Vekoma acquired by Sansei Technologies

Vekoma has been purchased by the same company who bought S&S
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Site Admin

Re: Vekoma acquired by Sansei Technologies

Postby robbalvey » Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:52 pm

trainplane3 wrote:
robbalvey wrote:
trainplane3 wrote:
robbalvey wrote:
A.J. wrote:This might actually be really good news for Vekoma in North America. Maybe we'll start seeing a bigger presence from them in the coming years.

I'm more curious to see what will happen with relationships like the one Disney has with Vekoma. That relationship has helped Disney produce some of the best rides we've seen at their parks yet (Expedition Everest, Tron, Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, etc) and a change in owners could impact that. We shall see...

I think it's safe to add the Guardians coaster to that list as well.

We don't know that for sure. Remember, Disney did NOT go with Vekoma for their most recent coaster.

Pretty well regarded insiders have confirmed it will be Vekoma. I know it's not official, but unless Disney decides to drop the work they're having Vekoma do and start over with someone else then it's pretty certain.
https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/guardians-of-the-galaxy-attraction-confirmed-for-epcot.929265/page-179#post-8032740
https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/guardians-of-the-galaxy-attraction-confirmed-for-epcot.929265/page-220#post-8123320

I put zero stock in any of the Disney fan sites and rumors. They are wrong most of the time.

And, to be honest, I laughed out loud at your "Pretty well regarded insiders" statement! BWAHAHAHAHA!!! That right there is s funny crap!
Last edited by robbalvey on Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:53 pm.

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby trainplane3 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:07 pm

robbalvey wrote:
trainplane3 wrote:
robbalvey wrote:
trainplane3 wrote:
robbalvey wrote:
A.J. wrote:This might actually be really good news for Vekoma in North America. Maybe we'll start seeing a bigger presence from them in the coming years.

I'm more curious to see what will happen with relationships like the one Disney has with Vekoma. That relationship has helped Disney produce some of the best rides we've seen at their parks yet (Expedition Everest, Tron, Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, etc) and a change in owners could impact that. We shall see...

We don't know that for sure. Remember, Disney did NOT go with Vekoma for their most recent coaster.

Pretty well regarded insiders have confirmed it will be Vekoma. I know it's not official, but unless Disney decides to drop the work they're having Vekoma do and start over with someone else then it's pretty certain.
https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/guardians-of-the-galaxy-attraction-confirmed-for-epcot.929265/page-179#post-8032740
https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/guardians-of-the-galaxy-attraction-confirmed-for-epcot.929265/page-220#post-8123320

I put zero stock in any of the Disney fan sites and rumors. They are wrong most of the time.

And, to be honest, I laughed out loud at your "Pretty well regarded insiders" statement! BWAHAHAHAHA!!! That right there is s funny crap!

Well, to name a few recent things: these are the insiders that knew Avatar was happening a year before the announcement. They knew the ride systems and capacity per hour as well. They said the Speedway wasn't going away well before Tron was announced for MK while every other Disney site was saying it was. And right now, they've mentioned to expect a Gringotts-type ride for the Guardians coaster but without show stops after the launch, heavy possibility of Mary Poppins to the UK Pavilion, and the Brazil pavilion is still moving slowly. Oh and a pre-1994 styled Tomorrowland which is finally getting underway now, over a year and half after they first mentioned it. All of this well before everyones favorite clickbaiter/news stealer gets it.

They've been pretty right for several years so I think it's fair to trust them. But that's where I stand and I get that everyone else won't.

Did my donkey title just change???

Postby Thunder_Run » Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:11 pm

As long as they don't stop creating Madhouses I'll be happy.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:30 pm

trainplane3 wrote:
robbalvey wrote:
trainplane3 wrote:
robbalvey wrote:
trainplane3 wrote:
robbalvey wrote:

Well, to name a few recent things: these are the insiders that knew Avatar was happening a year before the announcement. They knew the ride systems and capacity per hour as well. They said the Speedway wasn't going away well before Tron was announced for MK while every other Disney site was saying it was. And right now, they've mentioned to expect a Gringotts-type ride for the Guardians coaster but without show stops after the launch, heavy possibility of Mary Poppins to the UK Pavilion, and the Brazil pavilion is still moving slowly. Oh and a pre-1994 styled Tomorrowland which is finally getting underway now, over a year and half after they first mentioned it. All of this well before everyones favorite clickbaiter/news stealer gets it.

