Photo TR: Canobie Coaster's World Adventures

Gardaland- A beautiful park with the OG wing coaster
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 18 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Photo TR: Canobie Coaster's World Adventures

Postby Canobie Coaster » Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:22 am

Dutch Wonderland

When I’m on vacation, I want to pack as much into the trip as possible. One casualty of this mentality is sleep. For me, I can catch up on sleep when I’m back home.

My family has a much different mentality. After a late night at Knoebels, they wanted to sleep in. I didn’t want to wake them, so I was considerate and walked across the street to Dutch Wonderland. :lol:

Since my last visit, Dutch Wonderland had added a shiny new coaster and been purchased by Parques Reunidos. I was especially nervous of the latter, but fortunately the park has still retained its charm much like Story Land.

Entrance (Ground).JPG
Are you ready for some fun beyond the castle walls?

After the guard (not a security guard, but a knight) announced the park was open, a stampede of kids dashed towards Merlin’s Mayhem. Since I was past puberty, I totally could have beaten them there. But some things (like unwanted attention at a children’s park), just aren’t worth it. :lol:

Merlin’s Mayhem dominates the center of the park. It soars over the Sky Ride, whizzes past fountains, and dives into a fog-filled tunnel. These visuals make the ride as much a joy to watch as it is to ride.

The ride isn’t particularly intense. The first drop does have a bit of whip in back and one helix in the middle of the ride has some force to it. But the coaster really is about those visuals and the feeling of freedom you get thanks to the minimalistic restraints. And it’s quite smooth too.

Experienced coaster enthusiasts will like Merlin’s Mayhem. Budding coaster enthusiasts will love Merlin’s Mayhem. This is the perfect marquee attraction for a park like Dutch Wonderland. 6 out of 10

Merlin's Mayhem Cresting 2.JPG
Merlin's Mayhem dominates the center of the park.

Merlin's Mayhem Drop.JPG
A pre-drop for good luck.

Merlin's Mayhem Turnaround 1.JPG
Merlin's Mayhem is a super photogenic ride.

Merlin''s Mayhem Tunnel.JPG
Take the tunnel!

Merlin's Mayhem Close-Up 1.JPG
That father looks genuinely terrified.

Merlin's Mayhem Close-Up 2.JPG
The young boy up front is not impressed.

Up next was the park’s former marquee attraction, the Kingdom Coaster. CCI’s first coaster is still going strong. It’s smooth, offers the tiniest pops of airtime imaginable, and actually has some decent laterals since most turns are unbanked.

From a ride perspective, this is the perfect starter wood coaster for kids. Except there’s one problem- the 46” height requirement. So a kid too short to experience the gentle pops of air on Kingdom Coaster could very well be launched into orbit on Phoenix or Oscar’s Wacky Taxi. :lol: 5 out of 10

Kingdom Coaster 1st Drop.JPG
Kingdom Coaster runs along the perimeter of the park.

Kingdom Coaster Bunny Hill.JPG
Airtime? Maybe a tiny amount.

Kingdom Coaster Finale.JPG
I love the odd blue and purple paint scheme.

With the two big coasters out of the way, I made a lap of the park hitting anything else of interest. That included the Double Splash Flume. As you may expect, it’s a log flume with two drops.

Now those drops are very small. I think the drops on Pirates of the Caribbean may be larger. But it’s a well landscaped flume and it offers some nice views of the Kingdom Coaster. 5 out of 10

Double Splash Flume Drop 1.JPG
Two splashes = double the fun (or sadness if you're Dan).

Would you believe Dutch Wonderland has a set of Lusse Bumper Cars? Surprise, surprise, they do! Just don’t go pitching a tent. Since it’s a children’s park, they’re toned way down.

That being said, they still drive faster and hit harder than most bumper cars out there. They just don’t deliver the bone-jarring collisions of the ones at Knoebels. 7 out of 10

Bumper Cars Arena.JPG
There's something special about these cars.

Bumper Cars Lusse.JPG
Yes, these are actually Lusse skooters (albeit toned down).

Dutch Wonderland is the transportation capital of the world. You can choose from boats, antique cars, a monorail, a sky ride, or a train. I chose to start with the Gondola Cruise in the back of the park.

When I last visited Dutch Wonderland, the Gondola Cruise circled around this beautiful botanical garden with miniaturized replicas of world landmarks. I’m sad to report dinosaurs have now ravaged the area.

