Photo TR: Boldy's Beer and Airtime Adventures

UPDATE: Boldy's Birthday Bash 2 @ Holiday In the Park
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Photo TR: Boldy's Beer and Airtime Adventures

Postby bert425 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:50 pm

great report that brings back some wonderful memories.

as I tell everyone, night rides on I305 are absolutely BONKERS.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:52 pm

Awesome! I'm surprised Dawn enjoyed the Twisted Timbers that much, pretty cool! I still haven't gotten Julie to ride Outlaw Run, lol.

You guys always have your priorities right. Perfect day.

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:54 pm

coasterbill wrote:Also, I look f*cked in some of those pictures. :lol:

sober.gif

Postby coasterbill » Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:56 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

bert425 wrote:great report that brings back some wonderful memories.

as I tell everyone, night rides on I305 are absolutely BONKERS.

Absolutely! Fun fact: we almost didn’t get that night ride. When we walked up there was an epic Saturday night Intamin maintenance party in progress.
F1731EAE-C53F-47E4-AC0A-316CF0AD14C0.jpeg

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:03 pm

Ain't no party like an Intamin maintenance party, 'cause an Intamin maintenance party happens twice a day!

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:03 pm

OMG I totally forgot about that.

ytterbiumanalyst wrote:You guys always have your priorities right. Perfect day.

You know how we do. ;)

bert425 wrote:as I tell everyone, night rides on I305 are absolutely BONKERS.

I was saying because you can't see anything it just feels like you're being sucked through a black hole at a million miles an hour.

Oh and I just realized I never shouted out Bill for the handful of photos he provided. I'm sure you can figure out which ones he took lol.

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby bill_s » Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:09 am

That last pic of Timbers shows one of my favorite quirks and features of the ride. At the bottom right, that angled support dips down between the footers, lower than the concrete. There's also an I-beam trimmed down to sit right on the footers on the dip coming out of the overbank. They took every last inch available.

Saying those who like Anaconda are insane and then praising Hanks' fries? The shrimp are legit though.

"Because of course that's where we headed. And let's be real - if Volcano was operational we would have done the same thing. That's what happens when you put in an RMC." ... Yeah TT was a big distraction from Volcano the short time it was running. I would have ridden it a lot more if I had known what was coming, but also any other time other than the start of last year!

But my last opportunity to ride TT, I ended up riding Grizzly instead and judged it "perfect". Not too big, not too small, just right.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:04 am

Great report! I actually like the slow corkscrews on Anaconda that give messed up hangtime. Maybe it's just me. :lol:

An antique car haunt is a really cool idea. I'm glad the wait was worth it. I remember riding their antique cars once as a kid and it goes pretty deep in the woods.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Outlaw Run
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Iron Rattler, Skyrush
Most Recent Trip Reports- IMG Worlds of Adventure & Global Village

Postby coasterbill » Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:17 am

:lol: I like it too. I told him he was being a bitch.

I always try to drag people on Anaconda but they don't want none. (I'll show myself out)

Fluffy, Fluffy, Donkeys Filled With Medicine and Goo!

Postby coneyislandchris » Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:08 am

Awesome report as always, Boldy. I completely agree -- it sucks that the park is losing Volcano, but to be honest, I rode it so infrequently due to its "maintenance" that my visits without riding it far outnumber the visits actually getting on. They made the right decision and I hope they put something else cool in that location, but even still and even without it, they've got just so much more to offer besides it. Twisted Timbers is f*cking amazeballs and I know I've said it elsewhere but I'll say it again here -- it was my favorite new ride of the year. I was dreading the scroll down reading about Dawn's first ride on it, but so glad to see she enjoyed the hell out of it too! (I doubt I'd be able to get any sort of a similar reaction out of my wife, but then again, I wasn't expecting her to enjoy Oscar's Wacky Taxi either, so who knows... maybe someday?).

Can't wait to get back down Doswell way this year for sure. Virginia is turning into a home-away-from-home for us. I should really get around to posting up our trip report from December... yeah, right, it's going to be yet another one of those things that gets started and never completed from me. *shrug*
That coaster dad [316] and that coaster kiddo [175]. Road trip buddies for life.
Dad's faves: Fury 325. Phantom's Revenge. Intimidator 305. El Toro. Skyrush.

Kiddo's faves: Banshee. Top Thrill Dragster. Valravn. Apollo's Chariot. Twisted Timbers.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!