TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags to operate Frontier City again

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't chimed in on here for a while I went to a off season tour early February of the park. There has been extensive work during that visit. Notice Diamond Back was receiving a lot of work the station that once sat on top of Fun Spots Afterburn has been refurbished and is being installed on top of Diamond Back's station. More shade this summer for that coaster. This is just a small piece on how much work is being done through out the park. The amount has not been disclosed to me but Six Flags and EPR have invested Millions of dollars on giving the park an Extreme Makover Theme Park addition. The money they were supposed to spend on a capitol investment the management decided to spend more money on upgrading the infrastructure of the park and give the park extensive upgrades and all around makeover. I have driven around the park and can see the extensive work being done during the off season. They have done alot to the park and those upgrades started during Fright Fest. They actually closed down rides to rebuild them several have had makeovers some attractions have been closed all season for a complete overhaul like Gunslinger. Other rides were shut down for long periods during the season like the Ferris Wheel, Prairie Schooner, Tumblweed, and Sidewinder. Renegade Rapids was getting extensive work cosmetic, plumbing and electrical. I complete overhaul starting back in October. Re theme-ing of the ride started during Fright Fest. Through out the whole park there has been work. I can't wait for Saturday to see just how much work has been done but I have heard the management park has listened to their guests and are actually making the changes. Also I heard the Go Karts are being removed this year for a new future attraction. That was posted by the parks Instagram Story a few weeks ago. I I did a drive by today the station roof frame has been installed on Diamond Back and the Concert area all the concrete and some of the grass areas was torn out don't know what they are doing to the concert area. Exciting things are happening at Frontier City. Also there has been a lot of activity at White Water/Hurricane Harbor Oklahoma City. The new slide Wahoo Racer the plumbing looked to be wrapping up and the footers are about to be installed on the new slide complex. There has been extensive construction activity going on at the water park. There is new structures that popped up that you can see driving down Interstate 40.

88237129_10222859258209554_2233513655415078912_n.jpg.465f78b60074f996645d4c9543ad341e.jpg

Glad to see Diamond Back get some love. The old Arrow shuttles are surprisingly fun rides.

The Go-Karts plot is decently sized, hopefully something bigger to gain the park some more attention.

• 2 weeks later...

I could actually see an RMC Raptor going in the place of the Go Kart track (the prototype layout probably). That area of the park has always been a little bit less traveled so it would really add something nice over there. Either that, or I think it'll be a Zamperla Giant Discovery.

Happy to hear Frontier City is planning on opening back up April 12. I might fly in and do my first visit the following weekend if that holds true.

Make sure you’re able to delay or cancel the tickets because the opening dates are tentative.

Edited by Eyebrows

Happy to hear Frontier City is planning on opening back up April 12. I might fly in and do my first visit the following weekend if that holds true.

I wouldn’t bet on the park being open at that point.... Given they just announced all of Oklahoma’s schools to be closed for the rest of the school year. Seems like Oklahoma is staying closed for a while.

I'm extremely skeptical of them opening anytime before May seeing how the virus sitation isnt anywhere near peaking. Though, if the region is relatively stable virus situation wise, then who knows, they may take the risk. I haven't heard much about COVID-19 in OKC.

^^ You haven't heard much because Oklahoma ignored it until they could no longer ignore it, and then they kept ignoring it for two more weeks for good measure.

I think we all need to make peace with not being able to visit theme parks anywhere until after Memorial Day at the very earliest.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Frontier City may not have added any attraction but what they did was drop a lot of money on infrastructure Electrical, Plumbing, Park Drainage and Refurbishments of it's existing rides. Like a complete refresh of the park. Some changes are noticeable some of the changes not so noticeable unless you are a regular at the park. Some noticeable changes one that stands out is all the upgrades to Diamond Back. The coaster station now has a roof which makes a big difference during the Hot Oklahoma summer months. Also the launch is incredibly smoother launch out of the station. Pretty much all of the rides at the park have gone through extensive refurbishments. The park wide Electrical system was completely rebuilt and one of the things I like what they did the Main Junction area electrical boxes they disguised as one room

old western houses. To fit into the theme of the park. Very well done. Just so much dramatic changes through out the park even they added some very fun interactive theme elements in the park. There is areas of Fresh Paint and new wood. The park is the cleanest I have ever seen the park. With the Pandemic it changed alot of things. The park has 10 Mask Free zones spread out throughout the park. Every ride at the entrance and exit have available Hand Sanitizer Stations. Also there are sinks with running water, soap and paper towels located different areas of the park where you can wash your hands. Social distance kind of lack off in the queue. The employees working rides do a good job to maintain social distance in the stations. Every other seat is used the Odd numbers are the used seats on the rides. They run a clean cycle every hour at or close to the top of the hour. They have employees who go around the park and spray down high touch areas. The technology they used to enter the park is so smooth now the security and temperature check. You just walk right on into the entrance area and right to wear you get scanned into the park. The mobile order every time I went has worked for me. The only issues is the employees working in the dining area have a habit not looking at the mobile order Ipod next to the register. So they have the tendency to let it sit.

I'm looking forward to HallowFest looking at what they have planned show wise, scare zones, and activities it looks like it will be one of the best Halloween Events in the chain. I spoke with one of the upper managers he said the Pandemic actually caused them to be creative on ways to do a Halloween event at the parks. They are excited that they can offer an event during the pandemic. There will be 5 shows for Hallowfest Main Street Light Show is new this year, Dead Mans Party, Magic of the Night, Freak Show Deluxe, and a Halloween Gunfighter Stunt Show. There will be walk through scare zones. Trick or Treating for kids and a Monster Maze in Timbertown.

The 3rd year for Holiday in the Park will be this year. Frontier City does not disappoint being a smaller park the lights and scenery are breathtaking. Nothing compared to the larger parks like Silver Dollar City. But still for a small park it has a really good Holiday in the Park.