MackManiac - Worlds first loop for karts

Couldn't find a thread so here it is ..

Mad Mack has developed the worlds first loop for karts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOcx2-Jo24o

Quick summary for the lazy

- Drivers are held in seat by "special security belts"

- Go-Karts enter guide rails

- MackManiac e-kart only

- "At special intersections you have the choice to follow our accelaration paths leading to our attractions"

- registered for patent approval

- "[..] there is an electronically controlled barrier installed at the beginning of each acceleration path leading to the actual attraction, which ensures that only one kart is driving through the attraction at a time."

Full Website Quote:

What so far has only been possible in video games now becomes reality: MackManiac is the first to offer the possibility to not only use your E-Kart for conventional races, but also to actively drive it through loops and corkscrews, overcoming spectacular moves with up to 6 G-Forces. Up to now this experience has only been possible by riding a common rollercoaster in which you are strapped into and which is remotely operated.

Only the bravest and most adventurous will overcome this challenge as any hesitation or fear will lead to failure. But do not worry as should your incentive leave you the Kart will be safely guided back out.

At special intersections you have the choice to follow our accelaration paths leading to our attractions. One ore more of these intersections may be implemented into into any conventional racing course. While actively driving through loops, corkscrews or other attractions your kart is safely guided on both sides. Further, there is an electronically controlled barrier installed at the beginning of each acceleration path leading to the actual attraction, which ensures that only one kart is driving through the attraction at a time.

MackManiac attractions are exclusively permitted by use of the MackManiac e-kart only. All Karts used for driving through a MackManiac attraction are especially modified in regards to electronical and sensorical components in order to guarantee a safe experience and to ensure limited speed accelerations.

Last but not least all karts are equipped with special security belts which ensure safe and tight fit during your ride.

The entire underlying technology has already been registered for patent approval.

Theme parks, kart course operators or showman who are interested now have the possibility to visit us and to experience MackManiac live at our premises in Nuremberg, Germany. Kindly contact us to register.

Mario Kart @Nintendoland anyone?

Source / Official Website

Edited by robbalvey

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks super-cool, but Hersheypark called and they want their logo back.

I wouldn't hold your breath, that would require so much time for loading / unloading, families wouldn't be able to participate together, you couldn't take anything with you, yadda yadda. Pretty much the antithesis of the typical "destination theme park attraction".

This seems to be a different company from Mack Rides.

The company is owned by Mack. They also developed the rollercoaster restaurant.

I wouldn't hold your breath, that would require so much time for loading / unloading, families wouldn't be able to participate together, you couldn't take anything with you, yadda yadda. Pretty much the antithesis of the typical "destination theme park attraction".

Yeah capacity would certainly be a problem. Though not beeing able to take stuff with you at Universal Parks is nothing new.

Edited by Taron

This looks so awesome. Sounds like there's a blocking system to prevent some gnarly accidents, though I'm curious if there's a way to force people around or let them back out if they chicken out.

After poking around the website a bit, I think I've also found the weirdest ride backing music ever in their roller coasters with your own car concept:

And this sky ride for your car in German that ends in a very politically charged English bit:

...overcoming spectacular moves with up to 6 G-Forces.

6 g's? Holy crap!

I can't help but wondering after seeing the "rollback" in the video... How many rollbacks would you be allowed before a ride attendant came over and... "encouraged" you not to rollback anymore?? I mean, you know there are teenagers out there who would sit there and purposely NOT clear the loop as many times as they could before it became an issue.

Regardless... It looks freaking amazing!! I could so see a place like Fun Spot getting one of these!!

^ Fun Spot was the second place I thought of upon seeing the video. Number 1 was Action Park. After almost installing that looping water slide with the rider capsule, this doesn't seem outside the realm of possibilities for them.

I'm definitely intrigued by the element. Only allowing one cart at a time definitely makes sense in case of a rollback. Hopefully the "runway" before the loop is long enough such that people waiting for the element can build up enough speed to successfully complete it.

Number 1 was Action Park. After almost installing that looping water slide with the rider capsule, this doesn't seem outside the realm of possibilities for them.

That wasn't an "almost" that actually did happen back in the 90's thay installed and operated, briefly a looping waterslide.

nrhpwzup4bdnwm8308ia.jpg

Edited by winningfreak

Number 1 was Action Park. After almost installing that looping water slide with the rider capsule, this doesn't seem outside the realm of possibilities for them.

That wasn't an "almost" that actually did happen back in the 90's thay installed and operated, briefly a looping waterslide.

Yes, but they tried it a second time a few years ago with that crazy coffin "Sky Caliber" thing. From what I understand, it never opened to the public.

Edited by A.J.

This seems like one of those ideas that could go so badly wrong... I'm sure the company has taken precautions against everything, but I still can't help but feel a person with just the right level of stupid could do something mind-numbingly idiotic to f**k this up brilliantly.

Fingers crossed, this does look really cool and only time will tell who purchases it and how they ensure success.

Looks super-cool, but Hersheypark called and they want their logo back.

That was my first thought as well.

I'd ride this. I'm impressed, and living near Branson I'm mostly immune to go kart gimmicks.

Same here. It's worse than I thought though- open a few windows and compare the logos side-by-side, they're the exact. Same. Thing.