It was a splitting image of what Parques Reunidos did to the Slipshod Safari at Story Land. They took a ride that was fine as is and forced in dinosaurs. The Gondola Cruise is still relaxing, but it was much better in its previous incarnation. 5 out of 10

Exploration Island.JPG

Gondola Cruise Route.JPG
Exploration Island has the Turnpike, Gondola Cruise, and dinosaurs.

For those into coaster photography, the Sky Ride is a must. Since Merlin’s Mayhem was built around the pre-existing Sky Ride, you get some amazing shots. There’s only one problem- the dispatches on Merlin’s Mayhem are glacial. They almost didn’t get a train out during my ride. 7 out of 10

Merlin's Mayhem Overbank 1.JPG
The Sky Ride moves at a snail's pace. Merlin's Mayhem dispatches at an even slower rate.

The Monorail also offers amazing views of Merlin’s Mayhem, but it has the same Achilles heel as the Sky Ride. Fortunately, there’s so much more to look at. It provides a complete tour of Dutch Wonderland.

That tour even includes the parking lot. Fun fact, this Monorail was actually an upcharge the last time I visited and it had a second station outside the park. Since the Monorail no longer stops there, they have converted it into a mini dark ride segment. 7 out of 10

Monorail Offride.JPG
The Monorail provides a full tour of the park.

Monorail Old Station.JPG
Here's that old station in the parking lot. It's still used as the transfer track, but the trains no longer stop here during the ride.

I then returned to the sea and took a voyage on Dragon’s Lair. This is a cute boat ride that travels past some characters and through a cave. It feels more like one of those boat rides you’d find in Europe. And unlike most boat rides I’ve ridden as of late, this one is very well shaded. 6 out of 10

Dragon's Lair Boats.JPG
Can you find the dragon?

Dragon's Lair Duke.JPG
Say hello to Duke.

Since I’m fortunate enough to have Houdini at SFNE, I don’t appreciate just how rare mad houses are in this country. Dutch Wonderland is home to a really old version called the Wonder House.

It’s a bit of an oven in there, but the compactness of the house makes it very dizzying. I’ll take the grander versions at SFNE and the European parks, but it’s still a cool, little ride. 5 out of 10

Wonder House.JPG
I wonder how much this house sells for on the open market.

I then finished by visit with multiple voyages into space. Space Shuttle was a miniature Chance swinging ship. And as the Kingdom Coaster’s airtime is to your typical wood coaster airtime, Space Shuttle is to your typical Sea Dragon airtime. It may have some, but it’s barely noticeable. 5 out of 10

Space Shuttle (Ground).JPG
What a cute little pirate ship.

VR Voyager is an explosive trip through space. Don’t ask me what the plot was on this simulator, all I know is that this thing had more explosions than a Michael Bay film. The movements were well synched at least and the video quality was better than expected for a smaller park. 5 out of 10

VR Voyager Operating.JPG
Explosions the Ride

And then there was the Astroliner. Last time I rode one of these classic rocket simulators, I watched a bootlegged version of Dino Freaking Island (see my La Feria trip report). This one tried to take us to space.

It nailed the coldness with the copious amount of air conditioning, but the video and audio quality was poor. At least the movement was so bad it was funny. The ride constantly rocked side to side rather than trying to sync itself with the film. We’ve come a long way with our simulator rides. 3 out of 10

Astroliner Operating 2.JPG
If you like 1970's filmography, this ride is for you.

Dutch Wonderland really is the kingdom for kids. As a grown adult who unleashed his inner child, I had an enjoyable morning. There were plenty of rides for adults to enjoy and Dutch Wonderland really is a beautiful park. You can tell they’ve done their homework how to appeal to their target demographic.
Top 3 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland)
Top 3 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce
Most Recent Trip Reports- Rainbow MagicLand & Gardaland

Postby Canobie Coaster » Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:03 pm

Hersheypark

I wasn’t expecting to make a second trip to Hersheypark this year, but that’s exactly what happened when our family vacation passed through the Sweetest Place on Earth en route to Washington DC.

We took advantage of the twilight ticket (I love when parks offer these) and had a very focused visit. My priorities were the three Intamins, the renovated dark ride, and the new-for-2018 water coaster.

