bert joins TPR on the 2018 USA trip

Day 12 - Day 3 Cedar Point, last day of trip - now updated
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Re: bert joins TPR on the 2018 USA trip

Postby PKI Jizzman » Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:27 pm

bert425 wrote:Love this lift hill shot, also, I believe credited to Brad Roach

Believe it or not it wasn't Brad, it was me ;)
{1991} Chicago guy. Creative ad world guy with @adultswim @cartoonnetwork World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby bert425 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:34 pm

PKI Jizzman wrote:
bert425 wrote:Love this lift hill shot, also, I believe credited to Brad Roach

Believe it or not it wasn't Brad, it was me ;)

oh wow. . sorry Zach! . .lemme fix the credit!

vast, vast majority of what I have on my camera roll are photos I took, but I did occasionally save a good pic that was shared with the group.

apologies I mixed up the credit, and thanks for noting it! (I'm sure I'll likely do that again, even tho 95% of the pics are gonna be ones I took myself)
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:36 pm

Awesome! Every time I see a Carowinds report, I get an itch to go there. It seems like a park I'd love.

I had to look it up, and yeah, that was not a joke. They actually have a coaster they for real call Kiddy Hawk. :lmao:

Postby bert425 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:06 pm

ytterbiumanalyst wrote:
I had to look it up, and yeah, that was not a joke. They actually have a coaster they for real call Kiddy Hawk. :lmao:

oh it's real :p

Suspended Jr. coaster. . . not as shaky as the NightHawk flying coaster next door to it. . . LOL
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:59 pm

I believe it. Vekoma actually did a decent job with those jr. suspended coasters. I've been on the ones at Frontier City and Kings Island, and they're both good. My oldest daughter absolutely loves them, as they're the most intense she's willing to ride.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:44 pm

Great report! I love the evening and night shots of Fury.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Schwur des Karnan
Most Recent Trip Reports- Valleyfair & Noah's Ark

Postby bert425 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:58 pm

Canobie Coaster wrote:Great report! I love the evening and night shots of Fury.

thanks! some of my favorites aren't in my report tho, they're in Robb's official 2018 USA TR. . he, Brad, (and apparently Zach :p). . got some GREAT pics of Fury at night, and the park as the sun was setting.

http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=76133&start=30

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:18 pm

^ I think you've all gotten some great shots of everything you've ridden (or not), so far! :airtime:
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Portugal needs more old-school B&M's!!!

Postby rcjp » Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:11 am

Great report! I still can't really believe how we managed to hit so many rides given that they pretty much closed everything twice while we were there (if I remember correctly).

And the takeover on Woodstock Express was pretty amazing :) I got a lot more airtime in the back than I expected which was quite scary as I'm relatively sure I could easily come out of those restraints if I wanted to. :lol:
The Mr Freeze coasters should have speakers playing the sentence: "Let's kick some ice!" right before each launch

What does one say after riding a Batman clone?
The G force is strong with this one.

I wish they would make Street Fighter Donkey.

Postby TBpony414 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:37 am

Bert, where is that peanuts pirate ride? I can't believe I haven't been on that thing! Is it near Woodstock Express? Unfortunately due to illness on my end and spending half the day in a Charlotte urgent care, our trip to Carowinds was very short this year and we didn't get on anywhere near as much as I wish we could have. Will look for the pirate ride next year!

Mom and I had a similar experience on the wild mouse. "Wow this thing is crazy smooth! Whee!! Yippee, haha! No brakes on this thing, heck yea--AAAHHHHHHH!!! (possibly ruptured spleens)" LOL. Those final brakes will really hurt you if you're not expecting it... which we certainly weren't. I love Carolina Goldrusher and always ride it multiple times. FYI Hurler in the front seat with the Coasterbill method is actually a pretty good ride. Really enjoying your report!!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!