The Official "TPR Coaster Poll" Thread!

2018 Coaster Poll Coming Soon!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: The "TPR Coaster Poll" Beta Test is now OPEN!

Postby bert425 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:13 am

Comeagain? wrote:
bert425 wrote:hmm. . I'm using Firefox, and can't seem to figure out how to look at the list by parks (someone mentioned they could click "ridden all" in a certain park).

I can see the Coaster list just fine, and I can see the list of ridden, AND I can rank fine with drag/drop.

but I'm not seeing how to pull up a list that's park specific? (something i think you would have, since the parks in the "coaster" tab don't seem to be alphabetical.

so assuming it's something *I'm* doing wrong, not something you've done with the poll. . which looks amazing.

Click on most of the park names, to get to the park's page. It'll list all of the coasters included from that park.

thanks.

as I noted in my edit, I think alphabetizing the parks in the Coasters list would be a great tweak (if not wanting to add a "parks" button).

but hell, for a Beta? this is amazing.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby pryonisys » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:16 am

robbalvey wrote:
bert425 wrote:tho, you likely do want to list the two kiddies: Woodstock Express & Wilderness Run (which thanks to Coastermania last year, I actually have ridden).

I would actually rather not list kiddie coasters as to not encourage enthusiasts behavior to go ride them. Seriously, what is even the point of listing such coasters at Cedar Point on a ballot other than giving self-entitled bragging rights that anyone outside of the coaster geekdom world would care about?

This isn't a "coaster credits" list, it's a poll to determine the best coasters in the world, which two kiddies at Cedar Point are not going to be part of.

I agree, there is no good reason for kiddie coasters to be on a coaster poll. I don't think that the Lady Bug kiddie coaster I rode at (insert random park here) is going to really impact a roller coaster poll (and it shouldn't)

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby Comeagain? » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:18 am

coasterbill wrote:PS: Just to clarify, I hit "save" to finish it later, but that's not submitting the ballot right? I don't see a submit button so I assume this is just a live site that's picking these based on everyone's current placement?

That's correct. We'll be able to "run" a list at any time of how things stack up, and we'll likely do that once we get some of the more glaring errors fixed, with plenty of notice.

Postby bert425 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:18 am

robbalvey wrote:
bert425 wrote:tho, you likely do want to list the two kiddies: Woodstock Express & Wilderness Run (which thanks to Coastermania last year, I actually have ridden).

I would actually rather not list kiddie coasters as to not encourage enthusiasts behavior to go ride them. Seriously, what is even the point of listing such coasters at Cedar Point on a ballot other than giving self-entitled bragging rights that anyone outside of the coaster geekdom world would care about?

This isn't a "coaster credits" list, it's a poll to determine the best coasters in the world, which two kiddies at Cedar Point are not going to be part of.

absolutely a fair point.

although the Junior coasters, such as the Woodstock Express at KD was actually among our favorite at that park (way better than Grizzly and Hurler, and we even liked it better than Rebel Yell for a woodie).. so I picked a bad example using CP's two Kiddies

but for me, I would rank KD's Woodstock in my list, if it were an option.

as noted tho, you absolutely have a fair point to not include the kiddie coasters.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Postby coasterbill » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:21 am

Comeagain? wrote:
coasterbill wrote:PS: Just to clarify, I hit "save" to finish it later, but that's not submitting the ballot right? I don't see a submit button so I assume this is just a live site that's picking these based on everyone's current placement?

That's correct. We'll be able to "run" a list at any time of how things stack up, and we'll likely do that once we get some of the more glaring errors fixed, with plenty of notice.

Okay, cool. I'd assume that you'll run into a TON of partially completed ballots that people never finish that screws everything up whenever you run that list though. I imagine that won't be fun to sift through.

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby PennStater » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:23 am

SharkTums wrote:
Dirges wrote:it had 14 of the 19 parks we visited last year but didn't see Waldermeer, Dutch Wonderland, Quazzy, and a few of the other small parks we hit

I think as stated in the original post that not all parks and coasters will be included. To be completely fair and honest, I don't think coasters from any of those three parks would ever crack a top 30 list. Obviously you could push for Waldameer more than the other two for the quality wood coaster, but when was the last time Ravine Flyer II was even in a top 20 list?

I honestly think Waldameer's Ravine Flyer II and Conneaut Lake Park's Blue Streak deserve to be on here. They're both in my top 10 wood, if not top 5.
~ Lifetime Kennywood, Sandcastle, & Idlewild season pass holder! ~
Co-Owner of Kennywood Connection
Kennywood Rides team member since 2009 (August - December)

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:24 am

So I added everything I could, dragged and dropped to rank everything, hit "save", went back into "rankings" and none of my ordering took place, its all back to the order I added them, before ranking. FYI

Postby Hilltopper39 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:25 am

Is it worth considering defunct rides or rides that have been modified in their original version? Rides like the Dania Beach Hurricane, Hades, old Texas Giant, Eagle Fortress jump out as rides that might legitimately be considered in a top 10,20,50 or whatever but if you want the poll to be just currently existing rides in their current formI totally get that.

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby BlahBlahson » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:29 am

Waldameer's Ravine Flyer should def. be added. It's tough because it's probably a lot of work to add everyone's number 50 whatever coaster to the list, but it becomes arbitrary if certain rides are missing but all of Legoland Florida is included (a park with only kiddie/family coasters). I'm sure it will be refined.

T Express, Invadr, Conneaut Blue Streak, Ultra Twister Rusutsu Resort, Gravity Max, just some missing off the top of my head.
Last edited by BlahBlahson on Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:35 am.
Remember: Get out there and RIDE!

Postby coasterbill » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:29 am

boldikus wrote:So I added everything I could, dragged and dropped to rank everything, hit "save", went back into "rankings" and none of my ordering took place, its all back to the order I added them, before ranking. FYI

Oh shit... same. Glad I only ranked like 10 coasters.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!