As we walked past the makeshift entrance, I could see Candymonium’s chocolate-brown brake run. I cannot wait for Hersheypark to have a proper entrance again in 2019 anchored by another hyper.

Candymonium Construction.JPG
Not a fan of the name, but the ride looks fantastic.

But for now, there’s Skyrush. Per usual, the ride had barely any wait. Meanwhile the nearby Sooperdooperlooper, Comet, and Great Bear all had posted waits approaching an hour.

No matter how many times I ride Skyrush, it always takes my breath away. Even the freaking lift hill is so fast that it pulls some Gs. But the real lunacy begins with that first drop. I’m still in awe how that thing delivers not one, but two insane pops of ejector air.

The rest of the layout alternates between camelbacks with some of the most powerful sustained airtime on the planet and turns that try to flip you into the creek. I know many whine about Skyrush’s restraints, but I love how minimalistic they are. 10 out of 10

Skyrush Overview.JPG
This temporary entrance showcases Skyrush quite well.

Skyrush Turn.JPG
Hmmm the weathermen said it was supposed to be a clear day. More on that later.

Our next stop was Breakers Edge. It seemed like a smart decision considering the Boardwalk closed two hours early, but it was especially wise with what transpired next.

We mentally prepared ourselves to have to wait 1-2 hours to ride Breakers Edge. Much to our shock, the queue was just at the merge point! It still took us 40 minutes from that point due to the ride’s capacity (they have rafts with 4 seats, but they only allow 2-3 riders per raft) and a breakdown.

In retrospect, I suspect the ride must have broken down before we entered the queue as well. I can’t think of any reason why it would have been that empty on a 90 degree day.

I love water coasters that focus on airtime. For that reason, I was really disappointed by Fiesta Texas’s Thunder Rapids. Breakers Edge looked like the perfect mix of the two.

I definitely enjoyed the ride. The first drop had some nice airtime, but that was it. The rest of the ride held its speed well though. It just didn’t have as much air as expected. 7 out of 10

Breakers Edge Dip.JPG
Six Flags calls their Larson Loops coasters. Cedar Fair calls their Diskos coasters. And Hersheypark calls their water coaster a coaster.

The other reason why we were lucky to have ridden Breakers Edge when we did was the weather. After we got off, we heard an announcement that the Boardwalk was closing due to inclement weather.

We were really confused since there was zero rain in the forecast. Had the weathermen missed something? The answer was a resounding yes. Not even 15 minutes later, the skies opened up and unleashed a flood upon the park.

Since all outdoor rides were closed, we figured we might as well enter the queue for Reese’s Cupfusion. It’s not like we had any other options since Laff Trakk was also closed*.

* This would have been especially funny if the indoor coaster was closed due to rain, but it was just having a temporary mechanical glitch. It reopened shortly after we entered the queue for Cupfusion.

I’m not going to sugarcoat it. The queue for Cupfusion was miserable. We only waited an hour, which was thankfully less than the posted 2 hour wait, but it moved painstakingly slow. And it quickly became apparent why.

Reese's Cupfusion Queue.JPG
Well this may take a while.

Each train holds 8 people. The park was filling half the train with Fast Track guests. While it stunk seeing the main queue move at a snail’s pace, I have no problem with it since the Fast Track guests paid a pretty penny for those and I’ve been on the other side many times.

At least I had enough time to understand the ride’s story. Basically some reject candies (who will end up in your child’s nightmares) want to steal the heart and soul of the Reese’s factory.

As for the ride, Cupfusion is a major upgrade over Reese’s Xtreme Cup Challenge. The ride added a ton of screens to compliment the physical targets and it felt like a discount Toy Story Mania. The sheer amount of targets was overwhelming and the guns worked flawlessly. 8 out of 10

Reese's Cupfusion Entrance.JPG

Reese's Cupfusion Vehicles.JPG
While I didn't hate Reese's Xtreme Cup Challenge, I certainly didn't mind seeing it upgraded.

Since the storm had passed, we decided to run after it on Storm Runner. The queue was a very manageable 20 minutes and that included us waiting for the front row. Is there any other place to ride these Intamin accelerator coasters?

I always forget just how strong Storm Runner’s launch is. I think it packs more of a punch than that of Dragster or Kingda Ka. And it most certainly offers a more complete ride experience.

After that launch, you have an amazing top hat with a boatload of airtime, some greying out in the following valley, a decent Immelmann, a surprise pop of air into the barrel rolls, some insane hangtime on the barrel rolls, and a speedy finish into the brakes.

