The Official "TPR Coaster Poll" Thread!

2018 Coaster Poll Coming Soon!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Site Admin

Re: The "TPR Coaster Poll" Beta Test is now OPEN!

Postby robbalvey » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:06 am

Hilltopper39 wrote:
robbalvey wrote:
Hilltopper39 wrote:Is it worth considering defunct rides or rides that have been modified in their original version? Rides like the Dania Beach Hurricane, Hades, old Texas Giant, Eagle Fortress jump out as rides that might legitimately be considered in a top 10,20,50 or whatever but if you want the poll to be just currently existing rides in their current formI totally get that.

No. This is not a list of coasters people have ridden this is going to be a poll for the best coasters. A ride that no longer exists cannot be the best coaster because it doesn’t exist so I’m not sure what the point of that would be other than to satisfy someone’s nostalgia for a lost ride and that’s not really what this is about.

Again, think about how it would look presenting an award...

“Dear Six Flags Over Texas your roller coaster won an award! Oh, but not the current version, the version that was torn down seven years ago...”

See how that would sound? :P

Yeah, I get that, make sense. I think I saw Dragons Challenge on the list so may want to remove it unless you want to give Universal an award for a ride they tore down :br :devil:

It was probably there because the initial list was generated about a year ago and yes, needs to be removed.

Did my donkey title just change???

Postby OmnipotentSeal » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:15 am

This is a great idea! I would like to add some coaster that I've ridden but aren't in the system yet.

- Monster (Adventureland)
- Tornado (Adventureland)
- dragon (Adventureland)
- Outlaw (Adventureland)
- Cliffhanger (Glenwood caverns)
- Spongebob squarepants rock bottom plunge- (Nick universe)
- Avatar airbender (Nick universe)
- Fairly odd coaster (Nick universe)
- this may be a stretch as it is a family coaster but Pepsi orange streak (Nick universe)
- American thunder (SFStL)
- Mr. Freeze reverse blast (SFStL)
- Boss (SFStL)
- Pandemonium (SFStL)
- Iron shark (Galveston island historic pleasure pier)
- Screamin eagle (SFStL)
- Batman the ride (SFStL)
- Ninja (SFStL)
That's all for now! Thanks to everyone who made this poll!
Last edited by OmnipotentSeal on Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:16 am.
Please wake up. We are trying a new technique. We don't know where this will show up in your dream, but we hope this message will reach you. You are in a coma. Please wake up. Your family needs you.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:15 am

Also, Dragon Challenge did operate in 2017...

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby SLCHeadache » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:22 am

bert425 wrote:
robbalvey wrote:
bert425 wrote:tho, you likely do want to list the two kiddies: Woodstock Express & Wilderness Run (which thanks to Coastermania last year, I actually have ridden).

I would actually rather not list kiddie coasters as to not encourage enthusiasts behavior to go ride them. Seriously, what is even the point of listing such coasters at Cedar Point on a ballot other than giving self-entitled bragging rights that anyone outside of the coaster geekdom world would care about?

This isn't a "coaster credits" list, it's a poll to determine the best coasters in the world, which two kiddies at Cedar Point are not going to be part of.

absolutely a fair point.

although the Junior coasters, such as the Woodstock Express at KD was actually among our favorite at that park (way better than Grizzly and Hurler, and we even liked it better than Rebel Yell for a woodie).. so I picked a bad example using CP's two Kiddies

but for me, I would rank KD's Woodstock in my list, if it were an option.

as noted tho, you absolutely have a fair point to not include the kiddie coasters.

Seconding this. Pepsi Orange Streak is one of my favorite Minnesota coasters, and Jaguar at Knott's isn't too bad. Both may be junior coasters, but they're custom layout junior coasters. Joker Funhouse at SFOG is a custom kiddie and I would absolutely include it in a ranking.

Off-the-shelf kiddies, however, I won't bother ranking.
Top steel: Millennium Force / Steel Vengeance / Intimidator 305 / Maverick / Fury 325
Top wood: El Toro / Phoenix / GhostRider / Renegade / Flying Turns

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:24 am

Great point. Without Pepsi Orange Streak, the heated battle for the prestigious title of "World's 347th best coaster" is far less of a nail-biter.

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:31 am

Hey as long as Skull Mountain is listed I think everyone will be OK. :lol:

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby prospekt88 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:37 am

So since people are asking where defunct rides are, I assume this isn't just a ranking of coasters that we actually rode in the year 2017? Or is it?

If it's a ranking of coasters that I've ridden in my lifetime, how would you recommend handling a ride like Ghost Rider? It is close to being my least favorite wooden coaster but I don't think the 2017 version would be ranked that way. Should I just leave it off?

Might be nitpicky but these were the only conundrums I've faced while going through this haha. Looking forward to seeing the results!

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby TheoB » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:40 am

I saw you don't want parks with family/kiddie rides only however on my list there were a few major ones missed out:

Blackpool Pleasure Beach
Fantasy Island
Drayton Manor
Flamingo Land

Smaller ones with a major coaster (not sure if you want these but do what you wish):
Adventure Island w/ Rage
Duinrell w/Falcon
Great Yarmouth Pleasure Beach w/Roller Coaster
Legoland Windsor (since the other ones are in)
Lightwater Valley w/Ultimate

Wild Maus XXL was missed as a Travelling coaster too not super high ranking but its popular i'd say.

Smaller parks missed for me: Brean Themepark, Dreamland Margate, Blackgang Chime, Brighton Pier, Gullivers Milton Keynes, Harbour Park(kiddie only), Joyland(kiddie only but it has Tyrolean so i don't know if you want it), Pleasurewood Hills.

Do what you wish with the information, happy to support this!

ALSO with the defunct rides thing will Wild Mouse at Blackpool be included just out of interest as we don't know if it was dismantled or demolished (as far as I know at least) as Kanonen is included as its dismantled.
Helix|Balder|Wildfire|Nemesis|Furius Baco

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:42 am

^
robbalvey wrote:It was probably there because the initial list was generated about a year ago and yes, needs to be removed.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby JordyC » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:42 am

This is fantastic! I have been looking forward to something like this for a very long time!

There are some of my favourite coasters that currently are not in the poll, and may be worth adding to it:
- Alpina Blitz (Nigloland)
- Red Force (Ferrari Land)
- Star Trek: Operation Enterprise (Movie Park Germany)
- Troy (Toverland)
- Gold Rush (Slagharen)
- Baron 1898 (Efteling)
- Joris en de Draak (Efteling)
- Dæmonen (Tivoli Gardens)
- Heide The Ride (Plopsaland De Panne)
- Van Helsing's Factory (Movie Park Germany)
- Rutschebanen (Tivoli Gardens)
Quality Over Quantity

1. Hyperion - Energylandia 2. Wildfire - Kolmården 3. Taiga - Linnanmäki 4. Untamed - Walibi Holland 5. Shambhala - PortAventura 6. Schwur des Kärnan - Hansa Park 7. Taron - Phantasialand 8. Helix - Liseberg 9. Expedition GeForce - Holiday Park 10. Colossos - Heide Park

Coasters: 273 || Parks: 52

Parc Astérix || Slagharen || Plopsa Coevorden || Waarbeek || Liseberg || Kolmården || Gröna Lund || Energylandia || Legendia || Toverland || Alton Towers || South Pier || Blackpool Pleasure Beach

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!