TPR's 2018 USA Tour Trip Reports!

Part 4 - Busch Gardens Williamsburg!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Did the donkey fairy give me this title?

Re: TPR's 2018 USA Tour Trip Reports!

Postby gardyloo! » Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:44 am

LOVED the intro of the video! Jumped right into the action and good background music to accompany the ride. Great to catch your attention!

Twisted Timbers seems like it's ghe most air time orientated RMC of the bunch. Amazing how those guys keep hitting it out the park with every single new ride.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby bert425 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:30 pm

that's really a great video, Robb (and Elissa).

I think it might be among the best you've done -- hell, it makes me want to ride it again (and that's a *huge* thing to say, since I didn't really care for it (I know! but it hurt to me..just my body type don't like the ejector air + these restraints)). . . but it made me want to ride it again.

very well done!
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby michaellynn4 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:31 pm

The two best parts of the video to me were:
- Watching Robb's eyes pop wide open during each moment of ejector airtime
- Elissa's total mellow, chill, too-cool-to-put-my-hands-up riding position

Awesome footage!! Can't wait to ride it myself!
DFTBA: Don't Forget to be Awesome.
#1: Skyrush

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:45 am

Kings Dominion now has two of the best coasters in the country: I305 and Twisted Timbers. I love Steel Vengeance, too, but (like Robb) I give a slight edge to Timbers.

Great video!

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Fri Aug 24, 2018 5:14 am

I really loved Twisted Timbers, more than I thought I would. My favorite memory of the day though was KT saying "I'm knocking it down a point because it's themed to apples and I don't like apples!"

I like the theme and at least think it's somewhat more original than normal!

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:37 am

^Now if it were themed to burrata . . .

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:45 am

Those shots of the barrel rolls where the camera appeared to remain upright were insane. I'm sure there's an industry specific term for that shot, so excuse me for butchering it. :lol:

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:49 am

Sharing this video everywhere I can..

Seriously great footage from all different angles and different parts where you can see the ride. Love that you were able to capture the 'back half' of the ride hidden by the front part of the structure.

The barrel roll drop was amazing, the trio of airtime hills were outstanding, and that whole stretch of ...how to explain it (At this time stamp - https://youtube.com/XGavn7bCuOM?t=192)... the airtime trick track, quick airtime hill, then that U turn with the airtime hill somehow fit in was just crazy! And it all worked so well. So smooth.

I thought Twisted Timbers was the most intense coaster of the trip because of how much extreme airtime was packed into the layout. There's not an inch of the track that was left out!
Last edited by PKI Jizzman on Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:51 am.
Chi-livin. @adultswim @cartoonnetwork | World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd.
Snaps: photoboothezizi

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:50 am

coasterbill wrote:Those shots of the barrel rolls where the camera appeared to remain upright were insane. I'm sure there's an industry specific term for that shot, so excuse me for butchering it. :lol:

It's basically just taking the shots out of the 360 camera and in software telling the camera to act as a gimbal in a fixed position and have the world rotate around it.

Arrow rox my sox!

Postby zburns999 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:01 pm

The stationary camera through the barrel roll drop is one of the coolest shots I've seen.

I feel like Twisted Timbers was a big deal back in March when it opened, but has since been overshadowed by the other RMCs to open later in the spring/summer (even the Raptors). This is unfortunate, because Twisted Timbers is an incredible ride and has only gotten better as it has warmed up during the summer months. But I guess that this is what happens when Steel Vengeance was built only seven hours away...

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!