Storm Runner is still short compared to most coasters, but it lasts an eternity compared to most accelerator coasters. And it puts the pedal to the metal until you hit the brakes. 9 out of 10

Storm Runner Immelmann.JPG
We fittingly rode Storm Runner after the storm passed.

We had about an hour left. Since Fahrenheit still had a lengthy queue, we decided to return for the last ride of the night. Great Bear and Comet also had sizable queues, we decided to return to Skyrush.

And I have to be honest, I’ve never seen the queue this long at the end of the night. It was two switchbacks deep! That being said, we still only had to wait 20 minutes, which is more than worth it for one of the most intense coasters in the world.

Skyrush hauls anytime of the day, but it feels especially magical at night. Those airtime hills feel like they’re trying to catapult you into orbit.

We also ran into a fellow coaster enthusiast in the queue line and we realized we had met each other on opening day while waiting for Storm Runner. Not surprisingly, he’s local to the park. He did warn us that Hershey occasionally will close off Fahrenheit’s queue.

Skyrush Lift (Base).jpg

Skyrush Crest (Light).JPG
Skyrush sure looks sexy at night.

So with some trepidation, we pried ourselves away from Skyrush and made our way towards Fahrenheit. I really wanted to get on this odd Intamin since it was closed on my opening day visit.

Fortunately, the queue was still open and it wasn’t too long either. In my past visits, Fahrenheit is the king of stacking. Not on this day. I think we were on the ride in less than 10 minutes.

We requested the back and it was well worth it for that drop. It’s some very strong airtime not unlike what you’d find on Maverick or a Eurofighter. And then that leads into the odd Norwegian loop that pulls some serious Gs on the bottom and a surprise pop of air exiting.

Admittedly, I do find the cobra roll a rattly throwaway, but the subsequent two corkscrews are insane. They are taken faster than almost any other corkscrew I’ve experienced and they’re super disorienting. That’s followed by a snappy overbank and a powerful airtime hill fit for a hyper. 9 out of 10

Fahrenheit Lift (Side).JPG
I have a lot of pictures of lift hills at night. And I'm ok with that.

Hersheypark is undoubtedly a full day park, but I was just thankful to get a half day there as part of a family vacation. For as many coasters as this park has, Hersheypark has an undeniable charm to it.

And I know for a fact I will be back next year to ride Candymonium. It’s not like I needed another reason to go back to Hershey, but another hyper certainly helps.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:21 am

Kings Dominion

During our family trip to Washington DC, our hotel was actually 15 minutes from Six Flags America. Since I had a membership and a meal plan, visiting that park seemed like a no-brainer.

Except that meant I'd have to visit Six Flags America. :lol:

So instead I chose to drive 2.5 hours each way through a sea of construction and traffic to visit a far superior park, Kings Dominion. Since I was flying back to Boston that evening, I only had time to hit my favorites. I probably could have ridden a few more things, but I knew better than to chance DC traffic near rush hour (doing so is like shoving a fork in an electrical socket).

Entrance.JPG
Everyone has the picture of the fountains and Eiffel Tower, so here's one of the ticket booths instead.

So my first stop was Twisted Timbers. Thankfully the park wasn't too crowded, so it was only sporting a 15 minute queue. And most of that was due to the glacial dispatches. On average they were taking at least 3-4 minutes.

Like Steel Vengeance, Twisted Timbers added pouches for 2019 so guests can keep their precious phones with them in the queue. However, I did run into a slight issue with the pouches. At Cedar Point, my digital camera fit into the pouch. It was a tight fit, but it did fit. The pouches looked identical on Twisted Timbers, but I couldn't get it to close. It was tempting to safely stow it in my zippered cargo shorts pocket instead, but I honored the park's rules and went off to buy a fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo before re-entering the queue.

When I last rode Twisted Timbers, it was on a cooler April day. In fact, the coaster didn't open until the afternoon due to the temperature. Knowing many coasters run better in warmer temps, I was interested to see if Twisted Timbers would ride even better.

Long story short, it didn't. But that's not a problem! I loved it last April and I loved it again. The sheer number of airtime hills on this coaster is astounding. You have your sustained ejector on those 3 camelbacks, ejector pops on most other hills, and some floaty bits on the inversions. For me, I found the airtime considerably stronger in the back.

