Switch to full style
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Post a reply

Re: Photo TR: A Weekend Staycation at Walt Disney World

Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:21 am

Thanks for this update, it's been a long time since I've been behind "the land". Good to see it's still alive and well!

Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:41 pm

Great report! I've always loved the Behind the Seeds tour. Do they still sell the plant clippings that you can grow?

Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:01 pm

Very cool, Adam...I would really be into that tour.

On your "Unreal" photo...is that zucchini hanging from a tree or Jurassic cucumbers? lol

Thanks for sharing!

Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:24 pm

Thanks for giving us a glimpse into Epcot's pavilion's greenhouse! That's a treat I would definitely take time to enjoy - and, for certain, be amazed!

Alice

Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:38 pm

I never realized they offered this tour. Nice report!

Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:20 pm

After our morning tour Behind The Seeds at The Land pavilion, we continued our day with a few experiences in Epcot and then a few random stops across the resort... As locals, we don't often get the chance to take advantage of the variety of resort amenities and offerings, so we made it a point to do a few things we'd never done before at Walt Disney World!
Attachments
1.JPG
Starbucks for the win!
2.JPG
Guardians of the Galaxy – Awesome Mix Live! had just debuted during our visit so I made it a priority to have us check it out!
3.JPG
The show was super fun and the vocal talent behind it were really great! I'm hoping the show comes back in some form when the new Guardians of the Galaxy coaster opens.
4.JPG
Hooked on a feeling!
5.JPG
Hit me with your best shot--fire away!
6.JPG
What better way to celebrate a birthday at Epcot than with FastPasses scored for Frozen Ever After?
7.JPG
Seriously... I enjoyed Maelstrom for its quirkiness, but Frozen Ever After is an infinitely better experience. The animatronics are incredible, the retheming of the space (queue included) is flawless and the ride actually has a cohesive storyline.
8.JPG
In Summer!
9.JPG
I can't wait for the Guardians of the Galaxy coaster to open!
10.JPG
Back at Art of Animation for a little more fun...
11.JPG
The Little Mermaid wing is really decorated well!
12.JPG
This watermelon cupcake was all kinds of awesome!
13.JPG
Disney's Skyliner construction as seen from our hotel room door...
14.JPG
And more to the side.
15.JPG
I couldn't resist dancing my way around the resort...
16.JPG
Really dancing around...
17.JPG
Ursula is huge (not meant in a disrespectful way)...
18.JPG
Can't stop.
19.JPG
Won't stop.
20.JPG
The Cars wing of the resort is really cute too. I wouldn't take it over Cars Land's Radiator Springs, but this is still fun to roam around.
26.JPG
Next up was a visit to Disney Springs for something my wife had yet to do...
27.JPG
Time to take a ride on Aerophile!
28.JPG
You don't get this view of Disney Springs very often!
29.JPG
See how many attractions you can spot!
30.JPG
The West Side of Disney Springs is still heavily under construction as the NBA Experience and Jaleo are both built.
31.JPG
I'm REALLY excited for Jaleo!
32.JPG
I'm also very curious to see what the NBA Experience ends up including.
33.JPG
Don't forget, La Nouba closed at the end of last year to make way for a new Cirque du Soleil show created specifically for Disney.
34.JPG
A look at the new Wolfgang Puck Bar & Grill opening up by Planet Hollywood and the Coca-Cola Store.
35.JPG
We ended our Florida Staycation with our first trip to the Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue at Ft. Wilderness!
36.JPG
Who doesn't love fried chicken?
37.JPG
I could live off of these ribs!
38.JPG
This is the same kind of humor I would've expected to find in the Golden Horseshoe back in the day.
39.JPG
Singing, dancing and comedy make for a really entertaining dinner show that has been operating for guests for over four decades.
40.JPG
Really a great time, especially for someone that has never been before.
41.JPG
Good ole country fun.
42.JPG
Oh, and the icing on the cake? Well, strawberry shortcake actually.

A really sweet way to end our weekend staycation!

Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:15 am

I have yet to experience the Hoop-dee-Doo and their buckets of meat (although I have dined at Trail's End). Great report, Adam!

Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:39 am

If you ever come to Hoop on a Thursday, Friday, or Saturday, yours truly will be at the piano!
Post a reply