go on the trip again. Hershy is such a good park full of awsome rides(other then wildcat). It was such a fun day.

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:54 am

matthew.sullivan1 wrote:After reading this TR, it occurred to me that you and Alex were on the train before me for a back row ride of Lightning Racer (pretty sure it was the lightning side). I saw your pink wristbands and realized that TPR was there that day :lmao: Great report!

You should have said something, haha. That's too funny. TPR is everywhere!

boldikus wrote:Thanks to you I just started texting buds to make a serious plan to head over for Hersheypark in the Dark - for no other reasons than Troegs and then Skyrush. Fab report of my happy place, thanks for the inspiration.

Does this mean I'm an influencer? Hooray I've finally fulfilled my duty as a millennial! I'll log off now :p

SharkTums wrote:My favorite part of this TR installment was the watering can back at Knoebels. I've just never been a big fan of Hershey. That being said, Storm Runner is ridiculously awesome and underrated. I love that ride and I wish we had more of them!!!

I could gush about Storm Runner all day. I wish there were more variants too!

Canobie Coaster wrote:Fantastic report! Skyrush truly is one of the most intense coasters out there.

I've seen Hershey block off the back rows on coasters other than Storm Runner as well. It always seemed to be on less crowded days.

That's too bad. They did it on SDL in the morning, but people were still getting into the empty seats by going in through a different gate so there was that. It wasn't a very busy day, but regardless not being able to pick the seat you want is frustrating.

RCCola wrote:Zach urged me to be social, so I’ll try. I can always click on the direct link to go back to this thread.

Oh come on I know you're just itching to get in on the conversation, haha. Grenades and such would make that dark ride more fun. It was just so bad it was good :lol:

Gatekeeper wrote:Hey Zach - awesome trip report and I agree about how incredible and thrilling Skyrush is. I loved the back wing seats!
Take care, Paul

Thanks! I agree, they were something else!

Guidods wrote:Just going through the photos makes me want to go on the trip again. Hershy is such a good park full of awsome rides(other then wildcat). It was such a fun day.

Drew Brees everybody! :p Yeah it was an epic trip, I want to go on another please and thank you!
Chi-livin. @adultswim @cartoonnetwork | World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd.
Snaps: photoboothezizi

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby beatle11 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:38 pm

Chris removed his hand from the bar for ONE second. Brad's so good he captured it!

Haha. Yes, the Skyride does still freak me out a bit. Such a great view from up there though.

Postby bert425 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:54 pm

^ that's a great pic of you three!
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby The Great Zo » Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:38 pm

I have a whole lot of Zach trip report to catch up on. Better get started.

From BGW...

PKI Jizzman wrote:Image

Good morning. Here's a picture of this weird A$$ mirror covered boost mobile store in the middle of nowhere North Carolina. Stay boosted NC! :lmao:

If you aren't at least spending part of your time on a TPR bus ride looking out the windows -- especially when we're driving through the backwoods -- you're doin' it wrong.

PKI Jizzman wrote:I love Premier coasters! I didn't love Tempesto!

Thank you! And may the phrase "comfort collar" go down in coaster lore for all its wonderful irony!

PKI Jizzman wrote:This was a memorable ERT session and I'd like to thank Robb for keeping count of my rides, I would have been lost without you Robb!

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

PKI Jizzman wrote:Verbolten ended up being one of the biggest surprises of the trip for me and is my favorite BGW coaster by far.

Griffon is right there with it, but those two are my tops at BGW.

From KD...

PKI Jizzman wrote:Day 6 - Twilight Zone Kings Island

:lmao: I mean, yeah, that's a great way to describe it as a Cincinnati / KI veteran!

PKI Jizzman wrote:...there's the Dominator/Volcano/I305 area that provides plenty of evidence of where Paramount and Cedar Fair added on. If they could blend those parts of the park in with the rest of the layout I think the park would leave me with nothing to pick on. There were just too many stretches of pavement/no shade and dead ends with no bathrooms/food/drink spots that left me feeling like I had stepped into a completely different park.