As far as RMCs go, I think Twisted Timbers is towards the middle-of-the-pack right around Twisted Cyclone and Storm Chaser. I miss how it doesn't have a standard first drop, but I do love how the coaster is a continuous airtime buffet from start to finish. 9.5 out of 10

Twisted Timbers Barrel Roll 4.JPG
Cedar Point has a Timbers fetish.

Twisted Timbers Camelback.jpg
And RMC has an airtime fetish.

Twisted Timbers Outward Bank.jpg
Even the airtime hills are often twisted.

My original plan was to only hit Twisted Timbers and Intimidator, but I couldn't pass up Drop Tower. I've had relatively good luck with Intamin coasters over the years, but this Intamin drop tower is never open for me. I think it has only been open in one of my visits over the years.

And it's a shame since this is easily one of the better drop towers out there. This one has an unobstructed view for miles, some wonderful floater at the start of the drop, and a drop that never ends. The brakes seem to engage really late on this one and I love it. 9 out of 10

Drop Tower.JPG
The gyro drop that doesn't gyro was actually open.

I've long said Skyrush and Intimidator 305 are two of the most intense coasters in the world. So it was a real treat riding both a few days apart. And per usual, I305 was a complete walk-on for all rows except the front.

While I'll still take a B&M giga drop over it, Intimidator 305 has a really sweet first drop with oodles of sustained airtime. But its signature moment is that low-to-the-ground turn. I don't care how many coasters you've ridden. It will cause you to greyout. If you say it doesn't, you're lying.

I always forget just how strong the airtime is on the second hill. Maybe it's because I'm still trying to regain my vision, but it's powerful, sustained ejector. Call me crazy, but I actually prefer this element over the insane transitions enthusiasts rave about.

And don't get me wrong, those transitions are amazing. They're ridiculously snappy. They're so snappy they somehow manage to cause quick pops of airtime. I'm just more of an airtime guy. That's why I prefer Twisted Timbers. But I still love I305 for its uniqueness. I still can't believe Intamin designed a giga that hugs the ground this much and that someone actually bought it. 9.5 out of 10

Intimidator 305 Lift.JPG
This was the only reason for me to enter the water park.

Intimidator 305 Finale 1.JPG
I305 simply looks massive.

Intimidator 305 Twistie 1.JPG
Saying a giga coaster hauls should be expected, but I305 really hauls.

Intimidator 305 Camelback.JPG
Even the trim can't sap all of Intimidator's speed.

I think I know the answer, but do most of you know your coaster count off the top of your head? After my first ride on Intimidator, a few fellow enthusiasts noticed my Dollywood shirt and were interested to know how many coasters I had ridden. I sort of froze and could only give a ballpark. There are simply too many super loops and diskos to count. Or maybe it's all the SLCs making it too hard to remember.

But we did have a nice conversation and if you guys are reading this, I hope you enjoy the rest of your trip!

I then decided to press my luck and see if Volcano had a queue. Even on the busiest of days, this signature attraction always has a line. Well, it was a bit harder to find than it has been in past years, but eventually I found the station. And it must have been my lucky day since there was no queue.

Unless you've been living under a rock, you know I wasn't actually planning on riding Volcano. Doing so would have caused me to miss my flight. Why else wouldn't I ride it? :lol:

Volcano RIP.JPG
Volcano's camouflage paint job is quite striking.

Due to the circumstances of a last second family vacation in a different destination than originally planned, I couldn't fit a whole day at Kings Dominion. This really is a full day park. It has a really strong ride lineup even without Volcano.

So do I have any regrets turning down a full day at Six Flags America in exchange for 5 hours of traffic and only 2 hours of park time? Nope. Twisted Timbers and I305 are that good*.

*Feel free to interpet what that means about Six Flags America.

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby coneyislandchris » Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:47 am

Canobie Coaster wrote:Canobie is a wonderful home park. It really is a charming place that always puts a smile on my face. Most people clamor for new rides. I just dream of the day when Canobie offers a season pass.

Sorry to quote a months-old post in this thread, but you might be interested to hear that the day you're dreaming of is today.
That coaster dad [336] and that coaster kiddo [216]. Road trip buddies for life.
Dad's faves: Fury 325. Phantom's Revenge. Twisted Timbers. Intimidator 305. El Toro.