They've been pretty right for several years so I think it's fair to trust them. But that's where I stand and I get that everyone else won't.

Excuse me while I roll my eyes the hardest they can possibly roll...
This is what I think of your bullshit "insider information." Seriously, it's just so laughable but you don't understand that or why, so please just carry on, it's very amusing to me!

“Those who know don't tell and those who tell don't know.”
Last edited by robbalvey on Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:36 pm.

Can you see the donkey in my toast?

Location: dimension not only of sight & sound but parabolic airtime hills/g-spot orgasms

Postby DirkFunk » Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:57 pm

Unless someone posting on a forum is a primary source and can back it up, I'm so, so not interested in buying into what they're selling. Everyone remembers the good stuff that is happening and no one remembers the bad. Stuff from "reliable people" I know wound up never happening repeatedly, so when it comes to randos on a Disney forum...

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:14 pm

DirkFunk wrote:Unless someone posting on a forum is a primary source and can back it up, I'm so, so not interested in buying into what they're selling. Everyone remembers the good stuff that is happening and no one remembers the bad. Stuff from "reliable people" I know wound up never happening repeatedly, so when it comes to randos on a Disney forum...

And let's be honest here, everything that guy posted was the most obvious common sense crap to take a stab at. I mean, yes, it's probably very likely that Vekoma will be doing the Guardians ride system, but things change at a moments notice ALL THE TIME in this business. Yes, you can easily connect the dots and I don't need some bullshit Disney fansite to come and tell me they are "industry insiders" when they are going to end up being a bunch of Disney geeks with a common sense crystal ball.

Because I can tell you with great certainty (and having worked for Disney for many years) that if you actually know something, YOU DO NOT RISK YOUR JOB TO TELL ANYONE outside of your non-disclosure agreement.

And anyone that tells you otherwise is either lying, doesn't know, or about to get fired.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Philrad71 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:16 am

Because I can tell you with great certainty (and having worked for Disney for many years) that if you actually know something, YOU DO NOT RISK YOUR JOB TO TELL ANYONE outside of your non-disclosure agreement.

This and nothing but this...otherwise it's all......
Capture.JPG
Seriously - what happened to patience and simply being excited for the OFFICIAL announcement? You're not cooler in anyone's eyes if you THINK that you know insider secrets in the amusement industry.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:25 am

KarlaKoaster wrote:This is huge news and I'm not sure how to react.

Same.
Bigger is not always better.

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby Norwegian coasterfan » Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:43 am

I don't think this will affect Vekoma and their products in any way. I would like to compare this to the shipyard industry: Sansei in this case probably is the same as Fincantieri is to the shipyard industry. Fincantieri own many shipyards around the world. Many years ago Fincantieri bought Brattvaag shipyard in Ålesund, Norway. It is now called Vard Brattvåg (Vard is a company in the Fincantieri group). This did not affect the way this shipyard is run and it continued as normal, I guess it's the same with Vekoma here :)

I donut like this custom title :(

Postby yay101 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:37 pm

Philrad71 wrote:Seriously - what happened to patience and simply being excited for the OFFICIAL announcement? You're not cooler in anyone's eyes if you THINK that you know insider secrets in the amusement industry.

:nina:

Let's just wait and see what happens. I cannot predict the future nor can anyone else. I just hope that a lot of great things will be made following Vekoma's new ownership.
Favourite Coaster: SkyRush
Other Favourites: Storm Chaser, Lightning Run, Blue Streak (CP), Voyage, Alpengeist, Apollo's Chariot, Phoenix, Goliath (SFGAm), Storm Runner, Raptor (CP), and Magnum XL-200

KD's Shockwave>KD's Delirium

If Magnum XL-200 dies we riot

May the force of Hello Kitty be with you

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!