That section of the park is weird. It's got some big attractions as you mentioned, but it's not cohesive at all. It's like it doesn't tie into the rest of the park. With that said, it's nice to head to the "back left" and find that Flight of Fear is joined by a much better coaster than Firehawk. Though, maybe we'll get to say that at home in a couple years too...

PKI Jizzman wrote:Andy once again showed off his skills and called out precisely when the rain moved in and when the rain moved out, which thankfully cooled things down to a tolerable level in the evening.

Skills honed by years of intense study, physics equations, and actually knowing how to correctly interpret my chosen radar app. :lmao:

From SFA...

PKI Jizzman wrote:Superman was great! I only rode in the front seat and I thought it maintained its speed well and was more fun than a B&M hyper coaster.

I didn't ride in the back, where reports were different.

Quite different! :lmao:

If I want to be disappointed by an Intamin, I'd rather just wait for one to break down than to ever have to ride that craptacular "hyper"-coaster again.

PKI Jizzman wrote:"If I don't make it back take care of my camera.."

ACTUAL QUOTE!

PKI Jizzman wrote:The changing booths were barely covered up by a shower curtain and most were barely hanging on by 1 or 2 rungs.

And the ones that were hanging up had big holes chopped out of them, too.

Well, that was a park! It had flags! An arbitrary number of flags not to be exceeding six.

Some fun updates, Zach. More catch-up to come later...
-- Andy
Trip Reports: 2013 BG/KD -- 2013 TPR -- 2014 KI -- 2014 TPR -- 2015 TPR
Trip Reports: 2015 CP -- 2017 FL -- 2017 CP -- 2017 TPR -- 2018 FC -- 2018 CA

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:11 am

Thanks for another great update Zach! I'm really enjoying experiencing this trip through your eyes!
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:32 pm

Thanks everyone! Alright I've let this skate long enough, time to wrap this up real quick.

I'm no stranger to Cedar Point and it's always a treat to spend time there, but it was extra sweet with TPR! We had 2 hours of SV ERT for the first two nights and Maverick power hour ERT to end the trip. UhhhhhhhhhhMAZING! Big shout out to Robb and Elissa who orchestrated a memorable finale.

Cedar Point added Steel Vengeance and it's just as wild as everyone says it is. It's a ride that, due to its length, makes it tough to keep your arms up the whole ride but that's for sure the way to go. I probably rode in every single seat and enjoyed the front the most. Favorite element no doubt is the wave turn over the brake run in the structure. It's probably right there with Outlaw Run as my favorite RMC, but I still think Twisted Timbers is the most aggressive RMC I've experienced. Steel Vengeance was perfectly re-rideable and had me giggling on every ride!

Maverick is still the sheriff of Frontier Town in my opinion. It does it all! The refreshed train scene is a nice touch and those stengel dives are wild. The launch has a great kick to it. The airtime hills are killer. The trains are comfortable.

I found a row I liked in the middle of Magnum's train, but too close to the front or back and it's an uncomfortable ride.

Food options are fine now - the bbq smoking by Steel Vengeance smelled soooooo good!

The glaring issue now - the bathrooms. Coped from my initial post in August:
Dear lord they're stinky, messy, old, don't have paper towels, no hot/cold water option, and some don't even have doors to keep in air conditioning in or keep the bugs out (!!!!). It's not just a "needs cleaning more often" issue. I really hope they concentrate on this part of the park soon. I'm not sure if this hasn't been addressed yet because of the plumbing beneath + sand and how difficult that might be I have no idea about the level of difficulty there. Of all the parks on the trip and the parks I've visited in recent memory, I can't think of a worse example. They're on Ukrainian Village grungy dive bar levels.

And Elissa said the woman's side is just as bad.

Cedar Point is such a great place for roller coasters. I really hope the put a log flume in at some point and a dark ride - even a clone of Voyage to the Iron Reef would be welcome. Another thrilling flat ride wouldn't hurt either.