Kiddo's faves: Talon. Alpengeist. Raptor. Twisted Timbers. Fury 325.

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby Mike240SX » Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:54 am

Haha I totally agree with your decision. Despite living in Northern Delaware, 3-4 hours away from KD, I consider KD my "home park" and I haven't been to SFA since 2009, and that was only at the insistence of some friends.

Sounds like you had a great trip.
-Mike
Total Coasters: 134
Top 10 Steel: Maverick, Skyrush, Intimidator 305, Banshee, Millennium Force, Raptor, Superman: The Ride (SFNE), Top Thrill Dragster, Big Bad Wolf, Volcano
Top 10 Wood: The Beast, El Toro, Phoenix (Knoebels), Boulder Dash, Thunderbolt (KW), Mystic Timbers, Comet (Hershey), Hercules, Shivering Timbers, Jack Rabbit (KW)
Top 5 Hybrid: Twisted Timbers, Goliath (SFGAm), Wicked Cyclone, Great White, Gemini

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:13 pm

Some great recent reports here, planning on hitting both KD and Hershey in the next few weeks/month so thanks for increasing the excitement over here.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:39 pm

coneyislandchris wrote:
Canobie Coaster wrote:Canobie is a wonderful home park. It really is a charming place that always puts a smile on my face. Most people clamor for new rides. I just dream of the day when Canobie offers a season pass.

Sorry to quote a months-old post in this thread, but you might be interested to hear that the day you're dreaming of is today.

YES!

If only they could have done this before my company announced they were moving to Boston since I currently work just 5 minutes away currently. :lol:

That being said, I live just a half hour away so my Canobie visits are going to increase big time next year. This is easily the best addition of 2020!

Mike240SX wrote:Haha I totally agree with your decision. Despite living in Northern Delaware, 3-4 hours away from KD, I consider KD my "home park" and I haven't been to SFA since 2009, and that was only at the insistence of some friends.

Sounds like you had a great trip.

My friend lives in DC. They knew about Kings Dominion, Busch Gardens, and Hersheypark. But they had no clue Six Flags America even existed. So not only do the people who attend have lackluster reviews, but even those who haven't gone don't know about it.

I actually don't hate Six Flags America. It is just wildly outperformed by all the region's other parks.

boldikus wrote:Some great recent reports here, planning on hitting both KD and Hershey in the next few weeks/month so thanks for increasing the excitement over here.

Thanks! Both those parks are awesome so I know you'll have a great time.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby michaellynn4 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:52 pm

Gotta say man, your stamina for all these park visits on one trip is impressive. I'm at a point where I get burnt out after just a couple. Glad you had a blast!

Also, yay to Canobie getting a pass! I really enjoyed my visit there a few years back. Here's hoping they see positive results from it.
DFTBA: Don't Forget to be Awesome.
#1: Skyrush

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:26 pm

Sorry for backing up here, but I love the shot of the two (shall we call them?) "old style simulator rides," side by side each other in Dutch Wonderland. Both Voyager and Astroliner are nice, old-tech rides that I think, when still kept in shape, are always fun to go on. And thanks for another great shot of the Dutch Wonder House. I still want to go there and ride that one. One of the best looking, retro mad houses/haunted swings out there, in the World IMhO!

Thanks for all of the above in your on going TR! :b
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Postby Canobie Coaster » Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:12 pm

michaellynn4 wrote:Gotta say man, your stamina for all these park visits on one trip is impressive. I'm at a point where I get burnt out after just a couple. Glad you had a blast!

Also, yay to Canobie getting a pass! I really enjoyed my visit there a few years back. Here's hoping they see positive results from it.

I'm really intrigued to see how many people buy them since they're pricier than the other parks in the area.

Nrthwnd wrote:Sorry for backing up here, but I love the shot of the two (shall we call them?) "old style simulator rides," side by side each other in Dutch Wonderland. Both Voyager and Astroliner are nice, old-tech rides that I think, when still kept in shape, are always fun to go on. And thanks for another great shot of the Dutch Wonder House. I still want to go there and ride that one. One of the best looking, retro mad houses/haunted swings out there, in the World IMhO!

Thanks for all of the above in your on going TR! :b

No problem. I usually love it when parks put two versions of a similar ride next to each other. The best example is a kids drop tower being next to an adult drop tower. The exception is when one of your home park installs a second boomerang next to another boomerang. :lol:

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!