TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Battle of the 2019 Launch Coasters

Best 2019 Launch Coaster  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Best 2019 Launch Coaster

• Copperhead Strike
    • West Coast Coaster
    • Maxx Force

I hope you mods dont mind this post just a fun thing to look at. Since we have had 3 launch coaster unveiled in North America. Who won the launch announcements for 2019

Copperhead Strike at Carowinds

chs-overview.jpg

West Coast Coaster at Six Flags Magic Mountain

LDN-L-SIXFLAGSANNOUNCEMENT-0829-03-1.jpg

Maxx Force at Six Flags Great America

maxresdefault.jpg

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I vote Maxx Force just because I'm a sucker for a strong launch and intense ride. Do-dodonpa is near the top of my bucket list (even though it will probably be a long time before I have an opportunity to ride it) and this is probably the closest we'll get in North America for a while, plus that layout looks intense!

Also Maxx Force will likely be the only one I may actually be able to ride next year.

I didn't see an option for "All three look awesome so why pick and haven't even been built yet so who the f**k am I to judge", so I didn't vote.

Actually, you have the option to vote for all of them. It says "choose up to three".

I voted for all of them.

I mean, I dunno. They all look cool. I think more fair would be a thread about which 2019 coaster you are anticipating. I don't understand how anyone can judge a coaster until they ride it. Also, why does it have to be about "who won" their announcements? I've seen that elsewhere today. Like... what do they win? Why is it a contest between the two chains?

I mean, I dunno. They all look cool. I think more fair would be a thread about which 2019 coaster you are anticipating. I don't understand how anyone can judge a coaster until they ride it. Also, why does it have to be about "who won" their announcements? I've seen that elsewhere today. Like... what do they win? Why is it a contest between the two chains?

I'm looking forward to West Coast Racers the most, simply because it's at my home park, but the other two look awesome, as well.

I'm pleasantly surprised by Copperhead Strike; it seems satisfying with a nice mix of elements and decent length. The layout has a lot more nuance and chances for airtime than I thought it would, and the launch hump is intriguing.

I expect Maxx Force's launch to be bonkers and West Coast Racers to be a lot of fun. Six Flags has been keeping new coasters short, but no one can say these two aren't packed with excitement & interactivity.

I honestly can't choose. Maxx Force looks like it's the most intense, West Coast Racers is really unique, and Copperhead Strike looks like classic Mack goodness. I'd be hard pressed to only choose one.

Agreed, all 3 look like great coasters and I hope to be able to check them all out next year. I also like seeing new coasters from different companies as well. It seems like everything lately has been from B&M, RMC, or GCI (who all make good coasters), but it's nice to see Mack, Premier, and S&S expand their portfolio. Plus, none of these coasters are clones (not yet as least), so we are getting 3 wholly original coaster experiences. Along with the new Harry Potter coaster (rumored to be Intamin), the S&S at Kennywood and the two Gerstlauers in NJ, 2019 is shaping up to be a great year for new coasters.

Edited by VegasBaby

First of all, I'm trying to make sense of why this poll exists when none of these rides are open and absoultely no one can give an accurate opinion on which one is best because no one has ridden them...

Secondly, I'm trying to make sense of why Copperhead Strike is in the lead when, on paper is probably the weakest of the three rides, most certainly weaker than Maxx Force. Did people miss that Copperhead Strikes launched 0-42 MPH? Where Maxx Force and Racers is 78MPH and 55MPH?

If you're making a hypothetical pointless poll about the best 2019 launch coasters, shouldn't that award automatically go to the one with the "best launch?" But yet people seem to have voted mostly for the ride with the weakest launch?!?!?

Again, this is why so many things in the world don't make any sense to me...

Edited by robbalvey

I didn't see an option for "All three look awesome so why pick and haven't even been built yet so who the f**k am I to judge", so I didn't vote.

Man, there is some funny shit being posted on these threads today!

I think there just is a fairly high contingent of people who are getting really sick of all the stupidity happening in the world right now which, unfortunately, spilling over into our forums more and more lately. And we can either:

A. Sit back, do nothing about it and cry ourselves to sleep a little more each night.

B. Be angry and mean about it.

C. Poke fun at the people with our own brand of mean-spirited humor and at least TRY to laugh at the whole thing, because if we didn't we probably would end up doing B... and then the second part of A...

Man, there is some funny shit being posted on these threads today!

I think there just is a fairly high contingent of people who are getting really sick of all the stupidity happening in the world right now which, unfortunately, spilling over into our forums more and more lately. And we can either:

A. Sit back, do nothing about it and cry ourselves to sleep a little more each night.

B. Be angry and mean about it.

C. Poke fun at the people with our own brand of mean-spirited humor and at least TRY to laugh at the whole thing, because if we didn't we probably would end up doing B... and then the second part of A...

D. I should have locked the thread when a saw it and it only had two responses.

At the end of the day I want to ride all three because all three look "fun" which is usually what I go to parks for. I doubt I'll be riding Maxx Force one day (probably not next year) and be thinking "man this launch is so much better than Copperhead Strikes launch specifically." I'll probably be thinking "holy sh*t that launch was batsh*t insane I can't wait to ride this again."

Assuming this poll is really "which ride are you most looking forward to based on the conceptual designs" (because, obviously, no one has ridden anything for their to be any "battle"), I responded Copperhead Strike because it seems like the most complete ride of three, or at least the one I will enjoy the most because it *appears* to have some launching, some airtime moments, some drops and some curves, and lasts more than 30 seconds (compared to MaxxForce).

In terms of which "launch" are you most excited about, the obvious answer is Maxx Force -- by a landslide.