That wraps it up! I loved every minute of this TPR USA 2018 journey. Everything I expected happened - reconnecting with old friends, making new friends, some quality nerd talk, new favorites, some ugly sights of stupidity in America, seeing beautiful new parts of America, great beer, delicious food, water up my nose, inside jokes, a fantastic bus + driver, rodent affinity, weird smells, new record walking distances, and endless happiness.

Thanks everyone!
-Zach/Zz
20180802_081430.jpg
We're here!!
20180802_201857.jpg
View from the hotel room.
received_10217470445857323.jpg
Maverick in the front row. Ahhhhmazing.
received_10156493731749174.jpg
Some of the first rides on SV!
received_10156493735604174.jpg
Some of us are experts at timing the photos..
received_10156493731619174.jpg
Others..not so much :P
received_10156493731634174.jpg
Just having a blast on one incredible coaster.
Snapchat-552531897.jpg
Wow, what a big night at CP!
IMG_20180802_110941.jpg
SV was so 6 hours ago, let's start the day on the front row of TTD
20180802_101831.jpg
The look of relaxation - it's what you feel when you've got a FL+ at CP! Take it easy.
20180803_180138.jpg
The weather was awesome. Raptor still kicking A$$.
20180802_130022.jpg
Melt has great food, excellent beer, and even better service!
20180802_143929.jpg
What a classic. Still thrilling and honestly, a nice break from the sheer intensity of RMC/Intamins we've spent time with the past 12 days
20180802_145044.jpg
We love this big blue Intamin!
20180802_145135.jpg
I love the station music.
20180802_155240.jpg
Who are you and what are you doing with our planet?!
20180802_160125.jpg
From one big blue to another.
20180802_202556.jpg
They...liked it!
received_10155749093327215.jpg
The view up there is stunning.
received_10160772137535370.jpg
We're happy to be here!
received_10217474992690991.jpg
Sun starting to set so you know what that means..
received_10156497067639174.jpg
Steel Vengeance take overrrr!!
received_10156497070549174.jpg
Amazing every time.
received_10156497075749174.jpg
When you know when to smile for the camera you've been on it a lot.
received_10156497079559174.jpg
thanks RMC and CP!
20180803_224918.jpg
Hey Dragster! See you in a few hours.
20180803_101126.jpg
Told ya! Once again able to walk to the front row of TTD at opening.
20180803_101237.jpg
Hey Josh!
20180803_101337.jpg
This is one of my favorite views.
20180803_195542.jpg
Meanwhile in Frontier Town..
20180803_195548.jpg
Watching a seagull inhale a fresh cut fry like an anaconda is something else.
20180803_141135.jpg
*support wiggle*
20180803_210029.jpg
The area around the resort at night is really well done. Beachy.
received_1031069457060390.jpg
Underrated!
received_1986561694712102.jpg
How Jared drives: no hands!
received_1986561711378767.jpg
they have jesus chicken here?! I'm pulling over.
20180803_105033.jpg
The front row on Millennium. So. Much. Fun.
20180804_002216.jpg
This is where the trip ends. What a way to do it.
Chi-livin. @adultswim @cartoonnetwork | World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd.
Snaps: photoboothezizi

Postby Philrad71 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:39 pm

Awesome report, Zach - thank you for sharing your awesome adventures!

And yeah...about that insect. I am pretty sure that the only time that I have seem something like that was in the movie 'The Mist' where they would wrap that tail around someones head/throat and pierce it. Creepy! :wtf:

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby sirloindude » Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:48 pm

It's cool to see that you think Maverick is still the dominant ride in Frontier Town. I don't know that I've arrived at a final conclusion, but I think I'm leaning towards Maverick myself. Steel Vengeance had so much to it, but there's just something about that punchy nature of Maverick that really makes it almost unmatched in its greatness.

Glad you had a great trip!

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:19 pm

CP did such a good job the last few years with the entrances, hotel upgrades, food upgrades, and of course rides. It's now overdue to bring the bathrooms out of the campground 70's theme and to modern times.

Also, as I mentioned in several places the bugs this time were out of control. Not something I expected in August. In the past I had only seen swarms like these in May/June. Poor KT and I in the front row of SV at dusk was a painful experience.

Great report, looking forward to having you join us again next year!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!