Photo TR: Boldy's Beer and Airtime Adventures

UPDATE: New Years Day @ Sesame & Great Adv
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Photo TR: Boldy's Beer and Airtime Adventures

Postby Canobie Coaster » Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:17 pm

^ My lone Waffle House experience is still marred by the chain smoking waitress who still had the cigarette in her mouth while prepping and serving breakfast. Granted that was quite a long time ago at this point and regulations have probably changed.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Fury 325, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Iron Rattler
Most Recent Trip Reports- Canobie Lake Park & Six Flags New England- Goliath Only

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:10 pm

boldikus wrote:Thanks for the kind comments, yall. It was a fine time I was stoked to share with the class.

ytterbiumanalyst wrote:I do not understand your obsession with Awful House

The experience is remarkably consistent at every single location. The food is hot & fresh deliciously greasy slop for a great price (the "All Star" breakfast is like a tables worth of food for like $7.99, yo), the service is always unbelievably fast and did you ever notice anytime you walk into a Waffle House everyone stops what they're doing and turns around to say "Welcome To Waffle House"? Also if you ask for a coffee to go they'll just give you a bunch of free coffee. What's not to like?

Well, I'm glad you have had a good experience. We have about a dozen of them since we're south of the IHOP/Waffle House line, and I've found they vary widely in quality. There are a couple here that I will absolutely never go to again. There's one that's acceptable. I don't know though, I'd rather go to Denny's if it comes to that.

I think I feel about Awful House like you feel about Sheetz. :lol:

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:29 pm

^ Confucius say..."All franchise shops not managed equal".

There are a few Tim Horton's (and A&Ws) here in town
you couldn't give me a gift certificate, to go back into.

And we have a great (service/food) downtown Denny's, too! :smile:
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Postby coasterbill » Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:37 am

Holy f*ck nobody likes Waffle House because it's a respectable establishment. We like it because it's a delightful sh*thole that refuses to apologize for that fact. :lol:

Last time we all went to Waffle House in Doswell there was an employee following some meth-head with a syrup bottle out the front door yelling at her for stealing syrup and demanding that she paid for it. You can't get that sh*t at a Denny's.

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:33 am

:lol: :lol: Thank you for reminding me of that and causing all of my coworkers to ask me what the f*ck I'm laughing so hard at.

edit: was that the same WH where the creepface over @ the counter spotted one of your Dollywood hats/shirts/etc and just start yelling random facts about parks in our general direction?

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:55 am

^ & ^^ :lmao: Okay, that's fair.

Did my donkey title just change???

Postby mush619 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:01 am

Great report as always! Thank you for sharing. It was especially enjoyable on this cold day with 50mph wind gusts. lol

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby anonymouscactus » Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:36 pm

Last waffle House I went to had ants everywhere. Gave it some charm. It must be like the Knoebels of the breakfast world to you guys ;) mmmmm... charm.

BGW is always the first park to open near me (and when I say near me I mean 9 hours lol); really want to go back, as always.

Alpingeist is a great ride I just don't know where to rank it. I feel like sometimes I ride it it's totally insane and other times it's "just" pretty damn good. I do love me some inverts.

I love how many ciders and alcoholic non-beers that bar has, always a favorite.

Great report!

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:06 am

^ Thanks, y'all!

I love that this thread has spiraled into a Waffle House discourse. It was only a matter of time. :lol:

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:18 pm

Williamsburg itself does not have a single Waffle House, which is shocking (nearest one is on Jefferson Avenue in Newport News).

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!